Select Auto Protect Full Review: The Good and The Bad
Select Auto Protec is an extended auto warranty provider with a high customer satisfaction rate. They offer nationwide coverage for unexpected vehicle repairs no matter how old your vehicle is; they only require you to have a car in good condition.
Select Auto Protect is a startup company that emerged in 2020. They are based in Wilmington, Delaware, but they provide extended auto warranty to all 50 states.
They are not accredited or rated by the Better Business Bureau yet, but they have been rated on Trustpilot, holding a 4.3-star rating. Going through customer reviews, most of them are positive because of their low prices and transparent plans.
Select Auto warranty only offers you three types of coverage; you can choose between Select Silver, Select Gold, and Select Platinum. All three plans are limited to two timeframes; you can either go for 3 years/36,000 miles or 5 years/70,000 miles. Plus, they are all limited to $100 deductibles.
The company will cover mechanical breakdowns caused by faulty parts or handiwork. However, they do not any repair damaged parts caused by negligence, abuse, misuse, or wear and tear.
|What is covered||Select Silver||Select Gold||Select Platinum|
|Lock out||X||X||Not available|
|Steering system||X||X||Not available|
|ABS brakes||X||Not available||Not available|
|Air conditioning||X||Not available||Not available|
|Heating system||X||Not available||Not available|
|Fuel system||X||Not available||Not available|
|Turbo/Supercharger||X||Not available||Not available|
|Hi-Tech||X||Not available||Not available|
|Front suspension||X||Not available||Not available|
|Back Suspension||X||Not available||Not available|
|AWD 4x4||X||Not available||
What's not covered?
Select Auto Protect plans are comprehensive, but they do not cover everything. The following are not included:
- Routine maintenance: Oil changed, checking safety equipment, replacing deteriorating, etc
- Exterior damage: Any scratches or bumps in the paint
- Wear and tear items: Brakes, light bulbs, windshield wipers, etc
- Improper car care: Reckless driving, skipping maintenance, etc
- Interior damage: Broken plastic, damage to the seats, etc
- Accident damage: Broken glass, dents, etc
- Environmental damage: Vandalism, damage from weather, etc
- Customize parts: Aftermarket parts, etc
Along with maintaining your vehicle, they offer:
- Protection guarantee
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gas refill
Select Auto Protect does not provide price estimates on their website or offer online quotes; you will have to call their customer support agent to get a quote. They also do not mention the deductible amount or any other fees.
We reached out to their customer service for a price estimate a 2018 Kia Rio with 35,000 miles on it will cost you:
- Select Silver: For the three years/35,000 miles, you'll pay $1,350; the five years/70,000 miles will cost you $1,750.
- Select Gold: For the three years/35,000 miles, you'll pay $1,400; the five years/70,000 miles will cost you $1,800.
- Select Silver: For the three years/35,000 miles, you'll pay $1,550; the five years/70,000 miles will cost you $1,950.
You can reach out to them by filling out an online form on the "Contact Us" page.
To get a quote, you will need to reach out to their customer support at +1-860-393-0962. Unfortunately, there is no mention of business hours on their website; if you cannot reach them by phone, email them at [email protected].
Select Auto Protect is a newcomer. However, they are rising to the top of the market by offering their clients competitive prices, excellent customer service, and benefits, which have proven successful since most of their customer reviews are positive. They currently offer three plans, and you are required to pay upfront.