Organic Meal Kits: Best Vendors for Organic Food
In recent years, people have become more aware of the impact of their eating habits and health practices on both psychological and physical health. As a result, we find more people are turning to healthier food options and raising their daily intake of vegetables, fruit, and water. However, an extra effort can be put into a healthier lifestyle, which is to go organic. In our articles, we'll discuss why organic food has become a great demand and what organic meal kits we can truly count on.
Before taking this any further, here is what you need to know about organic food.
Organic Food: A Marketing Gimmick or a Priority?
While there is a noticeable shifting towards healthier food options, food might contain more than you expect. In addition, what looks like a healthy option for you might cause you serious health problems if grown using synthetic fertilizers, bioengineered genes (GMOs), or pesticides.
But what does organic mean? The regulations might vary from country to country, but in an overall view, the word organic includes both: Crops and livestock; organic crops refer to the agricultural way they are grown. In other words, organic agricultural products are grown without bioengineered genes, fertilizers, or pesticides—organic livestock, especially those raised for human consumption or food products like eggs and dairy products, are raised without growth hormones and are fed organic products only.
It's all good so far, but why would organic food be a healthier option? Here are some major aspects in which organic food performs better than conventionally-grown products:
- Organic food contains fewer chemicals: Agricultural chemicals, usually used to grow crops conventionally to promote growth or prevent diseases, have a considerable impact on the biological and physical levels since they residue in our food and could cause serious health problems in the long term, such as cancer, disruption, and birth defects. In addition, let's not forget the effect when getting exposed to it by farmers or locals, which include but are not limited to respiratory tract irritation, skin or eye irritation, headache, vomiting, and cough.
- Organic food is sometimes fresher: Since farmers don't use preservation that makes crops last longer, they are usually sold on nearby farms, which means they are freshly harvested.
- Less harmful to the environment: Farmers follow different farming practices for organic crops, which increase soil fertility, avoid water waste, and reduce pollution. They are also much more considerate to the birds, animals, and people who live nearby.
- Less harmful to livestock: Livestock which is fed organic food is less exposed to different diseases like Mad Cow Disease or (BSE) and give products that are richer in nutrients, for example, a study conducted in 2016 shows that organic milk and meat is 50% richer in Omega-3 than the ordinary products.
You might be wondering if organic food is a healthier option, why would people go for conventionally-grown products? There are a few things to know about organic food: It's not available in all markets and costs more than conventional products. The cost might be the main corner for many people, though, particularly for big families with many people to feed, it's not the most saving option for most families, and that's simply because its farming practices cost farmers more than conventional ones.
Whether it's because of cost or unavailability; we're excited to tell you that there are organic meal kits that offer affordable, healthy, and fully organic meals. Let's take a closer look at them.
Whenever you need a healthy meal option that is also organic and affordable, you can head off to the following organic meal kits and choose the one with your preferred dish. And since there aren't any long commitments, you can cancel or change your order at any time. Here are our top picks:
Sunbasket is a great organic option for those who want 100% organic meal kits; it's one of a few options on the market that have it all: affordability, a wide selection of meals, flexible and customizable plans, and a safe delivery option for your food.
If you think that Sunbasket only cares about its customers' health, you need to think again, Sunbasket has eco-friendly packaging that consists of cooling ice packs that are 98% water, 2% non-GMO cotton that can be drained without harming the environment, and a liner made out of low-density polyethylene and denim.
Organic food doesn't mean few options; Sunbasket allows picking from 15 different meals per week, besides mixing and matching ingredients from other recipes. People with dietary preferences won't find it hard to choose a meal that matches their taste, including the following diets: Paleo, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Mediterranean, and Diabetes-Friendly.
If you don't have enough time to prepare a meal, Sunbasket has the Heat and Eat option, which offers meals that can be ready in a few minutes. If you prefer to take your time and cook from scratch and according to your own taste, it's suggested to choose Sunbasket's second option. The 15-40 minutes meals.
The price for the 15-40 minutes meals is $13.99 per serving when ordering 2 dinners for 2 people, and you can save 3 dollars on your meal when ordering 2,3, or 4 meals for 4 people per week.
2. Green Chef
Green Chef offers around 30 meals per week to choose from and many dietary preferences which fit everyone's taste and needs, including soy-free, wheat-free, and nut-free. Besides, the meals vary in their ingredients, such as pork, lamb, beef, steak, salad, salmon, shrimp, and pasta. Green Chef is one of the best organic meal kits on the market and is committed to offering healthy food and eco-friendly packaging.
Green Chef offers 3 different plans: Keto + Paleo, Balanced Living, and Plant-Powered. Price starts at $9.99 per serving when you choose the Plant-Powered option for 6 people and goes up to $12.99 per serving when choosing the Keto + Paleo plan.
3. Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a great option for those who seek meatless dishes and plant-based tasty and healthy recipes.
As a meal kit service that delivers vegetarian meals only, Purple Carrot is put in a challenge to make its menu tempting, interesting, and attractive even for meat-eaters out there. This is one of the reasons behind Purple Carrot's popularity; it successfully made that balance between healthy and tasty meals.
Weekly plans are categorized according to the number of servings to two options: 2 servings and 4 servings. If you choose the 2 servings plan, options of 3 or 4 meals per week are available. While choosing the 4 serving plan will allow you to choose between 2 or 3 meals per week.
Shifting to organic food can contribute to having a healthier lifestyle. However, it might be a costly option for many people, besides its lack of availability in all markets. Organic meal kit services allow taking steps towards better eating practices, and they deliver whatever you choose to your doorstep.
Best Healthy Meal Kits: A Healthy and Tasty Diet
Keto Meal Kits: Best Vendors for Your Keto Diet
To summarize, these are the best Meal Kits in 2021…
- 7-Day money-back guarantee
- 100% Organic ingredients
- Eco-friendly packaging
- A refund or credit in case of defective product
- More than 30 recipes per week
- Safe and eco-friendly packaging
- Skip or cancel at any time
- Gluten-free, soy-free, and peanut-free meals
- Pre-cooked meals that can be ready in 3 minutes
- Affordable prices compared to other meal kit services
- New recipes every week and many options to choose from
- Recyclable or reusable packaging materials
- Free trial for the first three meals
- Free shipping when ordering three or more meals
- Available options for vegetarians, pescatarians, and diabetes-friendly meals