The Ultimate Multiplier PEO Review: Unlock Their Potential
Published: October 29th, 2023
When managing the intricate complexities of human resources, especially in various industries, businesses often turn to Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) for assistance. A global PEO helps businesses that wish to employ an international workforce. One such notable player in the global PEO landscape is Multiplier.
In this comprehensive review, we'll delve into Multiplier's history, the industries and businesses they serve, their unique features and services, how they operate, the cost of their services, and the consequential impact on sectors, both in terms of advantages and disadvantages. Furthermore, we will explore customer reviews, to determine whether Multiplier PEO is worth considering for your business.
Multiplier is a SaaS management platform that provides international Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and Employer of Record (EOR) HR outsourcing solutions, eliminating the need for a third-party vendor in different countries. This provider was established in late 2020 in Singapore, enabling companies to expand into new markets through legal entities in 160 countries worldwide. This means they offer their global PEO services to companies in the US and worldwide.
They help companies efficiently manage their global workforce by offering employment contracts, insurance administration, and entity support features. The Multiplier platform supports multi-currency payments, generates locally compliant agreements, and handles tax law compliance. This way, businesses can take care of their global workforce's payroll, insurance, expenses, time-offs, and timesheets all from the same platform.
They help startups and enterprises by offering international workers visas, paychecks in local currencies, competitive benefits and insurance, and compliance with local laws and regulations. This reduces your worries when you try to employ full-time employees or freelancers.
On their website, they advertise themselves more as an EOR provider than a global PEO, yet they do mention their international PEO services or the kind of agreement they will have with you. We recommend contacting their help center to fully understand their services and which would work better for your business.
They don't have any PEO industry certifications like the Employer Service Assurance Corporation (ESAC) or the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) certification. They are also not National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO) members. They don’t have a profile page on the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Industries & Businesses
The Multiplier services cater to large companies with global workforces or smaller companies with expansion plans, providing valuable support in payroll management, compliance navigation, and international employee needs.
If your business is in the United States, you can employ top-talented workers in countries like India or the Middle East.
Since they don’t state which industries they work with on their website clearly, we recommend contacting them to ask about your specific business and whether they offer their services to you.
Highlighting the Features & Services
Multiplier distinguishes themselves in the crowded PEO market by offering a range of key features and services, which include the following:
- Full-service HR management: This provider offers comprehensive human resources management services, including employee onboarding, payroll processing, tax compliance, and benefits administration. This allows businesses to offload HR responsibilities and focus on their core operations
- Compliance expertise: One of the standout features of Multiplier is their deep understanding of labor laws and regulations of the countries they work in. They help businesses navigate the ever-changing HR compliance landscape, reducing the risk of legal issues
- Tailored solutions: Multiplier takes a personalized approach to each client. They work closely with businesses to understand their needs and create customized HR solutions, ensuring that no two clients receive identical services
- Risk management: This company offers robust services, including workers' compensation management and safety programs. This can help businesses reduce workplace accidents and associated costs
- Employee benefits: They provide access to a wide range of employee benefits, such as healthcare, retirement plans, and other perks that can help businesses attract and retain top talent. They ensure that the benefits your employees have are compliant with the local laws of the countries they work in
- Technology integration: They employ cutting-edge technology to streamline HR processes, making it easier for businesses to manage their workforce. This includes user-friendly software for both employees and employers. All your data will be safely stored on AWS cloud servers, protecting it from loss and other risks. You can also use their platform to pay your employees with one click in their local currencies
How they operate
This provider operates alongside their client businesses through a simple procedure.
Step 1: Hire the right candidate for the job
Before the journey with them, the first step is selecting the right candidate to join your team. Once you've found the perfect fit, it's time to prepare for onboarding.
Step 2: Onboard on Multiplier and generate a contract instantly
With your new employees in mind, you'll onboard them onto the Multiplier platform. This step is user-friendly, and you can create an employment contract instantly. This document will outline the terms of employment and the relationship between your business and the employee.
Step 3: The new overseas employee gets onboarded on Multiplier's payroll
Once the contract is in place, the employee becomes part of Multiplier's extensive co-employment network. This means this PEO provider takes on your employees' "employer of record" role.
Step 4: Multiplier processes monthly payroll in the employee's local currency and manages them
This shift of responsibility signifies that Multiplier will now handle payroll, benefits, and HR compliance for this employee while your business maintains operational control. This not only simplifies your administrative workload but also helps to reduce the risk of costly errors.
Their Pricing Structure
The cost of working with Multiplier involves a combination of service fees and payroll expenses. The specifics can vary depending on the client's business size, the industry, and the scope of services required. Here's a breakdown of typical cost elements we found through our research:
Service fees: This provider charges service fees typically calculated on a per-employee-per-month (PEPM) basis. The exact amount may vary, but it usually covers HR management, compliance support, and access to their technology platforms. For full-time employees, you might be charged around $400 per employee per month, and freelancers cost around $40 per employee per month.
Payroll cost: Payroll expenses depend on the number of employees, their salaries, and the complexity of the payroll processing required. This feature is a stand-alone product, starting at $20 per monthly employee.
Benefits cost: If a client business opts for employee benefits through Multiplier, additional costs, such as health insurance premiums and retirement plan contributions, will be associated. This feature starts at $20 per month for the basic coverage plan.
It's important to remember that the prices above vary with your location, business size, and the services you choose. Multiplier can provide a transparent breakdown of these costs when you contact them. We suggest you discuss their features and prices extensively before making your decision.
Unveiling the Advantages
They offer a range of advantages, including ease of use, compliance support, and global workforce management. Their international payroll services enable companies to expand rapidly and efficiently. Some of the other advantages include:
- Expert HR guidance: One of the most significant advantages of working with Multiplier is access to their deep HR expertise. They stay current with labor laws and regulations, ensuring client businesses remain compliant. This expertise is invaluable in avoiding legal troubles and penalties
- Customizable plans: Multiplier takes a tailored approach to each client, ensuring that the services provided align with the specific needs and culture of the business
- Employee self-service: This feature empowers employees to control their HR-related tasks and information. By providing access to a user-friendly self-service portal, Multiplier enables your employees to update personal information, access pay stubs, submit time-off requests, and access their benefits information. Empowering employees to handle these tasks themselves not only reduces the workload for your HR team but also increases overall employee satisfaction
- Extensive features: This provider offers extensive features that go beyond the basics of HR management. This breadth of services includes compliance assistance, risk management, technology integration, employee benefits, and global payroll processing
- Book a demo: They offer the option to book a demo, providing you with a firsthand look at their platform, services, and the potential benefits for your business. This feature allows you to evaluate their offerings and determine whether they align with your needs and expectations before you make the final decision
- Easy-to-use interface: The intuitive design of Multiplier's interface ensures that businesses can seamlessly integrate their HR management into their workflow, regardless of their technological proficiency. This simplicity not only makes their services accessible but also enhances the overall user experience, further solidifying the advantages of working with them
Addressing the Limitations
Some potential downsides to using Multiplier PEO include:
- Lack of clarity: They don’t give exact information about their prices, plans, or features for their global PEO services. This could lead to future disappointments, confusion, and mistrust from potential clients. It also makes decision-making a complex process
- No mobile app: Mobile apps have become a fundamental tool for employees and employers to access HR-related information and perform various tasks on the go. The lack of a mobile app could hinder the accessibility and efficiency of their services, especially for businesses and international employees who rely heavily on mobile devices
- Lack of industry certifications: Without industry certifications like those from the IRS and ESAC, businesses considering this provider may have concerns about their ability to meet industry best practices and provide a consistent level of service. This limitation can affect the confidence businesses have in Multiplier's capabilities, especially when compared to PEOs that have obtained industry-recognized certifications. Understanding the significance of these certifications is critical before making a final decision. If you’re interested in certified PEOs, our top 5 IRS and ESAC-certified PEOs might be worth considering
- Are not members of NAPEO: This limitation can raise questions about their level of engagement with the industry and their access to the latest industry insights and developments. Membership in industry associations like NAPEO can also provide clients with networking opportunities and a sense of community within the PEO space
- It may be expensive: While the cost of working with Multiplier can vary depending on the size and needs of the client business, their services might be expensive compared to other providers. The fees associated with their services, including service fees, payroll expenses, and benefits costs, can add up, and this expense may not be feasible for all businesses, particularly smaller ones with limited budgets
Can Your Business Benefit From Them?
While they offer a range of benefits and solutions, there are certain situations where they may not be the best fit. For example, companies with only local employees may find that their PEO services don't meet their needs. Additionally, the pricing structure may not be cost-effective for companies with small workforces.
Furthermore, if your company has complex payroll requirements or operates in a niche industry, the services provided by Multiplier may only partially support its unique needs. Lastly, companies with individual employment contracts may find that their features need to be worked on to be more adequate.
While no customer reviews are available about their global PEO services on platforms like Trustpilot, and BBB, we found some thoughts on their EOR services on some trusted platforms, such as G2.
Many customers have positively reviewed Multiplier’s global employment services on G2, giving them an impressive 4.5 out of 5 rating. One common sentiment among these reviews is the efficiency of their global employment solutions. Businesses that operate internationally or have a global workforce find Multiplier PEO's services invaluable in simplifying the complexities of managing a global workforce.
Some negative reviews include requests for specific features or functionalities not offered by Multiplier. These reviews highlight areas where customers believe their services could be enhanced to better meet their unique business needs, like having a mobile app or fast customer service.
Because these reviews might not indicate the quality of their global PEO services, we recommend connecting with some of their previous or current customers and asking about their experience with this provider.
To contact the company, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out a form on their website. If you have further questions, they offer resources like blogs to help you understand their services.
In conclusion, Multiplier offers comprehensive services in two HR outsourcing models, international PEO and EOR, catering to various industries and businesses. Their commitment to HR expertise, risk management, and customization sets them apart.
While there are some disadvantages to consider, such as lack of clarity, lack of certifications, and the cost of services, the advantages of HR efficiency, cost savings, and employee benefits often make them a worthwhile choice.
The value that Multiplier offers as an EOR is clear from customer reviews. Their user-friendly software, guidance, and responsive customer support have garnered high praise from businesses across various sectors. This feedback underscores the worthiness of considering Multiplier as a strategic partner for HR management.
Ultimately, the decision to work with Multiplier depends on your business's needs, budget, and priorities. If you’re still unsure about this provider, our PEO reviews and comparison pages might offer the information you need to decide on the best one for your business.
Save Big on PEO Co-Employment
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on PEO Co-Employment