Everything You Need to Know About the Squarespace Free Trial
Wondering about all the possibilities you can unlock with your free Squarespace trial? Then, you're in the right place.
1. What Is Squarespace?
2. Squarespace Plans
3. What to Expect From the Free Squarespace Trial
4. Where to Start
5. Squarespace Alternatives with a Similar or Longer Free Trial Period
Squarespace is one of the best website builders that we always recommend to anyone who is a beginner at coding or those who even have no coding skills at all, as it is easy-to-use, with a user-friendly interface, and ready-made templates that do not require any coding or designing skills.
Squarespace offers a good number of templates designed for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. It is not just another website builder; we believe that it is one of the best website builders out there.
Squarespace provides you with a vast library containing 100+ versatile templates to choose from; the templates are nicely sorted into categories to fit your every need. With Squarespace, you can choose from ready-made templates, or you can also customize your theme from scratch.
Squarespace also provides great search engine optimization (SEO) tools that will help you improve your website’s ranking on search engine results pages. With Squarespace's social media integration, you can also link your website to over 20 social media platforms to increase your website's popularity and improve its rank.
Squarespace also offers support from experts through its knowledge base, social media accounts, 24/7 email support, and live chat.
Squarespace offers four plans; the four plans differ in features and prices, as follows:
|Personal||Business||Commerce (Basic)||Commerce (Advanced)|
|Emails||NA||One Gmail and Google Workspace free for the first year||One Gmail and Google Workspace free for the first year||One Gmail and Google Workspace free for the first year|
|Domains||Free for the first year||Free for the first year||Free for the first year||Free for the first year|
|Price Per Month||$16||$26||$30||$46|
Price Per Month
And of course, what you are here for is the free Squarespace trial; each plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee where you can try all the features for free.
We say that the free Squarespace trial period is 14 days. However, at the end of the free trial period, Squarespace asks you if you want to extend it by 7 more days. This basically means that the free trial is actually 21 days.
The free Squarespace trial is not limited to one plan only, which means that you can enjoy the features of any plan you want for free. The thing is, when you start your free trial, you don't pick a plan. Only when you go to launch your website or when your free trial ends, Squarespace will ask you which plan you want.
While in the free trial, you can pick any template you like and you can change it at any time later. There is also no cost or additional fees for changing your template.
Throughout the free trial, you can enjoy all the features with no limits. However, you might be told that some features are "premium." This means that when the free trial ends, you need to pick a premium plan to keep the features. Premium plans are all plans except the personal plan (Business, Commerce Basic, and Commerce Advanced).
When you create a website, during the free trial, you will get a link to your domain. You can share this link with others so they can visit it. However, your website will not be indexed by Google. This means that your website is still not linked to Squarespace and people cannot just randomly find it; they can only visit it if you send them the link.
If you don't finish creating your website during the free trial period, don't panic; all your progress will be saved. However, you will not be able to further edit your website unless you pick a plan and complete the payment. Once you do, you can continue editing the website and later go live.
This is everything you need to know about the free Squarespace trial.
To start with Squarespace and claim your free trial, follow these steps.
- Go to Squarespace.com > click on "Get started."
- You will be asked, "What's your site about?" Choose all that applies to your website and press "Next." You can skip this step.
- You will be asked, "What are your top goals?" choose all that applies press "Next." You can skip this step.
- You will be asked, "Where are you in your process?" Choose what applies and click "Next." You can skip this step.
- If you fill in the three previous questions, you will see a list of templates that are related to what your website is about. Choose a template from the list.
- You will be taken to the sign-up page. Enter your email and create a password, or you can sign up with Google, Facebook, or Apple.
- Once you create an account, sign in and go to your dashboard page.
- On the top-right side of the page, click on "Create Website."
- You will be taken to your website's main page. You can now start designing your website.
There are so many Squarespace competitors and alternatives with great features and competitive prices. All the website builders below either have free plans or a similar or longer free trial period than Squarespace.
Website builder with a similar free trial period
The following website builders have a similar free trial to Squarespace's basic free trial period (14 days).
- Site123 - it has a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Shopify - it has a 14-day free trial.
- Jimdo - it has a 14-day free trial.
Website builders with a longer free trial period
The following website builders have a longer free trial than Squarespace's basic free trial period (14 days).
- Webs - it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Zyro - it has a 30-day free trial.
- Weebly - it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Webflow - it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Constant Contact - it has a 60-day free trial for users living in the US and a 30-day free trial for users living anywhere else.
Website builders with a free plan
The following website builders offer completely free plans.