Website Builder for Artists 2021: Express Yourself
Skip to the steps of using a website builder for artists.
Whether you're a professional or a beginner, you deserve to display and sell your art as an artist.
We know that your art can be time-consuming, and that might make you too busy to promote or create a nice online portfolio for it.
Website builders can be great for artists, especially since it takes care of all the technical stuff. A website builder for artists helps combine design, marketing, and business into one website.
But each artist is different and unique, and so are website builders. Some artists are looking to display their art, and others want to do a business out of their art. Many others want to do both- all goals behind using a website builder are valid and legit.
If you're an artist who is proud of your creation, this blog is totally for you!
To put it simply, a website builder is a tool that allows you to put together a website without needing to use manual code editing.
Website builders will help you promote your art without effort. In addition, they have a group of professionals who will use effective marketing strategies like SEO tools.
There are two main types of website builders:
- Offline website builders: this type allows you to download software on your computer. You then create and design the website to your liking. Once you are done, all you need to do is upload your website to a web host. But this requires you to have some technical experience.
- Online website builders: Web-based services that are built on the provider's servers. You don't need to install any software- you build your website online and save your changes. The good thing about it is that it allows you to work on your website from any device and anywhere.
Squarespace offers several tools to support artists' needs. Squarespace offers a good number of templates designed for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. It is not just another website builder. We believe that it could be the best website builder for artists.
Squarespace provides you with a library containing 100+ versatile templates for you to choose from. The templates are nicely sorted into categories, including portfolios, blogs & podcasts, photography, online stores, and events.
Squarespace gives you a lot of customization options when it comes to templates. For example, you can easily move elements around the template, add and delete sections, replace images, and change the image layout.
Squarespace's images need to be high in resolution to fit well into the template. But that isn't something to worry about because Squarespace partnered with Getty Images. This will make your creating process much easier.
Squarespace also provides search engine optimization (SEO) tools to improve your website’s ranking; these include:
- accelerated mobile pages (AMP) support.
- Custom URLs.
- Meta titles and descriptions, and more.
You can link your website to over 20 social media applications.
Their subscription plans include unlimited bandwidth and storage, a free domain for the first year, and Google Workspace with all plans except for Personal.
Sadly, they don't have a free plan, but Squarespace offers a 14-days free trial.
Squarespace four premium plans are:
- Personal: Unlimited bandwidth and storage, free custom domain, and SEO features ($12/ month).
- Business: Advanced analytics, fully integrated e-commerce, with a 3% fee ($18/ month).
- Basic Commerce: No fee for e-commerce and customer accounts ($26/ month).
- Advanced Commerce: Abandoned cart recovery, advanced shipping and discounts, and selling subscriptions ($40/ month).
You can choose to save up to 30% by paying annually.
You can contact the Squarespace team on their 24/7 e-mail support or live chat. There’s also a knowledge base and social media accounts you can contact them on.
Zyro is a perfect website builder for artists because it offers a massive library of free images. In addition, you don't need to have any technical skills to use Zyro because it is quite simple and to the point. Although Zyro is relatively new, it is a strong player in the market.
Create the website of your dreams with Zyro. Zyro has 100+ versatile and modern templates sorted into categories like Photography, Resume, Events, Blog, eCommerce, and Portfolio.
Unlike Squarespace, Zyro does not allow you to change your template once you've started editing it. But the templates are quite customizable. You can add, edit, and customize text, images, colors, and more elements.
Whether you're trying to display or sell your art, Zyro can help you get the job done with its available tools. Zyro's tools include:
- Zyro's free logo maker: This tool will help you create and edit your website's logo.
- Zyro's IA Heatmap tool: which highlights the parts of your website that are more likely to get interactions from the audience.
- Zyro's AI writer tool: which will generate a professional-looking copy for you.
If you're tight on budget but still want a nice artist portfolio, Zyro is the website for you! They offer four main affordable plans that include features that increase the more you pay.
Zyro's competitive prices make it a worthwhile choice. All you need to do is choose the plan suitable for you and try it for free for 30 days.
If you need help, you can contact their customer service via email or live chat or check their FAQ section. They're super helpful and friendly, and you'll get an answer pretty quickly.
If you’re looking for a simple website builder for artists, you might want to consider Site123 to build your website in three simple steps. All you need to do is choose a design, add content, go live. Yes, that’s right! Site123’s name is based on the three steps you need to use to create a website.
The website builder is one of the faster website builders out there! So you never have to worry about lags or loading speed.
SITE123 offers a template library with more than 100 different designs. Although you can't edit freely on these templates, they are already well-designed and nice to look at.
With SITE123, you’ll even get many good features, including but not limited to:
- A free domain for the first year.
- Google Analytics to see how many people access your site and for how long. It is worth mentioning that Google Analytics is reliable and is also helpful with SEO.
- An autosave feature to make sure you don’t lose your content and social media integration options.
If you’re having difficulty building your website, you’ll be happy to know their customer service is available in 16 languages on live chat and email. You can also refer to their knowledge base full of detailed articles and tutorials to guide you.
You can use SITE123 for free! But, if you want more storage and bandwidth, you can subscribe to their most popular plan: the Premium plan.
The premium plan offers you a free domain name for one year, 10GB of storage, 5GB bandwidth, E-commerce, and much more for $12.80/ month.
You can decide whether you want to pay for your plan every three months and up to three years. No matter what your choice is, you have 14-days to decide to get a refund.
With over 50 million websites worldwide, Weebly is a recommended website builder for artists or anyone looking to create an online store. Not only is it affordable, but it also includes many e-commerce features that can help you create the online store of your choice.
E-commerce tools include:
- The Shopping Cart.
- Quick Shop.
- In-Store Pickup.
- Inventory management.
Weebly provides a huge library of good-looking themes sorted into categories like Portfolio, Personal, Blog, Event, and more.
The best part is you can start by creating a free online store and sell your art online. This is due to Weebly’s free plan with no time limit and an SSL certificate to encrypt any data. So not only will you be making money for free, but you’re creating a safe website for your art fans and supporters.
However, if you’re willing to upgrade to their paid plans, you’ll benefit from more advanced e-commerce features. As well as unlimited storage and an ad-free website for a reasonable price.
If there’s anything you need help with, you can contact their customer service through different platforms depending on the plan you choose. For instance, if you’re using the free plan, you can refer to the customer forum, chat, or email. While more advanced plans can contact an agent via phone.
1. Choose a good website builder for artists (see our list of the best tested and reviewed website builders).
2. Create an account or log in to your choice of the website builder.
3. Choose a name for your website.
4. Choose the right template for you, then customize it to your heart's liking!
5. Publish your website, and you're good to go!