Alpha Warranty Services: Protecting Your Lifestyle
Published: November 15th, 2023
In 2002, in Riverton, UT, Alpha Warranty Services was established to build a business that provides vehicle service contracts (VSCs), which put their client's needs ahead of their own, according to their mission statement: they protect used and new car owners from unexpected repair costs. They offer various VSC plans to cater to different needs and preferences, including electric vehicles and hybrid coverage.
Whether you want to change your auto warranty or it's your first time buying one, read more about this extended auto warranty provider in detail. We'll discuss their plans, prices, pros and cons, whether they're a good fit for you, and their reputation to help you make a better decision.
The Origin of Alpha Warranty Services
Alpha Warranty Services is a leading player in the automotive warranty industry, boasting a history rooted in commitment and innovation. Established with a vision to redefine how vehicle protection plans are perceived, the company has steadily grown to become a trusted name in the market. With a focus on customer satisfaction and comprehensive coverage, Alpha has carved a niche in the competitive landscape of warranty services for old and new vehicles.
Over the years, they have grown by keeping long-term partnerships with some of the best auto shops in the country, such as RepairPal, to help manage their service contracts. They are accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2005 and have an A+ rating on their profile page. The company offers award-winning customer service and claims, including being named the Customer Service Department of the Year in 2021.
The Pros & Cons of Alpha Warranty Services
- Extensive coverage: One of the standout features is their comprehensive coverage. Their plans encompass many components, providing a holistic protection package. The seamless claims process is a significant advantage, ensuring that customers experience minimal hassle when it comes to availing benefits
- Customer platform: Alpha has adapted to the evolving needs of the automotive industry by incorporating innovative technologies into their service model. This includes user-friendly online platforms that simplify the process of accessing information and filing claims
- Live chat: This real-time communication channel instantly connects users and the support team. Whether it's a quick question, clarification about coverage, or assistance with the claims process, the live chat feature ensures that customers can get prompt and convenient support without the need for a phone call or email
- Coverage for EVs: The inclusion of EV coverage ensures that environmentally conscious vehicle owners can enjoy the same comprehensive protection as traditional vehicle owners, fostering inclusivity in their customer base
- Unlimited mileage terms: This is a significant advantage for individuals who drive extensively, whether for business or personal reasons. The unlimited mileage terms mean coverage remains effective regardless of how many miles the vehicle accrues. This feature accommodates the diverse needs of customers who rely heavily on their cars, providing an extra layer of assurance
- Nationwide coverage: Another notable advantage is the national coverage provided by Alpha. Vehicle owners can travel across the country confident that their warranty coverage remains valid. For those who frequently travel by car or relocate to different areas, this extensive coverage network ensures that customers are not geographically limited
- Customizable plans: Alpha recognizes that one size does not fit all regarding vehicle protection; they offer customizable plans to address this, allowing customers to tailor their coverage to their specific needs and preferences. Whether it's adding optional coverage for luxury features or selecting a plan that suits a particular vehicle type, the flexibility to customize plans reflects Alpha Warranty Services' commitment to providing personalized solutions for its diverse customer base
- Transferable contracts: Alpha service contracts are fully transferable, allowing customers to transfer the agreement to a new owner if they sell or trade in their vehicle
- Lack of transparency: This could include unclear terms or conditions, which might lead to confusion during the claims process, as well as price information, deductibles, and added costs. This lack of clarity can contribute to uncertainty among customers and potentially impact their trust in the service
- Limited extra benefits: While offering comprehensive coverage, Alpha may be perceived as providing limited additional benefits compared to some competitors. Some customers might seek extra perks such as roadside assistance, rental car coverage, or trip interruption benefits that go beyond basic repair coverage. The absence of these additional features may be a drawback for individuals who value a more extensive suite of benefits along with their warranty service
- No sample contracts: Access to sample contracts allows potential customers to understand the terms, conditions, and limitations of coverage before making a purchase decision. The lack of sample contracts can create uncertainty, as customers may hesitate to commit without a clear understanding of the detailed terms of the agreement. Providing sample contracts for prospective customers to review could contribute to a more informed and confident decision-making process
- No quote engine: Alpha does not have an online quote engine like some of their competitors, so users can not get instant quotes. This lack of a quote engine could be a downside for potential customers who like getting pricing information right away
Alpha Warranty Services Coverage
This service provider had many warranty plans in the past, including the Alpha Tiered and ABC programs. However, at the time of publishing this review, there are only three customizable coverage options now: PriorityOne, A+, and A LA Car. They offer unlimited mileage terms, nationwide coverage, roadside assistance, rental reimbursement, and coverage for electric and hybrid vehicles on all these plans.
This is their premier protection plan, with the highest level of coverage. This plan covers most parts of your car, with a list of exclusions. The components include the engine, EV powertrain, transmission and transfer case, the EV transmission, fuel system, electrical system, cooling system, suspension, heating and AC, steering, and brakes.
This plan has a dedicated PriorityOne support line and unlimited mileage terms. Vehicles with up to 150,000 miles and 10 model years on them are eligible for this plan. It also has optional coverage at an additional cost for the drive battery pack (for EVs and hybrids) and a high-tech system.
This is their mid-level vehicle protection that covers 260 parts of your vehicle with eligibility of up to 15 model years and 175,000 miles. The components include the engine, transmission and transfer case, cooling, drive axle, air conditioning, electrical, fuel system, turbo and supercharge, steering, seals and gaskets, brakes, and suspension.
They offer coverage under this plan for electric and hybrid vehicles, which includes the car’s EV powertrain, transmission, cooling, drive axle, air conditioning, electrical, steering, seals and gaskets, brakes, and suspension. Enhanced cooling, electrical, and suspension systems are optional and cost extra.
They also offer additional optional coverage for an extra fee for your car's drive battery pack (only for EVs and hybrids ) and hi-tech system.
A La Car plan
Their lowest coverage level is the powertrain plan, which covers over 88 parts of your car, up to 15 model years and 200,000 miles. The covered parts include the engine and cooling, transmission and transfer case, turbo, and supercharger. Their electric vehicle contract covers the EV powertrain and EV transmission.
They also provide optional coverage at an additional cost for components such as the air conditioning, drive axle, electrical, seals and gaskets, fuel, and drive battery pack (only for EVs and hybrids).
What do they not cover?
While they don't have a clear list of what's not covered on their brochures, usually, extended warranty coverage does not expand to cover things such as maintenance costs or oil delivery services. We recommend reading the fine print of the contract they provide you when you contact them.
The Cost of Repairs With Alpha Warranty Services
One notable aspect of Alpha is their inclusion of labor costs in their coverage. Unlike some competitors who might only cover the cost of parts, Alpha understands that labor expenses can be a significant burden for vehicle owners. By incorporating labor costs into their plans, the company ensures that customers are not left with unexpected out-of-pocket expenses when repairs are needed.
Because they don't share any information on their prices, deductibles, or added costs, we recommend contacting customer service to get a quote on your vehicle and compare them with alternatives before you make your final decision.
Customer reviews provide valuable insights into how well Alpha Warranty Services delivers on their promises. They have a 4.5 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot, a 4.3 rating on Birdeye, and a 1.1 rating out of 5 on the BBB.
Users consistently praise the variety of plans, emphasizing the flexibility to choose coverage that aligns with their needs. The clarity in plan details and the ease of customizing coverage through add-on options are frequently cited as positive aspects. One customer praised the claim's efficiency in rebuilding their vehicle’s broken transmission.
A recurring issue highlighted in customer feedback on the BBB website revolves around challenges with the claims processing system. Many customers have encountered obstacles in effectively navigating and completing the claims process, leading to delays in securing coverage for their vehicle repairs. Additionally, there have been instances of frustration due to denied claims, particularly for parts customers assumed were included under their coverage.
Alpha has proactively stepped forward to address customer queries, aiming to demystify the claims process and the specifics of their Vehicle Service Contract (VSC). This effort is focused on dispelling any ambiguities and offering a clearer perspective on how the company manages claims. Such clarifications are designed to enhance transparency and understanding. However, it's important to note that the impact of these explanations may differ based on individual customer experiences and expectations.
When reading about an auto warranty company, looking at positive and negative reviews is important. Some negative reviews may be because customers didn’t understand the contract terms or did not ask the salesperson all the right questions. This is why we always recommend reading all the fine print and asking all the questions you need to fully understand before signing on the dotted line.
To file a claim, take your vehicle to the seller who sold you the contract to see if they have a repair facility. If this is not possible, you can find a qualified repair shop through RepairPal's trusted network.
In conclusion, Alpha Warranty Services has positioned themselves as a reputable extended warranty provider. The company's history of commitment and innovation is evident in their comprehensive coverage, transparent pricing, and user-friendly approach. Including labor costs in their plans further distinguishes them, acknowledging the practical challenges vehicle owners face.
While there are some reported disadvantages, such as potential delays in the claims approval process, the overall positive feedback from customers emphasizes the effectiveness of Alpha Warranty Services. The company's dedication to usability, guidance, and support enhances the overall customer experience, making it a compelling choice for individuals seeking reliable and transparent vehicle protection plans.
Ultimately, the company's positive reputation and customer-centric approach make them a strong contender in the automotive warranty market, deserving of consideration from discerning vehicle owners.
If you are still unsure about this auto protection provider, read our auto warranty reviews, blogs, and comparison pages for better insight into alternative companies such as Endurance, CARCHEX, or Carshield.
Save Big on Auto Warranty
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on Auto Warranty