ASC Warranty Review: Is It the Right Choice for You?
Updated: July 31st, 2023
ASC Warranty, a long-standing player in the auto warranty industry, provides comprehensive coverage for cars, trucks, and SUVs tailored to meet each customer’s unique needs and budget. Offering a range of contract lengths and mileage limits, ASC ensures flexibility for vehicle owners looking for car warranties.
If you’re looking for a full and in-depth ASC Warranty review, you’ve come to the right place.
Origin & History of ASC Warranty
Founded in 1986, ASC Warranty has over 30 years of experience as a leading provider of extended vehicle service contracts. The company's strong reputation is reflected in its A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), with which it has been accredited since 1987. It is also insured by the American Bankers Insurance Company.
ASC Warranty offers a diverse range of coverage options to accommodate the varying needs and budgets of different vehicles. They also boast an extensive network of authorized repair facilities across the United States, ensuring convenience and safety for their customers. As the automotive industry continues to evolve, ASC Warranty remains committed to adapting and delivering optimal comfort to its valued clients.
Perks of Choosing ASC Auto Warranty
When looking to provide warranty protection for your car, it can be hard to decide on the right provider for your needs. There are advantages to using ASC services that you may find appealing.
Some of their perks include:
- $0 deductible on all plans: ASC stands out in the industry by providing a $0 deductible for all their plans. You can have peace of mind knowing that you won't have to bear any financial burden for covered repairs when sudden breakdowns occur
- Transferable contracts: ASC allows clients to transfer their active coverage to a new owner in the event they sell their car. By having a service agreement in place, vehicles gain a significant advantage in terms of resale value, and potential buyers are reassured that they won't face substantial repair expenses down the road
- Straightforward claims process: When it comes to repairs, ASC Warranty's claim process is designed to be straightforward and convenient. While it does involve you taking several steps, what sets them apart from other warranty providers is that ASC ensures the repair shop is paid on the spot. This means you don't have to worry about paying out of pocket and waiting for reimbursement, which can be especially beneficial in cases where the repair costs are high
- Live chat option: Despite being an older company, they still provide their clients with more advanced tools when compared to other auto warranty providers. You can reach their customer support through their website with a live chat option, even if you are not a member. They have three options for the chat: customer service, the claims department, and dealer services, which can be a big advantage in the case of a breakdown on the road
- Supplemental coverage: One of ASC's plans can be added on top of your existing factory powertrain warranty, providing an extra layer of protection. You might not be aware that a new car’s original warranty will typically cover fewer parts after three years or a certain number of driven miles. Such a plan will pick up the slack to ensure you have comprehensive coverage. In fact, the company suggests that this plan is even more valuable while your vehicle still has fewer miles and years on it. This way, you can take advantage of lower parts and labor costs because they may increase as the years go by. Investing in extra protection now can save you from unexpected expenses down the road
- Customer portal: Another progressive step that ASC Warranty offers is the customer login portal. This innovative feature allows members to effortlessly access and manage all aspects of their contract once they've signed up. With the customer portal, you gain the ability to conveniently view your coverage details, check the status of claims, and engage with additional useful features, all directly from your device. It's a centralized and user-friendly platform that ensures you stay on top of all your warranty information, providing security in one convenient place
Why Seek an Alternative to the ASC Warranty?
Although ASC provides a wide range of coverage options and features, there are certain negative aspects to consider:
- No sample contract: ASC does provide its customers with a general plan coverage document on its website. Yet, unlike some other companies, they don't have any sample contracts readily available for public viewing. To obtain one, you need to contact their customer service department or consult a dealership to select a plan that suits your needs. Once you've made your selection, the dealership will send you your contract for review. This process may be inconvenient when comparing plans and finding additional details
- Limited coverage: In comparison to other extended auto warranty companies, ASC has a lower mileage limit. ASC offers a maximum mileage coverage of 120,000 miles, whereas other competitors offer longer terms of up to 250,000 miles. Be aware that the coverage plan document they provide on their website is unclear regarding the mileage limits of each plan. To obtain more detailed information, we highly recommend reaching out to their customer support team
- No direct quote engine: Despite their other advanced features, ASC doesn't offer a free quote engine. The only way to get a quote for your vehicle is by contacting a dealership. Live chat is also available, but they will redirect you to the dealership you purchased your vehicle from. In contrast, Allstate, which similarly sells policies at dealerships, will directly offer you their plans, give you quotes, and answer questions online so you don’t feel pressured when shopping around
- Ambiguous information: ASC, unfortunately, doesn't disclose pricing or waiting periods, which can leave potential customers in the dark. Moreover, the plan details provided are minimal, requiring individuals to contact customer support for comprehensive information on prices, mileage, limits, and conditions. The lack of transparency can pose a disadvantage for individuals striving to make informed decisions and accurately compare different auto warranty providers. It's crucial for customers to have access to all necessary details to ensure they are choosing the right option for their needs and budget
Detailed Breakdown of ASC Warranty Plans
ASC offers extensive coverage for both new and used vehicles, covering critical components such as the engine, transmission, and electrical system. Their plans provide comprehensive component coverage, including 24/7 roadside assistance, trip interruption coverage, and rental car reimbursement. With these added benefits, you'll have access to towing services, emergency fuel delivery, flat tire assistance, key lockout services, and more.
Their various plans include Drivetrain Plus Coverage, Platinum Drivetrain, Deluxe Coverage, and Factory Type Coverage. The component lists provided below are not exhaustive. It's a good idea to thoroughly review the contract or refer to the ASC Warranty coverage document for comprehensive details.
Their plans are:
- Drivetrain Plus Coverage: This is their most basic coverage, which includes: engine, automatic transmission, standard transmission, drive axle assembly (front or wheel drive), drive axle assembly (4-wheel and all-wheel drive, seals and gaskets, cooling, electrical
- Platinum Drivetrain: This plan covers the parts listed within the Drivetrain Plus Coverage plan but adds some extra components, such as: air conditioning (factory installed only), cooling, electrical
- Deluxe Coverage: This plan includes all of the parts covered in the Drivetrain Plus Coverage and Platinum Drivetrain plans above, as well as: fuel delivery, brakes, front suspension, steering, Eeectrical
- Factory-Type Coverage: This plan is the most comprehensive, as it encompasses all components included in the manufacturer's original warranty. The company doesn't explicitly list the exclusions under this plan but provides a limited list, such as oil, brake shoes, belts, hoses, tires, and tune-up items. We advise reading the contract the company provides and asking all the questions you require to fully comprehend the scope of coverage under this plan
What does the ASC Warranty exclude?
ASC Warranty excludes certain items from coverage, such as pre-existing conditions, routine maintenance, repairs without prior authorization, damage from a lack of maintenance, misuse, or abuse. Wear and tear, as well as cosmetic damage, are also often not covered. Some plans may exclude high-performance or modified vehicles. Reviewing the terms and conditions is crucial to understanding what is excluded. Also, you can view the covered and excluded components under each plan in the plan coverage document on their website.
ASC Warranty costs
ASC offers a range of coverage plans, each with its own cost. The cost of the warranty is determined by factors such as the age, mileage, and model of the vehicle. Additional coverage options can increase the overall cost of an ASC plan. The company doesn't provide any more information about the prices on its website or in the coverage plan document. After diligent research, we found that some customers were quoted an average price between $600-$1000 for about six months of coverage.
You can lower the average cost of your warranty by purchasing it before the car's original warranty expires or early in your ownership. They also provide a loan calculator that helps you determine the ideal repayment period for your contract. By utilizing this tool, you can assess how the service contract will impact your monthly vehicle payments, giving you a clear understanding of the additional cost involved.
It's important to compare the costs of ASC Warranty with those of other extended warranty providers to ensure you are getting the best coverage for your money. It's also important to carefully review the added cost of the service vehicle agreement provided to you to understand what's covered and any additional costs or exclusions. Due to the absence of a deductible in all the plans offered, it's possible that they may have a higher cost compared to other companies. Comparing quotes from multiple providers can help ensure you get the best price for your vehicle’s auto warranty.
Who Benefits From the ASC Warranty?
The ASC Warranty is useful for anyone in the following scenarios:
- If you sell your vehicle: Many service contracts can be transferred to the subsequent owner of a covered car. Because of its transferability feature, the plan you choose will add value to your car if you decide to sell it. The warranty will show potential buyers that you took the time and money to protect your investment, making them more likely to purchase your car. In most cases, this will require a fee (typically $100) and only applies when you directly sell the vehicle to a private party. Be sure to read the fine print of your contract for complete information on this before selling your car
- If you prefer $0 deductibles: Not many auto warranty providers offer the advantageous feature of $0 deductibles on all of their plans. This means that in the unfortunate event of a breakdown, you won't have to worry about shelling out any sum of money. The peace of mind that comes with this level of protection can be invaluable, as it eliminates the added stress of having to pay at an inconvenient time
- If you want hassle-free services: ASC provides 24/7 roadside assistance and emergency towing for all of their plans. With their help, you will be able to get back on the road quickly and safely. Additionally, they have a live chat option for their claims department, so you can contact them swiftly in case of a breakdown. When your vehicle’s repairs are authorized, ASC sends the repairs’ cost directly to the repair shop on the spot, so you don't have to worry about paying out-of-pocket or future reimbursements
Who Is the ASC Warranty Not Suitable For?
Based on the ASC Warranty's benefits and drawbacks, it may not be appropriate for the following people:
- If you prefer online quotes: If you're exploring auto warranty coverage options for your vehicle and comparing prices and plans, you may find this to be an inconvenient choice. While ASC Warranty's website does offer live chat for customer inquiries, it disappointingly lacks information on available plans, prices, and additional features. This can leave you feeling pressured by your dealership and prolong your decision-making process. This may not be your ideal option if you prioritize a swift decision
- If you want a warranty provider that is not limited to the dealership: ASC sells their coverage plans solely through dealerships. Having to do business through the dealership may result in misunderstandings, lengthy wait times, and difficult processes when attempting to purchase or cancel a contract. If you prefer a more personal and straightforward experience with your auto warranty company, this may not be the company for you
- If you want coverage plans that go beyond 120,000 miles: If you're the owner of an older/used car or exceed the mileage limits offered by this company, it may be worth exploring alternative options. It is also important to consider how many miles you will accumulate through the years. Other auto warranty companies provide coverage for higher mileage, often at similar price points
- If you want to customize your coverage: While ASC offers comprehensive coverage plans, they may lack the flexibility to customize them according to your financial situation. If you're seeking a more tailored coverage plan within your budget, exploring alternative companies that provide this feature might be a viable option
Customer Experiences With ASC Warranty
Real customer testimonials and experiences with ASC Warranty provide valuable insights into the benefits and drawbacks of the service. Based on customer reviews, ASC Warranty is praised for its comprehensive coverage options, reliable customer service, and 24-hour roadside assistance. These positive customer reviews highlight the trustworthiness and reliability of ASC Warranty as a leading company in the industry.
Most of the positive reviews we found on BBB testify to the easy and quick claims process. Some reviewers stated that their claims were resolved on the same day while at the repair shop, and others said they were approved and resolved within the next day of filing a claim. Others stated that the customer service department was responsive and helpful when they needed assistance.
However, some customers have raised concerns about the cancellation process and specific coverage exclusions. Canceling warranty plans or obtaining refunds can be challenging. Issues with the claim approval process have also resulted in denied claims for some customers.
We came across a customer who complained on BBB about not receiving his refund after canceling his contract. The response he got from ASC Warranty was that they reimbursed the dealership and that he should contact the dealership to get his money back. However, the dealership closed after receiving his refund and never contacted him. Upon being informed, ASC responded that his contract had been purchased and handled through the dealership, thus absolving them of any responsibility or involvement.
Overall, ASC Warranty has received positive customer satisfaction ratings and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We highly recommend visiting the BBB's website for a more comprehensive understanding of this company's track record. It offers valuable insights into past experiences and engagements. To get the most out of ASC Warranty, we recommend thoroughly reviewing your warranty agreement, understanding your coverage options, and staying in touch with ASC Warranty's customer service on a regular basis.
Customer Support at ASC Warranty
To contact their support team for further information, dial 800-264-5090 or 800-442-7116. To contact the claims administrator, you can call (800) 264-5090, live chat with the claims department through their website, fill out a claims form, or send an email through their website portal. When reaching out, remember to provide your agreement number, current mileage, a concise description of the issue, when it first occurred, and whether your vehicle is already at the repair shop. It's vital that ASC hear from you before any repairs commence at an ASE-certified repair facility, as unauthorized repairs may be denied.
For roadside assistance, call (888) 207-0166. You can also contact them through live chat. Unfortunately, they don't provide their customers with an email or any information on working hours. However, they do invite you to visit their office in person at 1793 Highway 201 N. Mountain Home, AR 72654. Another way of contacting them is by filling out the form on their website and waiting for them to contact you.
ASC Warranty Review: Conclusion
ASC Warranty offers different levels of coverage options and a trusted reputation in the industry. With a variety of plans to choose from and unique benefits provided, ASC ensures that customers have peace of mind when it comes to protecting their vehicles. While there may be some common complaints, overall, the positive customer reviews demonstrate the satisfaction and reliability of ASC Warranty. We recommend carefully considering the cost and value offered by ASC Warranty and comparing them to alternatives before making a decision.
Remember that the final quote may differ from the initial estimate when you contact your dealership. It's advisable to discuss the coverage options, limitations, and costs at length before making any purchases. Additionally, consider any associated fees related to the coverage plan that might not be stated on your contract. It's important to be aware that purchasing and managing a contract with ASC through a dealership may result in additional inconveniences and paperwork.
If you're still unsure about purchasing your warranty through ASC, be sure to check out our blog, review, and comparison pages for more information on other auto warranty providers that might meet your needs.
Read More on Our Blog
Save Big on Auto Warranty
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on Auto Warranty