5 Easy Steps to Delete Your Reddit Account
If you spend much time on the internet, you must have come across Reddit; it's a social media platform where you can share images, texts, and links with other users. The moderators monitor the platform, delete posts, subreddits or ban users when they violate its content policy and terms. However, if you want to delete your Reddit account for any reason, our blog can help you delete your Reddit account with simple and easy steps.
Joining Reddit's community allows you to participate in discussions, rate content, and share content with other users. The content availability gets affected by the upvotes and downvotes, the more people like your content and give it upvotes, the more viral and viewed it gets. Participating in a certain topic and viewing specific type of content is also an option on Reddit; you only need to type the topic that you want to contribute in its discussion and read about, enter the topic in the search bar and start sharing ideas with others who you have mutual interests with.
You might tumble across abbreviations that are specifically used by Redditors, like TIL, which stands for (today I learned), OP, which means (original poster), and AMA for (ask me anything). The platform's interface might make you feel perplexed, but there are many topics on the Reddit help section where you can find information on anything you don't really get.
The deletion of a Reddit account isn't complicated or requires much knowledge. However, there are some points that you need to know before embarking on your account deactivation, which we'll explain ahead.
Beware These Points Before Deleting Your Reddit!
You can deactivate any of your accounts on social media platforms, and Reddit is not an exception here, but don't let the word "deactivate" misleads you; the word makes you feel like you can reactivate your account any time, while actually, you can't do that with a Reddit account.
Facebook and Instagram give you an option, and you can get yourself back to the platform whenever you want to. On the other hand, once you choose to delete your Reddit account, there's no way back, which means you won't be able to delete content, posts, access, or change any of your account's settings.
If users decide to delete any of their participation on the platform, including posts, comments, or any other content with personal information, they need to do this before deleting their Reddit account. Part of the personal information disappears when the account is deleted, though. Including the user's name from all his participation on the platform, and the word "Unattributed" takes the place of the user's name in all his posts and comments.
How to delete posts and comments on Reddit? A few steps are needed, and all is done:
- Sign in to your Reddit account and click on the box that appears at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on "Account" from the dropdown menu.
- On the top of the page, you'll have the "Posts" option; select it to view all the posts that you have made.
- Choose the post that you want to delete, click on the more options icon, and choose delete.
- The same can be done if you want to delete comments.
Once you hit the delete button on Reddit, you won't be able to reactivate your account. So if you want to delete any of your posts, comments, or profile settings, we suggest doing it before deleting your Reddit account.
How to Delete Your Reddit Account in a Few Steps
After you check your posts and comments and make sure that there is nothing else you want to delete, you are now ready to go on and delete your Reddit account. Follow these steps to delete your Reddit account once and for all:
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the "User Setting" option from the dropdown menu.
- You'll find the "Deactivation" option at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your username and password to confirm your Reddit account deletion, and click on "Deactivate."
Suggestions to Access Social Media Accounts Safely
If you use many social media platforms on one device or multiple devices, you'll need to make sure that your access is secure and won't be used against you to track your IP address and information or hack your accounts.
Here are some tips and tricks to use your social media accounts without compromising your security and privacy:
- Make sure to use a password that is hard to guess and track, consisting of a combination of numbers and letters, and contains none of your personal information, like your first or last name, date of birth, or any other information that could lead to your identity.
- Use different passwords for different social media accounts. This is one of the most common mistakes done by many internet users since it is easier to remember one password for all accounts than recalling several passwords.
- Use a trusted password manager that'll make it easier to recall your login information and help you originate new passwords that are hard to guess.
Suggested Password Managers for Better Security
In case you have many social media accounts, you'll need a trusted and effective tool to help you recall your signing information, like your email address and password. The following password managers are the best on the market:
1Password supports multiple social media platforms, including Windows, Android, Linux, macOS, and iOS. It can also be used on an unlimited number of devices offering two-factor authentication, a simple and convenient user interface, admin controls to view and manage permissions, and many other features. It is available for $2.99 per month, and you'll have a 14-day trial to test it before making up your mind.
An easy-to-use option with a user-friendly interface and customer support, NordPass is a secure password manager with a 14-day trial, 30-day money-back guarantee, free version, and data breach scanner. It is available for $1.49 per month and can be used on 6 different devices simultaneously.
Dashlane also offers a free version and a generous free trial of 30 days. You can use it on 2 devices and multiple platforms, including macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. There is also an available version for web extensions on Safari, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. Dashlane is available for $2.49 per month.
Deleting your Reddit account won't take much effort or time. Still, you need to make sure that you have deleted any content you want before deactivating your account since Reddit doesn't allow a reactivation after you hit the delete button.
Always remember to keep it all secure and use a password manager if you can't recall or find a password that is hard to crack.
To summarize, these are the best Password Managers in 2021…
- Zero-knowledge policy
- Digital legacy/will
- Cross platform syncing
- Attractive interface
- Security by Cure53
- Offline accessibility
- 24/7 customer support
- Data breach scanner
- Free version
- 7-day free trial for NordPass premium
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- password generator and password health tools
- User-friendly interface
- Free version
- free 30-day Premium trial
- Inbox Scan
- 24/7 customer support
- Dark web scan
- Free version
- Secure and private
- Multi-device use
- Mobile application usability
- Easy to use
- Unlimited devices sync
- Two-Factor authentication
- Friendly 24/7 E-mail support
- Travel mode