Engage PEO Review: Making HR Easier & More Efficient
Updated: October 23, 2023
Engage PEO, a leading Professional Employer Organization (PEO), offers a wide range of expert HR services and employment solutions to businesses across various industries. With a history of supporting organizations, Engage PEO stands out as a valuable partner for companies seeking to streamline their human resources processes and employee management.
If you're a business owner considering this PEO provider as a partner, our review will tell you everything you need to know about them, including their features and benefits, as well as any other things that might go wrong before you make your final choice.
Engage PEO was founded in 2011 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., by Jay Starkman, a seasoned professional with a background in employment law and HR consulting. Starkman's vision was to create a PEO with a group of qualified Professional Employer Organization executives that could offer comprehensive HR solutions to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), focusing on personalized service and expertise.
The company’s initial years were marked by steady growth as more and more businesses recognized the benefits of outsourcing HR functions to experts in the field. Their commitment to customization and service flexibility made them an attractive choice for many clients.
As they continued to evolve, they expanded their service offerings to meet the diverse needs of their clients. This expansion included traditional HR services like payroll and benefits administration and a strong emphasis on compliance, a vital area of concern for businesses in a complex and ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Since 2017, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has accredited them as a Certified Professional Employer Organization (CPEO). Since 2012, the Employer Service Assurance Corporation (ESAC) has accredited them. They're also National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO) members. As an extra step, they have completed a Statement of Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) Type 11 examination, which might indicate stronger business performance. However, they don’t have a page on the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Industries & Businesses
Engage PEO caters to diverse industries and businesses, making their services accessible to a broad client base. Their clientele includes small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), white and gray-collar businesses, startups, and even larger enterprises. Whether you're working in healthcare, restaurants and hotels, professional services firms, franchisees, or multi-state employers, they adapt their offerings to suit your specific needs. Their flexible approach ensures that virtually any industry can benefit from their services.
Features & Services
They distinguish themselves with a set of unique features and services that set them apart from the competition. Their core offerings can be summarized as follows:
- Human resources management: Engage handles various HR functions, including employee training, job descriptions for core positions, compliance, and hiring and recruitment guidance. By outsourcing these tasks, businesses can focus on their core operations and reduce the administrative burden associated with HR
- Employee benefits: One of Engage PEO's standout services is their full range of health benefit packages. They offer tailored solutions like ACA-compliant health insurance, retirement plans, and wellness programs. This ensures that your employees receive competitive benefits that contribute to their overall job satisfaction and well-being
- Payroll and tax administration: They simplify payroll processes, handling tasks like direct deposits, tax filings, and payroll reporting. This leads to greater accuracy and efficiency in managing your workforce's compensation and other payroll tasks
- Regulatory compliance and training: Navigating the complex world of employment regulations is a significant challenge for businesses. That's why this provider assists clients in staying compliant with local, state, and federal labor laws. Their expertise minimizes the risk of legal complications and penalties
- Worker’s compensation and risk management: Engage PEO assists businesses in managing worker's compensation issues, which includes aggressive claims management and mitigation, return-to-work programs, and drug-free workplace programs. Their risk management services help reduce the potential for workplace accidents, insurance claims, and related legal complications
- Integrated technology: Their user-friendly platforms and digital tools simplify HR processes, payroll management, and benefits administration. This integrated technology makes it easier for businesses to access their services and enhances the overall efficiency of HR and employment management. However, they don’t offer a lot of information about their software, and you’ll have to contact them to learn more about their payroll technology
What’s the Cost of Their Services?
Engage PEO's pricing is tailored to each client's unique needs. The cost depends on factors like the size of the workforce, the scope of services required, and industry-specific demands. Pricing structures can be a flat fee, percentage-based, or a combination, ensuring flexibility to accommodate various budgets.
Even though they don't precisely analyze their prices, you can still contact them for a quote on your required services.
The Impact on Industries: Advantages & Disadvantages
- Employee self-service: Engage PEO offers employee self-service portals where workers can access and manage their HR-related information, such as pay stubs, benefits enrollment, and tax documents. This feature simplifies administrative tasks, reduces the burden on HR departments, and empowers employees to handle their own needs more efficiently
- Enhanced employee benefits: Engage PEO's employee benefit packages are often more comprehensive and cost-effective than what individual businesses can offer. This can be a significant advantage in attracting and retaining top talent
- Expert HR guidance: Compliance with employment laws and regulations can be a minefield. Engage PEO's expertise ensures that businesses remain compliant, reducing the risk of legal complications and fines. One of their competitive advantages is that every human resource employee they have is a certified HR professional, which means they are all qualified to help with legal matters and regulations
- Serves businesses with multiple branches: Engage PEO is well-equipped to support businesses with multiple branches, locations, or franchises. They provide a centralized platform for HR management, streamlining processes across different sites. This is particularly valuable for businesses looking to maintain consistency in HR policies, benefits, and compliance
- Lack of mobile app: Engage PEO's services are primarily web-based, which means clients often access them through web browsers on their computers that might also be compatible with a mobile phone. While this approach offers flexibility, it may present challenges for businesses and employees who prefer or require mobile accessibility through a specialized app, especially in today's increasingly mobile-centric world
- Lack of transparency: This may manifest in limited access to detailed information on how Engage PEO operates, how services are priced, and what specific benefits providers or plans are available. This can be challenging for businesses that desire complete visibility into the processes and partnerships that affect their employees
- No demo: The absence of a demo or trial version is a considerable con since it may hinder businesses' ability to evaluate Engage PEO's services before committing. Demos provide a firsthand experience of the platform's capabilities, user interface, and the overall value it offers. Without a demo, businesses may face uncertainty about what to expect
What Customers Are Saying About Them
Even though they have been in the PEO industry for a long time, they have yet to receive any reviews on trusted platforms like the BBB and Trustpilot. Reviewers have given them a score of 4.5 out of 5 on G2. One customer review noted the usefulness of the provider's platform in reaching their information rather than going to HR. Despite this, they complained about how slow Engage's employees responded.
Understanding the PEO industry and choosing the right PEO provider for your company can be challenging, especially if few reviews are available for the one you're considering. We recommend conducting extensive research on the company you want to partner with and contacting their current or previous client businesses to get to know them better.
You can reach Engage's team by phone at 888-780-8807 or by submitting a form with your message on their website. Their customer service hours are between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM EST. Additionally, Engage offers a variety of blogs and resources on their website to provide you with helpful information regarding their services.
Engage PEO offers a comprehensive suite of HR and employment solutions catering to various industries and businesses. Their unique features and services, combined with a co-employment business model, set them apart as a valuable partner for organizations seeking to streamline their HR processes.
The impact of Engage PEO on industries is predominantly positive, with cost savings, enhanced employee benefits, compliance expertise, and time savings as critical advantages. While there are some concerns, such as a lack of transparency and a mobile app, the benefits often outweigh these disadvantages.
For many businesses, Engage PEO might be a wise investment that simplifies HR management, enhances employee satisfaction, and ensures compliance with labor laws. However, if you still need to figure them out, our PEO review and comparison pages can guide you through the different options and help you make a better decision for your business.
Save Big on PEO Co-Employment
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on PEO Co-Employment