Endurance: Revolutionary Vehicle Protection
Endurance is a reputable provider of direct auto warranties, offering exceptional services that have been highly praised by customers for over 15 years. Read our full review to learn more.
Endurance stands out among its competitors as a leading direct provider of auto warranties, having established its reputation as a reliable provider since 2006. Based in Northbrook, Illinois, the company is widely recognized as one of the most prominent third-party extended auto warranty companies in the United States.
How Is Endurance Different?
Unlike brokers, Endurance manages its own vehicle service contracts and deals directly with customers, handling claims in-house. Their vehicle service contracts have six levels of coverage, and you can cancel them easily and get your money back in 30 days.
Why Choose Endurance?
One of the key benefits of Endurance's auto warranty is the freedom it provides customers in terms of repair shop selection. Policyholders have the option to choose any repair shop certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) for covering claims and repairs, giving them the convenience of choosing the closest repair facility regardless of their location. This gives you peace of mind because you know you can handle unexpected breakdowns anywhere and at any time.
Overall, Endurance has amassed mostly positive reviews from its customers. However, there are still many mixed reviews that can be found online. With that being said, that is almost always the case for any company.
As for the reviews, one person states that they have found no issues at all with Endurance. Another person praises the customer support staff and mentions how helpful they are. Last but not least, someone notes that the claims process was "awesome."
As mentioned before, Endurance offers six levels of coverage in its extended auto warranty plans. The first five plans offer extended warranties with different levels of coverage and protection for different kinds of mechanical breakdowns. The last plan combines coverage for extended warranties and maintenance contracts as well.
- Supreme (exclusionary coverage): This is Endurance's highest level of coverage. This top-tier plan is exclusionary, which means that rather than mentioning the features included, the contract lists the features excluded from this plan. The plan includes coverage for almost every part of the car with only a few exclusions. The excluded parts include the safety restraint system, light bulbs & LED lights, glass, battery, high-tech parts that can be included in the coverage at an additional cost, and the cosmetic portions of the car.
- Superior (most component coverage): This is the second level of coverage; the high-tier plan. This comprehensive plan provides coverage for a huge number of parts in the vehicle, excluding some parts like the gaskets.
- Secure Plus (shortest waiting period): This is the mid-level warranty plan. The great thing about this plan is that it has the shortest waiting period of all other plans. The waiting period for this level of coverage is only 30 days and 1,000 miles. It includes a large number of parts, excluding the cooling system, suspension, fuel, and gaskets.
- Secure (most affordable): This is the most basic plan that Endurance offers. This plan only covers parts of the powertrain; these parts include the engine, drivetrain, and transmission. This means that the most vital parts of your vehicle that are the most expensive to repair are covered in this plan.
- Select Premier (for high mileage vehicles): The Select Premier plan has a somewhat extensive inclusion list of covered parts, focusing on the powertrain. You need to know that the brakes and suspension are not included in the coverage of this plan.
- EnduranceAdvantage (includes maintenance): This is the last of the six plans. It covers an extended warranty for mechanical breakdowns and maintenance, which is something you don't find in most extended auto warranty plans or companies. This plan includes three levels of coverage: Prime, Plus, and Preferred. All of these plans include high levels of stated-component coverage. As for the maintenance, the coverage includes oil changes, brake pad replacements, and engine diagnostics.
Important Things to Know
You need to keep in mind that all of these plans exclude costs that have to do with routine maintenance or wear and tear. The plans also do not include coverage for damage caused by any pre-existing issues, theft, vandalism, objects falling on the vehicle, acts of nature, or a lack of routine maintenance.
Furthermore, you can ask to add Endurance Warranty Services for any hybrid components, lift modified components, or commercial use to any plan. In addition to that, you can add coverage for high-tech components if you want to.
Endurance's extended auto warranty plans can have coverage up to 200,000 miles on the odometer, except for the EnduranceAdvantage Prime plan, which has no restriction on the starting mileage. This makes Endurance a great option for those looking to get an extended auto warranty for their used cars.
Also, with zero interest on all plans, you can pay for your coverage in monthly installments over 12, 18, or 24 months.
In any case, if you need more information and details about what is included in each plan, you can read the fine print of your warranty service contract or reach out to Endurance's team to ask for a sample contract with the information needed.
Endurance Elite benefits
Every Endurance customer, for any plan, gets a free year of Endurance Elite benefits. These benefits include:
- 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Total loss protection: You get up to $1,000 dedicated for a replacement vehicle.
- Collision discount: You get up to $500 per covered collision (with a $1,000 limit).
- Tire repair or replacement: This covers repair or replacement of up to two tires per year for tires damaged by road hazards (with a $125 limit per tire).
- Key fob replacement: This covers up to $500 to repair or replace a key fob if needed.
- Endurance mobile app: With this app, you get easy access to roadside assistance wherever and whenever. You also get ownership information and more benefits.
As you may already know, the price of an extended auto warranty plan will depend on a couple of factors, including the vehicle, level of coverage, term length, and more. And so is the case for Endurance's plans. If you take a look at all the leading extended auto warranty companies on the market, you will find that Endurance's prices are among the most affordable, especially keeping in mind all the coverage and benefits you get with every plan.
Endurance does not advertise its prices on the website. So if you need to purchase an extended auto warranty, you will need to get a personalized quote to know your costs. You can go to the website and get a free online quote simply by filling out a form with some personal information as well as information about your vehicle (make, model, year, estimate mileage).
After that, you need to wait for Endurance's team to give you a quote with the costs and options. You can also call their team at 800.253.8203 to get a free quote directly from their professionals.
Above all the mentioned coverage and extra benefits, Endurance comes with even better offers and discounts that are published on their website, helping people save more money. Some of the discounts included are:
- Government employee discount: This discount is available for select state and federal government employees, like school teachers.
- Military discount: This discount is available for active-duty military and veterans as well as their spouses.
- No check engine light discount: If your vehicle has not been in the repair shop for six months or longer, you can make use of this discount on a vehicle service contract with Endurance.
- First-time caller discount: First-time callers get a discount with Endurance in case they purchase coverage during their first call.
Endurance has a few pages dedicated to helping customers understand more about their auto warranty plans. You can find a page for frequently asked questions where you can find answers to almost every inquiry you may have. You can also find a glossary page, a learning center, and many more resources.
In case you do not find an answer to any of your questions on the website, you can contact Endurance's customer service by calling them at 800.253.8203.
After reviewing multiple extended auto warranty companies, we concluded that Endurance is the best one in terms of coverage, benefits, prices, and transparency. Endurance has six levels of coverage, designed to fit almost every type of vehicle with different mileages and needs. So no matter what your vehicle needs, you will find it at Endurance.
If you are still unsure whether or not Endurance is the right company for you, you can check our list of the best-extended auto warranty companies on the market.