Mercans PEO: Integrated Global HR Provider
Published: November 2, 2023
Mercans is a global human resource services and payroll outsourcing company that is based in London, England, and was founded in 2003. They deploy their services via a global work platform that connects employers and international talent. They can aid in global immigration, payroll, recruiting, and consulting to help companies achieve their global growth goals. Among their many offered services, they take on the role of an international PEO that manages their clients' administrative functions so that they can focus more on their business expansion goals.
In this review, we will explore the key features of Mercans’ PEO services and how they may simplify global operations for businesses of all sizes. We will also dive into the advantages and disadvantages of choosing them, examine what clients have said about Mercans, and look at potential challenges businesses may face when partnering with them. We hope that by the end of this review, you'll know whether Mercans is the right choice for your business.
Mercans PEO at a Glance
As an integrated HR solutions provider, Mercans strives to offer scalable, consistent results in 160 countries. Aside from their global PEO, which is their main product, they also provide Employer of Record (EOR), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and Global Employment Outsourcing (GEO) services. Through their integrated PEO, they become co-employers of your workforce wherever they may be located, even if your business does not have an entity in their country of employment. Their PEO services are meant to streamline your payroll processes and global recruitment, as well as reduce operational costs by incorporating all your administrative tasks in one flexible software solution.
They provide a range of services that encompass HR, payroll, benefits, tax and regulatory compliance, expert support, and more, to businesses of all sizes and industries across the world. They allow businesses to expand internationally without the cost or complexity of setting up foreign legal entities or dealing with state registrations. With Mercans PEO services, businesses can compliantly hire, pay, and manage talent everywhere.
Mercans has rapidly expanded its services globally, becoming a leader in global HR outsourcing. Prominent companies like Bombardier, Bayer, Electrolux, and Uber rely on Mercans for international PEO services. Mercans' cost savings and scalable results drive businesses towards expansion, while their payroll management services boost productivity and employee satisfaction.
They have been recognized for their payroll and EOR services by NelsonHall and Everest Group. They have also been shortlisted for many industry awards, including their PEO services. However, they don't possess any US industry credentials for PEOs. They are not certified by the IRS, nor are they accredited by the Employer Services Assurance Corporation (ESAC). They are also not members of the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO) and are not registered with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Industries & Business Sizes Served by Mercans
They don't state whether they target specific business sizes with their PEO. They seem to work with any company, be it a small to mid-sized business (SMB) or an enterprise-level company. As such, they also do not limit their prospective clients as being from certain industries. In fact, they boast that renowned companies like Johnson & Johnson, Tesla, Adidas, and Audi rely on Mercans' expertise in global employment outsourcing.
Exploring the Features of Mercans PEO
Mercans PEO services simplify global operations, offering cost savings and operational efficiency. Businesses gain access to global payroll management and HR processes through Mercans PEO. International companies may, therefore, benefit from Mercans' incorporation of local knowledge. That being said, these are the specific features they offer:
- Unified solution: Mercans' HR Blizz global payroll platform enables businesses to manage payrolls in 160 countries through a single, secure global platform. In this way, they enhance the security and quality of your data and effectively cause cost reductions in the full spectrum of HR services. The platform encompasses tools for payroll and taxes, benefits, time and attendance, recruitment, onboarding, expenses, leaves, and documentation, and it includes separate self-service portals for employees and managers
- Payroll: The Mercans global payroll platform promises significant cost savings and increased productivity over similar solutions, which they offer in three service delivery models depending on how much control you want to exert: Software as a Service (Saas), fully managed, and co-managed Human Resources Management System (HRMS). They offer comprehensive solutions that encompass compliant online payslips, reports, annual leaves, sick leaves, parental leave, employee terminations, 13th-month salaries, overtime, and severance pay
- Employment laws and regulations: They keep you compliant with the various local workplace regulations, which in the US may involve the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), minimum wage laws, overtime pay, discrimination laws, leave benefits, terminations, unemployment insurance, and so on
- Data security: The platform meets international compliance standards with regard to employee data, adhering to GDPR, ISO 9001, SOC 1, SOC 2, OWASP, and ASVS 3
- Tax and social security: To ensure financial compliance, they can handle all corporate tax requirements, be they federal, state, or local; and may even take care of employees' income taxes. They also may manage social security and medicare benefits and taxes, including those of retirement, disability, surviving spouses or other family members of a deceased individual, and supplemental security income (SSI)
- Immigration: If you hire talent from outside the US and want to bring them in, they can aid in obtaining a permanent employment-based immigrant visa or residency permit to live and work in the country
- Employee benefits: They strive to supply you with attractive employee benefits, such as various healthcare and life insurance packages, as well as 401(k), profit-sharing, and defined contribution plans, among others
- Advisory and consultancy: They offer specialized HR expert consultations and 24/7 support to make sure your every question is answered
Mercans PEO Costs
They do not advertise any costs or PEO packages online, nor do they share their specific pricing model for any of their services. You would have to request they contact you for a quote to discuss all those specifics.
Advantages of Using Mercans PEO
Partnering with Mercans can impart some perks that may result in overall cost savings and scalable results. Some of those advantages are:
- Global reach: Their services allow for your business to expand to other states or countries without having to change your workflow strategies, and have it all managed in one well-integrated platform
- HCM integrations: They fully integrate your existing human capital system (HCM), such as Oracle or Workday, into their software solution to allow for improved data integrity, compliance, payroll timeliness, and consolidated reporting capabilities that facilitate informed business decisions
- Robust data protection: Their software adheres to cutting-edge security protocols, ensuring your information is safe and that your business is compliant
- Responsive dedicated support: They offer expert guidance from HR industry professionals with local employment, payroll, and compliance knowledge, as well as general support that can be reached at any time and from anywhere
- They are direct service providers: They boast that they don't use any local service providers or aggregators, managing everything in-house to keep your money safe and on time
Potential Drawbacks to Mercans PEO
On the other hand, you may not choose Mercans for the following reasons:
- Lack of plan and price transparency: They do not list specific PEO plans or service packages online, and do not share their pricing criteria, requiring you to contact them to discuss all details
- Less focus on benefits: While they strive to offer necessary benefits to make sure your workplace is compliant, they may not provide all the "big company" local benefits that would attract top talent; and their offered insurance plans might only meet bare essential requirements
Client Feedback for Mercans
There isn't a lot of feedback about Mercans online from users and business clients. However, the relatively few reviews paint a very positive picture, with a review score of 4.8 out of 5 stars on G2, and 4 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Most reviews are very brief but complimentary, with very few criticisms. While this doesn't mean that there are no shortcomings from Mercans PEO, it certainly bodes well for any prospective company clients.
Reviewers generally found the HRM system easy to use, and liked that all their information was accessible with minimal effort. Some pointed out that the global payroll features saved them a lot of time, seamlessly integrating local employment and tax regulations, while others praised the reporting system. Only one reviewer thought that they could stand to improve their website interface.
Guidance and support
Reviewers praise the provider's highly knowledgeable local regulations experts and 24/7 support. Reviewers singled out their expertise in local compliance as well as hiring and onboarding practices. They found them very quick to respond and fairly efficient, patient, and thorough in their service.
Is it worth it?
While no reviewers mentioned how they felt about Mercans' prices, a few said they saved them a lot in global expansion and operations costs; and found that their services saved them a lot of time, too. Many users liked that their compliance needs are met entirely by Mercans, and say that the company's services fully support their international business expansion plans.
Perhaps due to the very small number of reviews written about them, there isn't much negative feedback about Mercans PEO. That being said, one reviewer found that local insurance benefits were unsatisfactory, while another thought that their visa application support was somewhat lacking.
Mercans PEO Customer Support
Mercans is a flexible global solution that offers integrated HR services to businesses of all sizes. With their extensive global footprint, robust software solution, and years of experience in the industry, Mercans has proven to be a reliable partner for companies looking to streamline their HR operations. Their PEO services provide vital features such as payroll outsourcing and human resources advisory, simplifying global operations, and ensuring compliance with local regulations.
With their global employment outsourcing services, SMBs and enterprise businesses may benefit from their cost savings and operational excellence. They receive high marks from their industry and clients alike and may suit your needs well if you're looking for an international co-employer whose services will scale to meet your needs, and whose support is proven to be prompt and thorough. However, if your needs are more modest, or if your primary focus is local benefits, compliance, and payroll, then there are many other reputable PEOs you may consider.
Start by checking out our other PEO reviews, and read our many helpful blog posts on the subject. If you are based in the US and have a smaller business, you may consider certain PEO companies first. But whatever you decide, we hope it meets your criteria well!
Save Big on PEO Co-Employment
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on PEO Co-Employment