McAfee True Key: Safety and Simplicity
Does forgetting your passwords keep causing you trouble? With True Key, forgetting passwords becomes your only job. Go ahead, forget your passwords and lay this heavy burden on True Key.
With True Key's browser extensions and the mobile app, you won't need to remember any of your passwords anymore, they will be synced on all of your devices.
True Key has a long list of features that will tempt you into using it, and rightfully so.
- Biometric Login: You can use your fingerprint/faceprint to sign it to the True Key app.
- Digital Wallet: Upon signing up, you will have a space for your sensitive information such as credit card info, IDs, and bank info secured and only available for your eyes.
- Cross-Device Sync: You can use your profile on all your devices to easily access the information you need whenever and wherever you need it.
- Password Generator: You can choose your preferences for a password (letters, numbers, special characters, and capital letters) and True Key will generate it for you. You can have up to 30 characters.
- Password Auto-Save: Whenever you log into any website, your password will be automatically saved and the app/extension will let you know. You can undo it if you don't want a certain website saved.
- You can import your old passwords from another True Key account or even from other password managers such as Dashlane or LastPass.
True Key has taken measures to ensure you have the safest place for your passwords with the following privacy features:
- True Key uses the AES-256 encryption, which is one of the strongest encryption algorithms, making sure no one can decrypt your information but you.
- MFA: Multi-factor authentication is a standard feature you get upon signing up. You always have to be verified by at least two factors, and the more factors you add, the safer your information is.
True Key is really easy to use. All you have to do is register, and you're pretty much all set.
How to set up your account?
- Download True Key on your desktop or install the app on your phone.
- Sign up for free: After you fill in your e-mail address, you will be asked to choose a master password and to confirm it. This is the only password you will have to remember.
- Confirm your e-mail address: You will receive a confirmation e-mail to verify it's you.
- You can now start with your first login.
True Key is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Safari.
What languages does it support?
McAfee True Key is available in 23 languages:
- Chinese (simplified and traditional)
There isn't much to say about True Key's plans as there are only two plans: Free and Premium.
Once you set up your account, you can start adding logins right away. You can have up to 15 passwords in your free plan, limited to one device.
If you need more than 15 passwords, with the premium plan, you can have unlimited passwords and only for $19.99/year on unlimited devices.
Unfortunately, True Key does not have a feature for sharing your password with a trusted person.
One of True Key's top priorities seems to be customer satisfaction.
- There is a FAQs section where you can see the most common questions.
- If you don't see your question, you can post it on True Key's community page to get help from other customers any time of the day.
- There is also a chat option for you to get help from an expert. Chat is available 24/7.
True Key's strength lies in the fact that if you're using it for personal purposes and you don't need more than 15 passwords, you can enjoy all features for free. And even if you decide that you need to have unlimited passwords, the premium plan is still affordable.
Security is a top priority for True Key, with its strong encryption and multi-factor authentication.
However, if you're an expert looking for a password manager for your business or team, you might find that True Key lacks some of the advanced features that you might find in other password managers.