How to Watch Doraemon: Season 1 (2005) on Netflix
"Your past cannot change your future, but your present can."
You must've heard or read this quote at least once in your life, probably without knowing that it is taken from Doraemon, thinking it a cliché of some sort.
Doraemon is an anime series based on the manga series created by Fujiko Fujio. The manga series was written from 1970 till 1996, and later, it was adapted into three anime series in 1973, 1979, and 2005. The 2005 version has been running for 15 seasons, with a total of 671 episodes, so far. In this article, we will show you how to watch Doraemon on Netflix from anywhere.
1. What Is Doraemon About?
2. Can I Watch Doraemon on Netflix?
3. How to Watch Doraemon on Netflix from Anywhere
4. How to Watch Doraemon on Netflix with Subtitles
5. Recommended VPNs
Doraemon is about Nobita Nobi, a boy who is neither good at studying nor playing sports; the only thing he's good at is sleeping. One day, Nobita's descendent, Sewashi, travels back from the future to meet Nobita, and he comes with a robot named Doraemon.
Sewashi, having seen the future, warns Nobita that he will grow up and have his business fail and drown in debt. He tells him that his debt would be so huge that even his descendants, including Sewashi, would have a hard life.
Sewashi tells Nobita that he can keep Doraemon with him to help him succeed and change the future. Throughout the story, Doraemon helps Nobita using all of the gadgets he brought from the future.
The story in the manga series never ended, but the series stopped publishing in 1996 after the author passed away. Other manga artists created their own endings for the manga. One of the endings was written by Yasue T. Tajima; in his version, Doraemon's battery runs out. Nobita grows up and becomes a robot engineer to revive Doraemon, and they live happily ever after. This was only one example, but there have been multiple other endings.
Yes, you can. However, Doraemon is only available in some select countries; this is why you can't find it on Netflix despite Google telling you that it is on there. If you Google "Doraemon Netflix," you will get a search result that says: Doraemon | Netflix. However, if you press on it, you will receive the NSES-404 Error Code, which is an error code that appears if the content you're trying to reach is not available in your region.
Netflix needs to buy the streaming license for any show before adding it to its library. Streaming licenses are bought for each region separately, based on the target audience. So if Netflix doesn't buy the streaming license for Doraemon in your region, you will end up receiving this error.
As for Doraemon, Netflix only has streaming rights in a few countries, including Japan.
PS: Due to copyrights and licensing agreements, Netflix may change the region of any movie or show at any time.
To watch Doraemon on Netflix, you need to use a virtual private network (VPN). Using a VPN, you will be able to watch Doraemon and countless other anime series like KonoSuba, Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, Yuri on Ice, Hunter x Hunter, Boku no Hero, and more.
With a VPN, you can mask and spoof your IP address to one in a place that has Doraemon on Netflix, like Japan.
1. Download a reliable VPN that'll unblock Netflix. We recommend one of the VPNs in the list below, as they have all been tested by us.
2. Download and install the VPN app on your device.
3. Run the app and sign in. You might receive a confirmation email; follow the instructions to verify your email address.
4. Launch the VPN app > select a server that has Doraemon, like Japan.
5. Log into your Netflix account, and enjoy watching Doraemon.
Can I Use a free VPN?
Unfortunately, you cannot use a free VPN to access Netflix; Netflix has a very strict ban on VPNs. And because free VPNs use common IP addresses, it makes it easier for Netflix to detect them and take them down. If you use a free VPN, you will receive the streaming error message.
So, we have prepared a list of reliable paid VPN services that can bypass the Netflix block on VPNs. With any of these VPNs, you will be able to watch Doraemon with no interruption.
Anime films and series on Netflix usually lack the English subtitles option, but it does not mean you cannot add them yourself. Let us tell you how to do it.
First, you will need to download the subtitles files from a website; we put a bunch below for you to choose from:
- DIVX Subtitles
- YIFY Subtitles
Choose one of these websites and look for Doraemon on it. For the sake of explaining, we will show you how to find the subtitles on Subscene.
- Click the yellow download button next to the language of your choice. Once it finishes downloading, locate it on your PC and rename its extension from srt to .dxfp.
- Go back to Netflix and start playing Doraemon > press CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + T for Windows or Control + Option + SHIFT + T for Mac.
- A pop-up window will appear > choose the subtitle file you just downloaded and renamed > press Open.
- You will now find the English subtitles option available for you on Netflix.
Here are some VPNs you can use to watch Doraemon from anywhere.
CyberGhost can give you a smooth streaming experience to watch Doraemon with no interruption.
- 1-month: $12.99/month
- 3-year: $2.25/month- billed $87.75 every three years. (Save 83%)
- 12-month: $3.99/month- billed $47.88 every year
The first plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee while the second and third plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
To put it simply, CyberGhost is perfect to watch Doraemon on Netflix.
Start Now And Save 83%
IPVanish is an excellent VPN. It is known for its ultra-speed and extra security, making sure you enjoy watching Doraemon without being caught by Netflix's detector.
IPVanish's plans and pricing:
- Monthly subscription: $3.49/month for the first month and $9.99/month for the renewal price.
- Yearly subscription: $2.62/month ($31.49/year) for the first year and $89.99/year for the renewal price.
IPVanish does not have a free trial, but it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other than Netflix, IPVanish grants access to Hulu, SkyTV, Fox Go, BBC iPlayer, DAZN, Spotify.
Private Internet Access VPN stands out for its exceptional security, which makes it perfect for bypassing the Netflix ban on VPNs.
PIA also unlocks content for Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and Disney+. However, it can only unblock content from the US, UK, Australia, but not Asia or South America. So, before choosing a VPN provider, you need to decide the server you want to switch to.
Their best plan is the two-year plan for $69.95 ($2.69/month). Even though there's no free trial, there's a 30-day money-back guarantee for you to decide.