The Ultimate Guide to Concord Auto Protect
Updated: August 30, 2023
Do you worry about unexpected car repairs and the high costs associated with them? An extended car warranty could be the answer in the long term, but they can come with high price tags of their own. Perhaps Concord Auto Protect could be the perfect compromise between affordability and comforting coverage.
In this ultimate guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about Concord Auto Protect's extended car warranty plans, including an in-depth breakdown of their coverage, pricing, and suitability factors. We will also explore the accessibility of their services and assess customer satisfaction with Concord Auto Protect. Plus, we'll address frequently asked questions and provide our verdict on whether or not they're worth it. Say goodbye to worrying about costly car repairs and hello to peace of mind with Concord Auto Protect.
About Concord Auto Protect
Concord Auto Protect, located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, is a relatively new player in the extended auto warranty market that was established in 2013. However, they have appealed to customers by offering affordable policies that come with useful additional benefits.
While other warranty companies sell you contracts through third-party administrators, Concord Auto Protect is a direct vehicle service contract (VSC) provider, which streamlines your experience by eliminating the involvement of intermediaries. Promising a plan to suit every budget, along with nationwide coverage, hassle-free claims, and enticing features like roadside assistance, Concord Auto Protect aims to deliver on their commitments.
It's worth noting that Concord Auto Protect has not obtained accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), which has given them a D rating. Despite this, Concord customers seem to be mostly satisfied with their services. This mixed feedback raises the question: does the company truly live up to its promises? We discuss this ahead. Keep reading!
We aim for peace of mind on the road when we purchase auto warranty coverage, and we want unexpected repairs to be taken care of. Many car warranty companies also offer additional benefits aside from electrical and mechanical breakdown coverage. However, not all providers are the same, and when choosing between auto warranty companies, it's important to consider the perks, features, and potential drawbacks that they bring to the table. To that point, we have compiled a general list of the advantages and disadvantages of Concord Auto Protect below.
Benefits of using Concord Auto Protect
This provider boasts some enticing features aside from budget-conscious plans and useful coverage levels. You may choose their coverage for the following reasons:
- Direct contract administrators: Because they are their own administrators, they do everything in-house. You would deal directly with them for customer service, claims filing, reimbursements, and cancelations, and that potentially means faster, more personalized service
- Nationwide coverage: You are covered wherever you break down in the United States and get the same level of service through any ASE-certified repair shop
- Transferable contracts: If you sell your car, you may rest assured that your coverage transfers with it, which may increase its resale value
- Rental car reimbursement: If your car is in the shop, they will pay for a rental so you can keep on living your life
- Trip interruption reimbursement: If you are on a road trip or if your vehicle breaks down far away from home, they will reimburse you some of your expenses while you await repairs
Potential drawbacks of Concord Auto Protect
As with any such service provider, there are some disadvantages to purchasing a policy from Concord Auto Protect. Some of those include:
- Lack of transparency regarding eligibility: They are not clear about who can be covered by their plans, such as mileage limits, age of car, and for how long they can be covered
- Limited transferability: Plans can only be transferred once, and the second owner will not be allowed to cancel
- Stringent claims requirements: Their contract outlines a stricter procedure for claims filing than some other providers. You must initiate the claim, not the repair facility, and you must do so before taking it to the shop. Also, you are responsible for fees associated with car inspections, which they may require
Concord Auto Warranty Coverage
This auto warranty provider offers three protection plans with different levels of coverage that may accommodate different types of clients. In order from the lowest to the highest level, they are:
- Powertrain: As a powertrain plan, this is their most basic coverage option. With it, you are covered for expensive repairs to your engine (gas or diesel), transmission, drive axle, electrical system, cooling system, brakes, and some of their associated components
- Advanced: This intermediate plan covers the above parts and their components, along with steering system and all-wheel or 4-wheel drive components
- Premium: This is their most advanced plan, which covers all previously listed parts categories as well as those of differential assembly, suspension system, heating/air conditioning, fuel system, ABS brakes, high-tech electronics, and turbo- or super-chargers
Not all components associated with the previously listed parts may be covered. Concord Auto Protect provides a sample contract online that lists all included components, and you should read it carefully to ensure it meets your coverage criteria.
Aside from repair coverage, Concord Auto Warranty also provides you with additional services in case your car suddenly has a breakdown. These services generally involve roadside services and rental car reimbursement and are restricted to certain dollar limits, but no deductible applies. The specific benefits are:
- Towing services: You can claim up to $120 per event to tow your car to the nearest authorized repair shop after a breakdown
- Flat tire repair: You get one flat tire changed using your existing spare, with service paid for by Concord Auto Protect
- Trip interruption: If a breakdown happens 100 miles from your house, you're entitled to reimbursements of up to $50 per day for three days
- Dead battery service: They will reimburse you up to $40 for a battery jump start or boost
- Fuel assistance: They will reimburse up to $40 to have fuel delivered to you, although you must pay for the cost of fuel
- Lockout service: If you happen to lock your keys in the car and need help opening it, you can get reimbursed up to $25
- Rental car reimbursement: If your car is in the repair shop getting fixed for a part covered by Concord Auto-Protect, you are entitled to receive up to $75 per day in reimbursements, for a maximum of four days per incident
What is not covered?
None of the plans offered by Concord Auto Protect provide bumper-to-bumper, or exclusionary, coverage. If you thoroughly go over their contract, you will see that many parts of your vehicle's components aren't listed under coverage details. The VSC also explicitly excludes coverage for parts such as carburetors, shock absorbers, head gaskets, lighting assemblies, navigation systems, hybrid batteries, tires, fluids, and so on.
Aside from that, there are also other general limitations and exclusions to the service that you must be aware of. There is a general limit of liability, which stipulates that you cannot claim in total repairs and benefits more than the cash value of your vehicle. Among other things, coverage exclusions may involve:
- Routine maintenance
- Aftermarket parts
- Repairs outside of the US and Canada or that are not given prior approval
- Damage due to negligence
- Wear & tear damage
- Pre-existing issues
- Vehicles with flood, total loss, salvage, or "repaired" title status
- Damage from chemical or environmental acts of nature
All the above is spelled out fully in the contract. Make sure to read through that before committing to a purchase.
Concord Auto Protect Costs
If you want an exact estimate of how much a Concord policy plan will cost you, you have to call them or request a quote online. The total costs depend on the vehicle you drive; the make, model, mileage, age, and history all play a part. They also depend on the length of your contract term as well as the state you live in because policy regulations differ from state to state. Also keep in mind that if you choose a higher level of parts coverage or a lower deductible, you might pay a higher price.
That being said, prices at this company tend to be lower than at other providers and range between $1,400 and $3,100 in total contract costs. And while you may opt to pay off your contract in low monthly installments over a longer period, the company may initially quote you the full price or a fast three-month installment plan. To give you an idea of what to expect, we were quoted the following prices for the Premium plan covering a 2014 Honda Civic with moderate miles:
- Five years and 100,000 miles: $2,254
- Six years and 115,000 miles: $2,564
- Seven years and 130,000 miles: $2,837
If you're comparing between plan costs, we were able to gather that a 2018 Kia Rio on a four-year, 60,000-mile Powertrain policy will cost you $1,600 in up-front costs, or about $550 monthly for three months, whereas the same term period on a Premium policy costs $1,700 upfront, or about $600 monthly for three months.
Your deductible will be between $50 and $100 per repair.
Who Is It Suitable For?
Concord Auto Protect may appeal to many types of car owners in various circumstances. You might consider purchasing a plan from them if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Budget-conscious buyers: Your Concord service contract price can be significantly lower than with other auto warranty providers, even if you opt for their top-tier plan. You may choose to pay off the full plan price in one up-front payment for an added discount
- First-time car owners: If you just purchased your car, you may not want to worry about extra, unaccounted-for expenses creeping up. Getting a customized protection plan from Concord may be a better idea
- Frequent traveler: You can negotiate a high-mileage limit on your plan so you can feel free to travel all over the country, worry-free. And anywhere you break down in the US and Canada, your repairs will be covered at a licensed shop
Concord Auto Protect Reviews: What Are Others Saying?
When looking at the overall reputation this company has, you will see a mixed picture. As previously mentioned, they are not accredited by the BBB, which gives them a D rating on their website. They receive a moderate amount of complaints, though they always reply with the purpose of resolving them satisfactorily.
Customer reviews for Concord Auto Protect are generally positive. They have managed to amass an impressive 4 out of 5 review score on BBB, and while Trustpilot customer reviews score them at 2.8 out of 5, an overwhelming 83% of those are five-star reviews. The majority of reviewers praise Concord's quick and helpful customer service, the expense savings they helped them with, and the extent of parts coverage. Some customers were happy with the company's budget-friendly prices, and one customer even praised them after having to cancel their policies, saying that they still partially paid for a claim.
On the other hand, negative reviews for the company seem to mostly revolve around not being covered as desired or waiting too long for a reimbursement. Some former customers complained that they were not paid for the use of OEM parts in their repairs, while others were unhappy about not getting a full refund after canceling. The company sometimes replies to critical reviews when they have constructive feedback, like confirming they have sent the requested payment. They generally reply to all complaints, either to explain why a claim may have been denied or to confirm that a desired claim or refund has been processed. On more than one occasion, they approved a previously denied request, seemingly in order to move things along. Their replies are usually brief, direct, and to the point, but polite.
We would consider all customer feedback, good and bad, important because it helps paint a picture of potential problems that may arise with the company. Some customers were satisfied with Concord Auto Protect because of successful claims, and they differed from others because their malfunctioning components were included under coverage. That is to say, some negative reviewers may not have been fully aware of contract provisions. In fact, a lot of grievances have to do with customers not being fully aware of contract details, such as general exclusions, waiting periods, and prorated refunds after cancellations. Of course, some negative reviews do shed light on true shortcomings, but we give Concord credit for addressing those promptly.
Concord Auto Protect Customer Support
If you need assistance or have an inquiry for this provider, you can reach them at +1-888-399-2811 or by filling out an online form on their website. They do not mention business hours on their website, nor do they mention whether or not they receive calls 24/7. If you prefer to email them, you can reach them at [email protected].
They also have an online form for free quotes that you can fill out that allows them to call, text, or email you.
Concord Auto Protect does not have the most comprehensive policy plans on the market, and their coverage, benefits, and claims process are pretty standard. However, they offer plans at lower costs than most. Those policies, while not exclusionary, cover a good number of important parts, and their powertrain warranty plan does cover a bit more than a typical basic plan. And considering the costs, their car rental reimbursement limit is higher than a lot of extended warranty providers.
Even as a younger company, their features and services are worthy of note. They seem to care about customer satisfaction and compromise with customers, even when outside of contract limitations. Therefore, they are a valid choice for anyone choosing between car warranty providers. That being said, make sure to compare between warranty providers before making your final decision.
Read More on Our Blog
Save Big on Auto Warranty
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on Auto Warranty