Endurance: Revolutionary Vehicle Protection
Endurance is a direct auto warranty provider that sells its own services. The company has been in the business for more than 15 years and has been receiving positive reviews since day one.
Endurance, unlike most of the auto warranty companies on the market, is not a broker; the company is a direct auto warranty provider that has been providing its services since 2006. The company is based in Northbrook, Illinois, and is now one of the biggest, most well-known third-party extended auto warranty companies in the U.S.
Being a direct auto warranty provider means that Endurance manages its own vehicle service contracts and directly deal with customers and handles their claims personally. The company's vehicle service contacts offer six levels of coverage with an option of easy cancellation and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
When it comes to accreditation, Endurance surprisingly holds a C rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, other than the C rating, the company has received numerous positive reviews from customers who have tried its services. The company also holds an impressive gold-level certification given by the Vehicle Protection Association as well as having been placed, multiple times, on Inc. magazine's list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies.
Endurance offers six levels of coverage that can either be paid for at once or in monthly installments over 12, 18, or 24 months with zero interest in all plans.
A great thing about Endurance's auto warranty is that the company gives its customers the freedom to choose from any repair shop as long as it is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE®) for covering claims and repairs. This is a huge advantage, as you will not be limited to a few repair facilities in certain places, and rather can choose any repair shop that is closest to you no matter where you are; this provides ease and convenience in case you experience a mechanical breakdown at an unexpected location or time.
As mentioned before, Endurance offers six levels of coverage in its extended auto warranty plans. The first five plans offer extended warranties with different levels of coverage and protection for different kinds of mechanical breakdowns. The last plan the company offers combines coverage for extended warranties and maintenance contracts as well.
- Supreme: This is Endurance's highest level of coverage. This top-tier plan is exclusionary, which means that rather than mentioning the features included, the company lists the features excluded in this plan. The plan includes coverage for almost every part of the car with only a few exclusions. The excluded parts include the safety restraint system, light bulbs & LED lights, glass, battery, high-tech parts that can be included in the coverage at an additional cost, and the cosmetic portions of the car.
- Superior: This is the second level of coverage; the high-tier plan. This comprehensive plan provides coverage for a huge number of parts in the vehicle.
- Secure Plus: This is the mid-level warranty plan. The great thing about this plan is that it has the shortest waiting period of all other plans. The waiting period for this level of coverage is only 30 days and 1,000 miles.
- Secure: This is the most basic plan that Endurance offers. This plan only covers protection for parts of the powertrain; these parts include the engine, drivetrain, and transmission. This means that the most vital parts of your vehicle that are most expensive to repair are covered in this plan.
- Select Premier: This plan is designed for high-mileage vehicles. The Select Premier plan is has a somewhat extensive inclusion list of parts that are covered, focusing on the powertrain. One thing you need to know is that the brakes and suspension are in the coverage of this plan.
- EnduranceAdvantage™: This is the last of the six plans and it covers an extended warranty for mechanical breakdowns as well as maintenance, which is something you don't find in most extended auto warranty plans or companies. This plan includes three levels of coverage: Prime, Plus, and Preferred. All of these plans include high levels of stated-component coverage. As for the maintenance, the coverage includes oil changes, brake pad replacements, and engine diagnostics.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that all of these plans exclude costs that have to do with routine maintenance or wear and tear. The plans also do not include coverage for damage caused by any pre-existing issues, theft, vandalism, objects falling on the vehicle, acts of nature, and any lack of routine maintenance.
In any case, if you need more information and details about what is included in each plan, you can read the fine print of your warranty service contract or you can reach out to Endurance's team to ask for a sample contract with the information needed.
With any plan, you can ask to add Endurance warranty services for any hybrid components, lift modified components, or commercial use. In addition to that, you can add coverage for high-tech components if you want to. All of Endurance's extended auto warranty plans can have coverage for more than 200,000 miles on the odometer except for the EnduranceAdvantage™ Prime plan that has no restriction on the starting mileage. This makes Endurance a great option for those who are looking to get an extended auto warranty for their used cars.
Additional Endurance benefits
In addition to all of the features mentioned above, all of the previous vehicle protection plans offered by Endurance come with additional benefits. These benefits include:
- Endurance warranty's 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Rental car reimbursement (note that it is limited to $30 per day and $150 per occurrence).
- Coverage for trip interruption.
- One free year of Endurance Elite benefits, which we will go over in detail in the following section.
Endurance Elite benefits
Every Endurance customer, for any plans, gets a free year of Endurance Elite benefits. These benefits include:
- Total loss protection: You get up to $1,000 dedicated for a replacement vehicle.
- Collision discount: You get up to $500 per covered collision (with a $1,000 limit).
- Tire repair or replacement: This covers repair or replacement of up to two tires per year for tires damaged by road hazards (with a $125 limit per tire).
- Key fob replacement: This covers up to $500 to repair or replace a key fob if needed.
- Endurance mobile app: With this app, you get easy access to roadside assistance wherever and whenever. You also get ownership information and more benefits.
To get a quote for your vehicle, you can go to the website and get a free online quote simply by filling out a form with some personal information as well as information about your vehicle (make, model, year, estimate mileage) and waiting for Endurance's team to give you a quote with the costs and options. You can also call their team at 800.253.8203 to get a free quote directly from their professionals.
The average cost of an extended auto warranty plan with Endurance ranges between $70 and $125 per month as well as a deductible of $100. If you take a look at all the leading extended auto warranty companies on the market, you will notice that Endurance's prices are among the most affordable, especially keeping in mind all the coverage and extra benefits you get with every plan.
As you may already know, the price of an extended auto warranty plan will depend on a couple of factors, including the vehicle, level of coverage, term length, and more. And so is the case for Endurance's plans. An example of how much a plan could cost, if you need a bumper-to-bumper quote for a Honda CR-V for instance, you would have to pay around $86 for 3 years for 5 years of coverage and 100,000 miles in the Supreme plan. And as mentioned before, the deductible is $100.
Above all the mentioned coverage and extra benefits, Endurance comes with even better offers and discounts that are published on their website helping people save more money. Some of the discounts included are:
- Government employee discount: This Endurance discount is available for Select state and federal government employees like school teachers.
- Military discount: This Endurance discount is available for active-duty military and veterans as well as their spouses.
- No check engine light discount: If your vehicle has not been in the repair shop for six months or longer, you can make use of this discount on a vehicle service contract with Endurance.
- First-time caller discount: First-time callers get a discount with Endurance in case they purchase coverage during the first call.
Endurance has a few pages dedicated to helping customers understand more about their auto warranty plans. You can find a page for frequently asked questions where you can find answers to almost every question you may have. You can also find a page for a glossary, a learning center, and many more resources.
In case you do not find an answer to any of your questions on the website, you can contact Endurance's customer service by calling them at 800.253.8203.
After reviewing multiple extended auto warranty companies, we concluded that Endurance is the best one in terms of coverage, benefits, prices, and transparency.
Endurance has six levels of coverage, designed to fit almost every type of vehicle with different mileages and needs. So no matter what your vehicle needs, you will find it in Endurance.
In case you are still unsure about whether or not Endurance is the right company for you, you can check our list of the best-extended auto warranty companies on the market.