Best Food Delivery Service: What Makes It Good?
You know what they say: "you are what you eat," in short, if you look for a healthy lifestyle, at the same time, it feels daunting to cook from scratch, we'll help you find the best food delivery service out there to enjoy a healthy, money-saving, and easy to prepare meal options. Here's how we decided on the best food delivery service out there.
[Click here to move to the best food delivery services.]
What to Look for in a Meal Kit Service?
When there are many options on the market, it gets hard to decide which one is the best for you. After comparing many meal kit services, we listed out the best food delivery service based on the following aspects:
- Affordability: Food delivery services save you much effort of taking a trip to the grocery store or cooking from scratch; they are also a great option for those who don't have any culinary skills to cook their favorite meal by just following a detailed recipe. However, an expensive meal kit service won't be a suitable option for long-term commitments. You might give it a try once or twice; then, you'll find yourself looking for a more affordable option.
- Dietary preferences availability: Many meal kit services offer multiple diets to people with different needs, such as those who want to lose weight, follow certain diets like Keto, vegan, Paleo, and vegetarian, or mix and match different recipes.
- Delivery options: While most delivery food services offer paid delivery options, you still can find some others that offer free delivery. Also, a good service will commit to high standards in terms of delivery, such as commitment to time and date, food freshness, and delivery to workplaces, gyms, and companies.
- Cancellation option: It's recommended to look for a delivery food service that allows canceling or putting off orders at any time and without any commitments.
Do Meal Kits Really Make Life Easier?
You might be thinking, why would you use a meal kit service while you can cook your food at home? Actually, for some people, it might not be a lifetime option, but meal kits are a great option to eat healthily, save time, cook easier, or just plan to have a couple of days off to spend some time with your friends and family. In detail, here's what a food delivery service offers:
- Save money: When we first mention meal kit services, people immediately think of spending a fortune. It's when people should be reminded of the money they spend when they go grocery shopping and how much money they spend on the take-outs. In short, making a simple calculation will show you how using a meal kit service can save you money.
- New meal ideas: When using a meal kit service, you can easily find new recipes that you don't usually have, and if you choose a good service, you'll probably have a new menu with different meal options every week or multiple cuisines from different countries like Sunbasket which offers multiple cuisines, such as the Mediterranean, Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Morrocan, and Thai.
- Less food waste: Most food delivery services offer a pre-portioned meal, which means you can get exactly what you need, no more, no less. In other words, you can avoid food waste when you make your mind to one of the best food delivery services out there.
- Don't know how to cook? Then, subscribing to a meal kit service is solves the problem since the best food delivery services always come with easy-to-follow recipes to help those who lack the culinary skills cook like chefs.
Based on the aspects we discussed earlier, here is our list to find the best food delivery service for you:
Compared to many other services on the market, Sunbasket offers all a customer might need or think of. From a decent weekly number of meals to various delivery options and customizable plans, it has it all.
If you follow a certain diet and want to filter out any food that doesn't fit in, Sunbasket offers a variety of diets to meet everyone's needs and tastes, including Paleo, Mediterranean, vegetarian, Gluten-Free, pescatarian, and Diabetes-Friendly diets.
The good news is all Sunbasket's meals consist of 100% organic food, a privilege that is hard to find in any other meal kit service, making Sunabsket the best food delivery service you could get. But, it's not all about offering healthy and tasty meals. Sunbasket is also committed to using minimal plastic in its packaging and substituting its material with either recyclable or reusable ones.
If you don't have enough time to prepare a meal, Sunbasket has the Heat and Eat option, which offers meals that can be ready in a few minutes. If you prefer to take your time and cook from scratch and according to your own taste, it's suggested to choose Sunbasket's second option. The 15-40 minutes meals.
The price for the 15-40 minutes meals is $13.99 per serving when ordering 2 dinners for 2 people, and you can save 3 dollars on your meal when ordering 2,3, or 4 meals for 4 people per week.
2. Home Chef
Home Chef's main goal is to reduce food waste by offering pre-portioned meals that fit everyone's tastes and needs. It also offers flexible plans and meal options. I mean, when you choose Home Chef, you can cancel or skip an order at any time, and there are no commitments.
You can choose from two main categories: Home Chef meal kits and Fresh and Easy meals. So whether you're short on time or want to cook like a chef, there's a solution for whatever you have in mind. The price starts at $6.99 per serving, plus $13.99 shipping fees.
Home Chef uses recyclable plastic for its packaging, besides using an insulating liner made of recyclable cotton and denim. The temperature and freshness are also maintained using two cooling packs that can be reused.
A limited offer is available here!
Freshly might not be the most comprehensive solution in terms of dietary preferences and cooking options. However, it offers a large number of recipes, all fresh, and has zero processed food or preservatives. Besides that, you can skip or cancel a purchase anytime without any commitments.
If you care about the environment, then you're in the right place, Freshly uses recyclable or reusable materials, such as denim insulations, recyclable plastics, and paper bags.
Freshly states four different plans for your weekly meals, with a minimum of four servings per week and up to 12 servings. All meals are customizable to fit your diet, preferences, and taste. Here's what you can get with Freshly:
|4-Meals Per Week||6-Meals Per Week||10-Meals Per Week||12-Meals Per Week|
|Price Per Meal||$11.49||$9.49||$8.99||$8.49|
Click here to get a special price!
We also find it hard to decide when we have many options, but we're here to help you find the best food delivery service for you. In short, a good food delivery service offers multiple delivery options, options for people with dietary preferences, bucket-friendly meals, and easy recipes to follow when cooking.
Organic Meal Kits: Best Vendors for Organic Food
Your Vegetarian Meal Kits Service Advisor
Gluten-Free Meal Kits: Cope with Celiac Disease