Dashlane Full Review: Features and Added Values
Dashlane, founded in 2009 in New York, USA. A password manager and a digital wallet that offers a free plan and paid plans.
Dashlane makes it easier for you to jump from an account to another without the need to recall or fill in your logins; Dashlane does all that to you! You can even share your login data with your family or friends without revealing the actual password.
Using one password for all your accounts increases the possibility of a data breach. However, choosing a unique and hard-to-guess password for every site can be challenging to recall; a password manager can solve this issue. Dashlane is one of the advanced password managers that you can choose from, and in this article, we will summarize and mention all the different features and plans of Dashlane to make it easier for you to make a decision. Keep reading to know all the different characteristics of Dashlane!
Dashlane offers a variety of low-cost plans and packages.
|Essentials||$2.49 per month ($29.88 per year)|
|Premium||$3.99 per month ($47.88 per year) or save with yearly billing &39.96 per year|
|Family||$5.99 per month ($71.88 per year) or save with yearly billing of $59.88 per year|
|Business||$8 per month ($96 per year)|
|Team||$5 per month ($60 per year)|
The free tier allows you to save up to 50 passwords on only one device. You can use the password generator feature to help you set a complex and lengthy password; the password health feature will alert you about vulnerable passwords. Finally, Dashlane will alert you in case of any data breach on any of your saved accounts. If you are a heavy internet user, 50 passwords might be a small number; if so, you can upgrade your subscription to any of the other plans provided by Dashlane.
If you upgrade your subscription to the essentials plan, you will be able to save unlimited passwords on two devices, and of course, Dashlane will alert you if any of your passwords are weak or vulnerable. Along with protecting your passwords and receiving alerts in case of a data breach, Dashlane will allow you to secure notes and credit card details and auto-fills them when needed. In the essential plan, you can share your passwords with an unlimited number of trusted partners. In addition, you can change and update any weak or reused passwords without leaving the application with only one click. the starting price of this tier is $2.49 per month ($29.88 per year)
This plan is the most popular and used; it is worth buying as you can use almost every feature offered by Dashlane. Along with the basic features, you can save unlimited passwords on unlimited devices. The premium plan provides VPN wifi protection, covering up your IP address for more secure and private browsing. The dark web monitoring alerts you if any of your data associated with your email address is found on the dark web; this feature is available for up to 5 devices. If you subscribe to premium, you can have a 1 GB encrypted file storage to scan and attach any files, like passport scans; this feature is only available on mobile. Dashlane premium will also allow you to share passwords to an unlimited number of devices and secure notes and personal data. And lastly, Dashlane premium will enable you to update reused passwords without leaving Dashlane (Available on the website only). The starting price of this plan is $3.99 per month ($47.88 per year) and has a 30-day free trial.
Dashlane's family consists of six individual Premium accounts that are all maintained under one cheap plan and have all of the premium features. This plan starts at $5.99 per month ($71.88 per year) or $3.33 per month with yearly billing.
DashlaneTeam is a password management system that is both simple and safe. It allows team members to safely store login passwords, documents, and other private information, reducing the risk of data breaches and misuse.
Businesses use Dashlane For easy staff administration, smooth deployment, and a very secure platform that has never been hacked.
- Reporting dashboard: Dashlane business offers many features that a company can benefit from. It provides a dashboard that allows you to identify team password issues and encourages them to take action.
- U.S. patented security architecture: Dashlane uses a patented security technology and AES 256-bit encryption, making it highly secure and trusted for all your business passwords.
- Group sharing: Dashlane business allows its users to share passwords encrypted and completely safe.
- Smart Space Management: Business owners can manage and monitor password health in an employee business space without exposing their personal data.
- Directory interaction: allows the company to control employees' access to resources.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): For more and intense security.
- Free personal premium accounts.
Along with all Dashlane team features, Dashlane business provides the following added features:
- SAML-based SSO: (Single sign-on) allows you to log in to multiple software systems with a single ID and password; you can easily install SSO to sign in to your Dashlane vault using SSO credentials instead of a Master Password.
- Free family plan: Dashlane business comes with a free family plan for every team member.
|Password storage||Up to 50||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Automatic password changer||Available||Available||Available||Available||Available|
|Number of devices||One device||Two devices||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Share passwords||Up to 5 accounts||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Dark Web monitoring||Not available||Not available||Up to 5 emails||Up to 5 emails||Not available|
|VPN protection||Not available||Not available||Available||Available||Available|
Dashlane is one of the most secure password managers available, as it follows the following security technologies:
- 2FA: To add an extra layer of protection and privacy, Dashlane allows users to use various two-factor authentication applications, Including Authy and Google Authenticator. To enable two-factor authentication:
1. On Windows: go to Tools then Preferences
2. On macOS, select Dashlane then Preferences in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. Open the Security tab, click on the Two-Factor Authentication, click on the lock icon at the bottom of the window to unlock the Settings, then click on the switch to enable two-factor authentication.
- VPN: Dashlane does not offer VPN from its own network; instead, it provides VPN services through AnchorFree's network, which is not the best VPN available, it is still not a bad option. • 256-bit AES encryption: One of the strongest encryption standards as its key length is 256 bits, so it is nearly impossible to break or hack.
- Zero-knowledge model and AES-256: to keep your master password a secret; no Once can reveal it, including the technical team of Dashlane, your master password is always secure and safe.
Dashlane provides a mobile application for both iOS and Android, it works great, and it has the majority of the features available on the web. Still, we must mention that the application is much more advanced on Android than on iOS. The VPN feature is also working very well and easy to enable; just login into VPN and choose your country.
Dashlane is more than just a password manager; it can also work as an authenticator, which means that you can access any website that supports two-factor authentication without the need for any third party
This feature only works on the mobile application, which goes through your email inbox, searching for vulnerable information and passwords you might have accidentally sent through email, making it very easy for hackers to get your password credentials.
Password Boss is compatible with most platforms, allowing a smooth user experience. The list of Password Boss compatible devices includes:
- Windows 10
- Android (at least 7.0)
Regarding browser extensions, you can use Password Boss on all of the mainstream browsers, including:
Let's say you need to upgrade from Dashlane personal to Dashlane business; it would take you so much time and effort to import your current passwords. In such a situation, Dashlane made it easy for you to transfer your old account to your new one through a secure Dashlane archive file with only a few clicks!
If you face any issue when using Dashlane, you can get an answer to almost any question that you have in mind on the customer support page, type in any keyword, and they will show you everything related. If your issue is still not solved, you can still contact human customer support, send them an email, and they will get back to you.
An easy way to contact Dashlane customer support is via Twitter, they are highly active, and they respond to requests every day, allowing a better and smoother customer experience.
Although Dashlane is a bit expensive compared to other password managers in the field, we observed that some features were present on the web and missing in the desktop app, which is confusing. Other than that, it is a great password manager with great features and comprehensive plan categories that you can choose from according to your needs and wants. Lastly, if you're looking for a highly secure password manager with features that are most likely not available in every password manager, the Dashlane is an excellent choice for you.