Velocity Global PEO: International Reach & Know-How
Published October 29, 2023
Velocity Global is a human resources technology company that was established in 2014 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado. They provide an extensive suite of administrative services to companies in 185 countries, specializing in providing Employer of Record (EOR) features to businesses not legally established in their countries of employment. They also function as an international PEO that takes over many of the administrative tasks of running a company that has a global workforce.
In this review, we will look in-depth at Velocity Global's PEO services and explore how they can help your business grow globally. We will cover everything from understanding Velocity Global and their PEO services to the critical features of their services and the industries they cater to. We will also delve into the pros and cons of using their services and provide insights into the customer experience with Velocity Global. We hope to give you all the information you need to make an informed decision about whether Velocity Global's PEO service is the right choice for your business.
Understanding Velocity Global PEO Services
As a business owner, you know that hiring and managing employees is not an easy task. And when it comes to expanding your business globally, the task becomes even more daunting. Velocity Global, an international PEO that provides services within the US and abroad, can help simplify this process for you. While they do not promote their PEO services as much as they do those of their EOR, they provide a comprehensive suite of co-employment features that can save you a lot of administrative time and money.
They make a distinction between the international PEO services that they offer and the traditional local services of their competitors. Velocity Global offers PEO services to expand businesses globally, providing expertise and compliance support. They want to be there for every member of your team, no matter where they are in the world. In so doing, they provide their services in a well-integrated SaaS solution that serves an international company's HR, hiring, payroll, benefits, risk management, and compliance needs in a single source.
While they do not display any service awards online, they do seem to enjoy good industry standing on the international stage. However, they lack the industry credentials of US-based providers. They are not members of the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO), are not accredited by the Employer Services Assurance Corporation (ESAC), and are not certified by the IRS. They have a B- rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but are not accredited by them.
Velocity Global Industries & Business Sizes
They don't advertise to any specific industries or business sizes, implying that they are all-inclusive and can serve all types of companies. However, they do state on their website that a PEO would partner with small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), whereas an EOR may be employed by companies of any size.
Key Features of Velocity Global’s PEO Services
While Velocity Global is not as forthcoming online about the specific services they offer as a PEO, they do promote some general features of their global work platform. They basically act as your company's outsourced HR department, and fulfill the following task categories:
- HR services platform: Their all-in-one platform is meant to automate all areas of HR, no matter where your employees are in the world
- Payroll and taxes: They streamline the payroll process, with services that encompass everything from time tracking and payment scheduling to payslips, tax filing, deductions, flexible payment methods, expense tracking, and so on. As an international PEO, they also may deal with independent contractors compliantly so that they are not deemed permanent employees, making you more financially responsible for them
- Onboarding: This is Velocity Global's main area of specialization, with their extensive international employment knowledge and tool kit, which covers all necessary regulations for legal hiring, employment classifications, compensation, training, probation periods, offboarding, and so on. Thus they ensure full workplace compliance and avoid costly penalties
- Risk management: They offer the necessary programs and plans that mitigate and handle workplace risk, such as safety training and workers' compensation
- Regulatory compliance: They ensure that you're up to date on all local laws and regulations, including for hiring practices, payroll, social security, statutory benefits, paid time off, taxes, parental leave, sick leave, federal and mandatory holidays, employee terminations
- Benefits: They offer and fully administer comprehensive localized benefits, which in the US may include plans for medical, vision, dental, medicare, veteran and low-income programs, retirement pensions, disability, and life coverage, among others. Through Velocity, you can implement a transparent equity program to eliminate compliance risks as well as attract top talent
- Integrations: Key to their all-in-one solution is the ability to integrate many other HRIS, HCM, and ATS software such as Oracle and JazzHR
Velocity Global PEO Costs
They don't specify pricing for their products, including their PEO. Their costs depend on the number of employees and services selected, but you must submit a contact request to discuss their services and your unique costs.
The Perks of Velocity Global’s PEO Services
Partnering with Velocity Global comes with many advantages, which are all linked to their global reach and know-how. Those perks include:
- More efficient workflow: They simplify administrative tasks with their software solution, taking care of necessary HR and payroll tasks to free you up for your more urgent matters— especially if you're actively expanding
- Global expert support: Local expertise aims to eliminate compliance risks with their knowledge and adherence to complex regulations in multiple countries
- Full-featured onboarding: Their services are specially designed to attract the best talent to your globally expanding business, with efficient tools suited to every aspect of the hiring and onboarding process and regional experts made available
- Scalable international services: As your international business grows to reach its fullest potential their features can help cover your needs; whether with a global PEO for your registered company or with an EOR for your remote or in-office workers in a region where you lack an entity
Possible Drawbacks to Consider
Even though they present as a very compelling option, they might not be a fit for your company for the following reasons:
- High costs and unclear pricing: They do not advertise their prices, but they are generally known to charge more than other global PEOs
- Less focus on local HR matters: Their business model is more attuned to helping you hire and maintain compliant business activities across different countries, but they may be as robust as local PEOs concerning HR, benefits, and third-party integration matters
- Inconsistent support experiences: While they are usually quite knowledgeable in most matters of international employment and payroll, they may come short in some regions or for certain subjects, like invoicing
The Customer Experience With Velocity Global
Velocity Global does not receive as many client and user reviews online as some of the top PEO providers, and they only have one unanswered complaint on BBB. That said, they have two G2 review pages with excellent reviews, one with a 4.6 out of 5 star score and the other with 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Users generally had good experiences with the system, with an efficient self-serve platform. Though some did encounter issues and would like more intensive training on the platform, most found the SaaS product user-friendly, integrating well with existing tools and allowing easy access to the required information.
Support and guidance
Some reviewers found the PEO support experience to be quite prompt and dedicated, especially with regard to international hiring matters, with one client saying that even the sales representative helped solve administrative issues. Another client said that Velocity's account team brainstormed ways to improve their productivity when they first partnered with the provider, leading to a significantly more efficient workflow. In fact, reviewers generally found Velocity Global to give personalized, fully engaged service that made sure their client's needs were met.
On the other hand, a few long-term clients state that Velocity's support has worsened over time due to the high turnover rate of account managers, which those reviewers found less responsive and dedicated than those present at the beginning of their working relationship. Invoicing and account management support are singled out as weaker points for support.
Is it worth it?
Some reviewers found they have significantly higher costs at Velocity than competitors, especially for smaller businesses looking to hire more employees. However, a few users say higher prices may be warranted when the account management and support are of higher quality, considering the depth of service expertise and their employment capabilities— both as a global PEO and an EOR.
Clients who needed to hire in countries other than where they are based, including the United States, found their onboarding and compliance services were quite comprehensive. That said, a few users had issues with long wait times for reimbursements and unclear invoicing, needing to contact the company repeatedly for these matters.
The company occasionally responds to critical reviews, stating they use that feedback to improve.
There are various ways to get in touch with Velocity Global. You may contact them for general inquiries by calling 1-(303)-309-2894 or email them at Hello@VelocityGlobal.com. If you have more specific inquiries, you would log in to their platform and chat with your account manager, or email them.
Velocity Global offers comprehensive international PEO services that cater to various industries and company sizes, aiming to provide consistent service to a business's entire workforce despite regulatory and time zone differences. Their key features include streamlined HR processes, compliance management, and access to global talent. The benefits of using Velocity Global's PEO services include cost savings, risk mitigation, and global scalability.
However, it is essential to consider possible drawbacks such as limited local HR functions, potential cultural differences in global operations, or their prices being higher than those of other PEOs. While most find customer support at Velocity Global commendable, there are reports that some inquiries may overwhelm support representatives more than others and lead to long wait times for clients. That being said, you may still find that a partnership with Velocity Global's PEO service is the right choice for your business, and can help you cultivate and manage your company's dream team. You may have to evaluate your specific needs and goals carefully, then consult with them to discuss your requirements and explore how their services align with your company's objectives.
Whether you think Velocity Global can serve your administrative needs or not, we recommend you compare them against other PEOs before making a purchase decision. If you have a smaller company whose needs are more US-based and you want a more robust set of tools for local payroll, competitive benefits, compliance, and other HR concerns of your local team, then check out other top PEOs on our reviews page; or check out our list of top small company PEOs. We believe you will find an option that closely aligns with your requirements.
Save Big on PEO Co-Employment
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on PEO Co-Employment