Website Builder for Photographers 2021
Website builder for photographers: Skip to the steps of using one.
Whether you're a professional or a hobbyist, your photography is worthy of being displayed on a proper website for people to see and appreciate.
We understand that capturing the right moment can take a lot of time and effort. So it would be almost impossible to take the time to look for clients while also trying to better the quality of your photography.
Website builders can be the perfect solution for you as a photographer. A website builder for photographers takes care of all the technical stuff for you. It helps combine design, marketing, and business into one website.
Because everyone's needs, budgets, and tastes vary, there are many website builders out there for you to choose from.
If you're an artist who wants everyone to see the world from your point of view, this blog is totally for you! Here we will rank the top-notch website builders for photographers so you can decide without any hustle.
What Is a Website Builder?
To put it simply, a website builder is a tool that allows you to easily put together a website without needing to use manual code editing.
Website builders will help you promote your photography with little to no effort. They have effective marketing strategies like SEO tools.
Drag-and-drop software is common in website builders, allowing you to customize items on a page using layouts selected from a small number (often hundreds) of available web page templates.
There are two main types of website builders:
- Offline website builders: This type allows you to download software on your computer. You then create and design the website to your liking. Once you are done, all you need to do is upload your website to a web host. But this requires you to have some technical experience.
- Online website builders: Web-based services that are built on the provider's servers. You don't need to install any software- you build your website online and save your changes. The good thing about it is that it allows you to work on your website from any device and anywhere.
Recommended Website Builder for Photographers
1. Squarespace: A website builder for Photographers
Squarespace offers several tools to support your artistic needs. Squarespace offers a good number of templates designed for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. It is not just another website builder. We believe that it could be the best website builder for photographers.
Squarespace provides you with a library containing 100+ versatile templates for you to choose from. The templates are nicely sorted into categories, including portfolios, blogs & podcasts, photography, online stores, and events.
Squarespace gives you a lot of customization options when it comes to templates. For example, you can easily move elements around the template, add and delete sections, replace images, and change the image layout.
Squarespace's images need to be high in resolution to fit well into the template. But that isn't something to worry about because Squarespace partnered with Getty Images. This will make the process of finding pics and creating a good-looking template much easier.
Squarespace also provides SEO (search engine optimization) tools to improve your website’s ranking; these include:
- Accelerated mobile pages (AMP) support.
- Custom URLs.
- Meta titles and descriptions, and more.
You can link your website to over 20 social media applications. This will help your website grow faster.
Their subscription plans include unlimited bandwidth and storage, a free domain for the first year, and Google Workspace with all plans except for Personal.
Try Squarespace Today and Save 30%!
Sadly, they don't have a free plan, but Squarespace offers a 14-days free trial.
Squarespace four premium plans are:
- Personal: Unlimited bandwidth and storage, free custom domain, and SEO features ($12/ month).
- Business: Advanced analytics, fully integrated e-commerce, with a 3% fee ($18/ month).
- Basic Commerce: No fee for e-commerce and customer accounts ($26/ month).
- Advanced Commerce: Abandoned cart recovery, advanced shipping and discounts, and selling subscriptions ($40/ month).
You can choose to save up to 30% by paying annually.
You can contact the Squarespace team on their 24/7 e-mail support or live chat. There’s also a knowledge base and social media accounts you can contact them on.
2. Zyro: Simple but effective website builder for photographers
Create the website of your dreams with Zyro. Zyro is a perfect choice for a website builder for photographers because it offers a massive library of free images.
You don't need to have any technical skills to use Zyro because it is quite simple and straight to the point. Although Zyro is relatively new, it is a strong player in the market. Zyro has 100+ versatile and modern templates sorted into categories like Photography, Resume, Events, Blog, eCommerce, and Portfolio.
Unlike Squarespace, Zyro does not allow you to change your template once you've started editing it. But the templates are quite customizable. You can add, edit, and customize text, images, colors, and more elements.
Zyro can help you get the job done with its available tools, whether you're trying to display or sell your photos. Zyro's tools include:
- Zyro's free logo maker: This tool will help you create and edit your website's logo.
- Zyro's IA Heatmap tool: Which highlights the parts of your website that are more likely to get interactions from the audience.
- Zyro's AI writer tool: which will generate a professional-looking copy for you.
If you're tight on budget but still want a nice online gallery, Zyro is the website for you! They offer four main affordable plans that include features that increase the more you pay.
Zyro's competitive prices make it a valuable choice. All you need to do is choose the plan suitable for you and try it for free for 30 days.
If you need help, you can contact their customer service via email or live chat, or you can check their FAQ section. They're super helpful and friendly, and you'll get an answer pretty quickly.
Get 87% off on your Zyro plan today!
3. Site123: Three simple steps
If you’re looking for a simple website builder for photographers, you might want to consider Site123 to build your website in three simple steps. All you need to do is choose a design, add content, and go live. Yes, that’s right! Site123’s name is based on the three steps you need to use to create a website.
SITE123 is one of the faster website builders out there! So you never have to worry about lags or loading speed.
SITE123 offers a template library with more than 100 different designs. Although you can't edit freely on these templates, they are already well-designed and nice to look at.
With SITE123, you’ll get many good features, including but not limited to:
- A free domain for the first year.
- Google Analytics to see how many people access your site and for how long.
- An autosave feature to make sure you don’t lose your content and social media integration options.
If you’re having difficulty building your website, you’ll be happy to know their customer service is available in 16 languages on live chat and email. You can also refer to their knowledge base full of detailed articles and tutorials to guide you.
You can use SITE123 for free! But, if you want more storage and bandwidth, you can subscribe to their most popular plan: The Premium plan.
The premium plan offers you a free domain name for one year, 10GB of storage, 5GB bandwidth, E-commerce, and much more for $12.80/ month.
You can decide whether you want to pay for your plan every three months or up to every three years. No matter what your choice is, you have 14 days to decide to get a refund.
4. Weebly: Home for 50 million users
With over 50 million websites worldwide, Weebly is a recommended website builder for photographers or anyone looking to create an online store. Not only is it affordable, but it also includes many e-commerce features that can help you create the online store of your choice.
E-commerce tools include:
- The Shopping Cart.
- Quick Shop.
- In-Store Pickup.
- Inventory management.
Weebly provides a huge library of good-looking themes sorted into categories like Portfolio, Personal, Blog, Event, and more.
The best part is you can start by creating a free online store and sell your art online. This is due to Weebly’s free plan with no time limit and an SSL certificate to encrypt any data. So not only will you be making money for free, but you’re creating a safe website for your art fans and supporters.
You can use Weebly for free. However, if you’re willing to upgrade to their paid plans, you’ll benefit from more advanced e-commerce features. As well as unlimited storage and an ad-free website for a reasonable price.
If there’s anything you need help with, you can contact their customer service through different platforms depending on the plan you choose. For instance, if you’re using the free plan, you can refer to the customer forum, chat, or email. While more advanced plans can contact an agent via phone.
How to Create a Website for Photographers
1. Choose a good website builder for photographers (see our list of the best tested and reviewed website builders).
2. Create an account or log in to your choice of website builder.
3. Choose a name for your website.
4. Choose the right template for you, then customize it to your heart's liking!
5. Publish your website, and you're good to go!