One Step GPS Review: Features, Pros & Cons, and Alternatives!
One Step GPS is an inclusive fleet tracking software solution provider that offers its services to businesses of different sizes at affordable prices and with unmatched customer service. One Step GPS are so sure of their outstanding features that they offer customers a 100-day money-back guarantee in case someone is unsatisfied with their service or product. Continue reading our honest, comprehensive review to understand more about One Step GPS’ fleet management software, as we will be discussing its features, tools, functionalities, prices and will even present you with alternatives.
One Step GPS is an American company, based in San Fernando, California. It provides a GPS software system with real-time tracking. The company requires no contracts, no equipment or installation fees, and imposes no cancellation fees either. The GPS software is web-based and has an impressive updating time of 2 – 60 seconds for all fleets, including vehicles and assets. It is also compatible with desktops and mobile devices alike.
One Step GPS offers an easy-to-use plugin and hardwired trackers that you can use to easily and effectively monitor your fleet and the drivers. Having this software at hand will help you watch and manage inappropriate driving behaviors, reduce idling time, control fuel spending, manage and reduce insurance and vehicle repair costs, and more for a very affordable monthly subscription.
And only founded very recently in 2017, One Step GPS has already been able to establish itself and have visibility in the market. It has been awarded its well-earned recognition by being placed as number 199 business in 2021’s Inc. 5000 list.
With One Step GPS, you will no longer need to spend your days worrying about drivers or wondering where they are or are supposed to be. You don’t even need to call them to inquire about their whereabouts, as One Step GPS’s software system will provide you with everything you need to know regarding where each driver or vehicle is. You can use this as tangible evidence to send to customers wondering where their order is. You can use the software to track and watch each vehicle and driver every step of the way, see each turn they make, and how long each driver spends at each job site. You can even have reports of past travel histories in a holistic view and use the data to improve your fleet’s performance.
Below are some of the ways in which One Step GPS can help improve your fleet business:
- Prevent bad driving – As you can use the data and analytics to coach drivers, eliminate harsh braking, fast acceleration, quick cornering, and speeding, and promote better driving habits.
- Increase efficiency – The system will help you reduce management and administrative hours and improve productivity.
- Reduce unauthorized driving – In addition to that, you can ensure drivers don’t abuse the vehicles for their personal use or side jobs.
- Save money – A fleet tracking software will help you save money on insurance, fuel costs, and maintenance and repair expenses.
- Stay Alert – With the help of this software, you can always know exactly where your vehicles are, through every drive, stop, and route taken.
- Improve dispatching – You no longer need to call drivers to know where they are, as everything is available on your platform.
- Verify hours – Verifying working hours and reducing unneeded overtime are made easy with the One Step GPS software.
One Step GPS offers multiple products, each with its own features, coverage, and prices. All of One Step GPS’s products are designed to help fleet managers have full control of their fleet in different ways. The following are One Step GPS’s most important products:
One Step GPS offers a GPS software system that you can install on your smartphone device to track the location of your vehicles in real-time. One Step GPS’s fleet tracking costs $13.95 per month. So how does this software work?
- Install or plug in – Once you install your GPS tracker, it will start showing you information about the location of your vehicles, speed, position, engine status, and much more. You can use this feature on your desktop or smartphone device to see exactly where your vehicles are located in real-time.
- Precision and accuracy – One Step GPS’s GPS tracker offers you a high level of accuracy so that you can see your vehicles as close to real-time as possible. The GPS tracker has an accuracy level of close to 6 feet, which will allow you to spot the almost exact position of your vehicle and even find parking spots. Your software will refresh and update every 2-60 seconds while the vehicle is moving.
- Smart algorithm – The GPS software is a smart intuitive one; it will update its status whenever needed so you can see the updates that matter rather than being overwhelmed with unnecessary updates. If your vehicle is moving at a significantly slow speed, you will not need to track it every few seconds, as not much will have changed. However, when a vehicle is on a highway, for example, your GPS tracker will keep updating you, as it can tell the vehicle is moving fast.
Trucking and ELD
One Step GPS offers a very affordable addition of a DOT-compliant ELD system as part of the standard GPS tracking. One Step GPS will simplify all fleet operations, whether the local ones or the ones across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Your Standard GPS tracker will offer real-time GPS locations 24/7/365, turn-by-turn location updates, over 20+ custom alerts & reports, a monitor for fuel costs to help find discrepancies, multiple users, lifetime support, and no contract or cancellation fees. If you add ELD, you will get all of that in addition to an FMCSA certified GPS device and DOT-compliant ELD system, electronic logging of miles driven for IFTA reporting, electronic driver inspection reports, and multiple electronic data transfer options. While One Step GPS’s fleet tracking costs $13.95 per month, adding ELD will cost you a total of $20.95 per month, with fleet tracking included in the price.
One Step GPS offers a product that helps you track your trailers, heavy construction equipment, mining equipment, and much more. Your asset tracking device will help you resolve your billing disputes with documented equipment location and use. It will also give you peace of mind knowing exactly where your assets are. Watching your asset all the time means reducing fuel consumption, eliminating idling times, and keeping your equipment running longer with maintenance schedules and reminders. You can also keep track of your employees’ start and end times for payment purposes. And to protect your assets against theft and unauthorized use, you get after-hours alerts and entering and exiting zone alerts. And if any of your assets get lost or stolen, you can recover them quickly by using the software to pinpoint their exact location. One Step GPS’s asset tracking costs $13.95 per month.
One Step GPS offers four hardware devices for asset tracking:
- Rugged hardwired tracker
- Extended battery rugged tracker
- Solar-powered tracker
- 5-year battery-powered tracker
Solar Powered Tracker
Solar-powered GPS tracking is an option that more and more businesses are resorting to these days. Trackers are now becoming smaller and easier, thanks to battery technology and solar charging batteries. The latest solar-powered tracking device in cellular technology now consumes less power than you can ever imagine. This will allow your tracking device to run for longer than 10 years before your needing to replace it.
Instead of having to call drivers and workers on the field to know where your trailers are, you can search for your assets by name, type, or location to easily and quickly see your entire inventory and assets and instantly locate your equipment.
One Step GPS’s solar-powered tracker device costs $13.95 per month per vehicle and comes with the following features:
- Solar asset tracker
- Compact size
- Tracks unpowered assets
- Easy installation in 10 minutes
- IP67 waterproof
- Rugged solar panel
- Motion detection
- Low battery alarm
- Removal alert when wired
If you are a new customer, you can buy One Step GPS’s products online at any time. They are also available via chat, or on the phone at (888) 919-7536, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST. To request a quote or a demo you can email them at [email protected]
If you have placed an order with One Step GPS and want to track its status, know information about it, or make any changes by phone, you can call (888) 919-7536, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
If you are already a customer, you will be served by One Step GPS’s team of specialists with any question you may have regarding your GPS tracker, fleet tracking software, platform & apps, and anything related to One Step GPS’s services and products. You can reach their team via phone at (818) 659-2031, or via chat or email.
One Step GPS is a great fleet management software and hardware provider. It offers fleet managers a long list of products and features with unmatched functionalities and all at a very affordable price. One Step GPS offers a 100-day money-back guarantee, so you can try out its services and products and see for yourself if they suit your business; if not, you can simply cancel your subscription and get a full refund with no cancellation fees.
However, after reading our review, you may conclude that One Step GPS is not the right fleet management provider for your business for one reason or another. The good news is that there are hundreds of fleet management companies on the market, and we have compiled a list of the best ones for you. To ensure you find the one that fits you best, you should do more reading and comparison shopping. You can start off by reading our comprehensive articles that review other fleet management providers on the market. If you’re short on time, you can check our top picks for fleet management providers: