Best Ecommerce Website Builders 2021
Ecommerce website builders: Skip to the steps of creating one.
Let's admit it, you have shopped online at least once in the past month. And you're not alone! In 2021, more than 2.14 billion people worldwide are buying from online stores.
If you think about it, it is easier to shop online from the comfort of your home. Carrying tons of shopping bags around the mall and struggling to manage all of them at once is in the past.
Besides, who wants to walk for hours from store to store just to find a couple of pieces that they need when they can shop from several brands at once [pun intended] from their couch.
Save your walking sneakers for your morning jog because e-commerce is the future.
Why are we telling you all of this? Because we know that the online store idea that passed your mind once is completely valid.
Your business, large or small, desperately needs its own website in 2021.
Why? Because a study showed that people over the age of 15 spend more than 10 hours online shopping. This means that an online store will drive people to spend more time viewing and buying your products.
People will always reroute to where they're comfier. When you have each product sorted under a special category with its price and features listed under it, it will be easier for people to buy from you.
Besides, your business will look more professional with a website built for it. Your own website will give you the freedom to choose between endless designs.
In this time of social media domination, you need to stand out to grow your business better.
A real, dedicated website makes your business more trustworthy and convenient for customers. It will allow people to navigate through your products and services and place their orders online in one place.
Not to forget that you can add a review section to your website. This will help people express their opinions regarding your products/services and will help you better them.
In order to do all of that and more, you need to think of eCommerce website builders.
Simply put, e-commerce website builders are tools that allow you to easily put together a website without needing to use manual code editing.
Website builders will help you promote your business with little to no effort using SEO tools. Don't panic if you don't know what SEO tools are! Website builders have a group of experts who will handle that for you.
For example, drag-and-drop software is common in website builders, allowing you to customize items on a page using layouts selected from a big number of available web page templates.
To specify, there are two types of website builders:
- Offline website builders: This type allows you to install software on your computer. You create and design the website on your PC. Once you're done, all you need to do is upload your website to a web host. But this requires you to have some technical skills.
- Online website builders: Web-based services that are built on the provider's servers. You don't need to install any software instead you build your website online and save your changes. The good thing about it is that it allows you to work on your website from any device anywhere.
So you decided to create an online store? That's ideal because we brought you offers for the best eCommerce website builders. All you need to do is skim through our brief reviews down below and decide on the best website builder for you!
2. Square Online
Squarespace offers a good number of award-winning templates designed for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. However, it is not just another website builder. We believe that it could be the best out of all eCommerce website builders.
Squarespace provides SEO (search engine optimization) tools to improve your website’s ranking; these include:
- Accelerated mobile pages (AMP) support.
- Custom URLs.
- Meta titles and descriptions.
You can link your website to 20+ social media applications.
According to Wikipedia:
SEO is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines.
In simple terms, SEO will help attract more people to your website. This will most likely help increase your sales.
Squarespace equips you with a library of 100+ versatile themes for you to choose from. The templates are neatly sorted into portfolios, photography, online stores, and events.
Squarespace gives you a lot of templates customization options. You can easily shift elements around, add and delete sections, replace images, and change the layout.
To use images in your template on Squarespace, they must be high in resolution. But that shouldn't worry you because Squarespace partnered with Getty Images. So, this will make your creating process much easier.
Squarespace's plans include:
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- A free domain for the first year.
- Google Workspace with all plans (except for Personal).
Squarespace doesn't offer a free plan, but it has a 14-day free trial for you to decide.
Squarespace four premium plans are:
- Personal: Unlimited bandwidth and storage, free custom domain, and SEO features ($12/ month).
- Business: Advanced analytics, fully integrated e-commerce, with a 3% fee ($18/ month).
- Basic Commerce: No fee for e-commerce and customer accounts ($26/ month).
- Advanced Commerce: Abandoned cart recovery, advanced shipping and discounts, and selling subscriptions ($40/ month).
You can save up to 30% by paying annually.
You can contact the Squarespace team on their 24/7 e-mail support, live chat. There’s also a knowledge base and social media accounts you can contact them on.
Square Online is one of the best choices for sellers with different skills. It is one of our ideal ecommerce website builders. Both beginners and experts can easily use and navigate the website builder.
It's the best fit for people who want a regular web-builder as Square Online is more e-commerce oriented. It also offers great features for a low price.
Square Online has a unique business module that will grab your attention with no startup costs or monthly fees. Create and publish your online store with no time and no effort.
Square online best features:
- Ability to sell unlimited products.
- Customer order customization.
- Instagram integration
- Send order updates to customers, and much more.
This e-commerce web builder specialist provides you with your store for free, granted you have an existing domain. The free website can be used indefinitely with a transaction fee per purchase until the need arises for an upgrade, which can be bought any time upgrading the storage and features provided.
Square Online provides you with tools to build your website, but it also provides tools to promote your products from SEO to social media integration. Square Online won't fail you when it comes to e-commerce.
You can use Square Online for free. But if you want to have your custom domain name and to remove ads from your website, you can subscribe to one of their plans.
- Professional ($12/month): A free custom domain for one year, no ads (2.9% + 30¢ transaction fee).
- Performance ($26/month): Customer reviews can appear on your site, fulfill orders and get discounts on shipping fees, recover lost sales (2.9% + 30¢ transaction fee).
- Premium ($72/month): Lowest processing rate, high discounts on shipping rates, Real-Time Shipping Rate Calculator (2.9% + 30¢ transaction fee).
Are you a fast-growing business looking to create an online store that will boost you? BigCommerce is a web-building service that includes any feature you need.
Bigcommerce is one of the best eCommerce website builders because it is the most powerful and scalable website builder on the market.
Some of Bigcommerce's best features:
- Product ratings and reviews on your website.
- Supports multi-currencies.
- 0 transaction fees.
- Professional reporting tools.
- Unlimited staff accounts.
- A mobile app.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage.
There are advanced SEO tools for you to expand your ranking. You can also sell across multiple platforms like Amazon, Facebook, and more while controlling everything from one place.
Bigcommerce offers three plans for you to choose from (All plans have a 30-day free trial).
Their customer support is available via live chat, 24/7 phone support, or email. Enterprise plan users get priority support. They also have a help center full of tutorials and articles to help guide you if needed.
With over 50 million websites worldwide, Weebly is one of our highly recommended ecommerce website builders. Not only is it affordable, but it also includes many e-commerce features that can help you create the online store of your choice.
E-commerce tools include:
- the Shopping Cart.
- Quick Shop.
- In-Store Pickup.
- Inventory management.
Weebly provides a huge library of good-looking themes sorted into categories like: Portfolio, Personal, Blog, Event, and more.
The best part is you can start by creating a free online store. This is due to Weebly’s free plan with no time limit and an SSL certificate to encrypt any data. So not only will you be making money for free, but you’re creating a safe website for your customers.
However, if you’re willing to upgrade to their paid plans, you’ll benefit from more advanced e-commerce features. As well as unlimited storage and an ad-free website for a fair price.
If you need help, you can contact their customer service through many platforms depending on the plan you choose. For instance, if you’re using the free plan, you can refer to the customer forum, chat, or email. While more advanced plans can contact an agent via phone.
1. Choose one of the recommended ecommerce website builders (see our list of the best tested and reviewed website builders).
2. Create an account or log in to your website builder of choice.
3. Choose a name for your website.
4. Choose the right template for you, then customize it to your heart's liking!
5. Publish your online store and you're good to go!