Safe Dating Tips: Beware The Following!
Dating applications have become a convenient way to search for a partner, a friend, or just a community with similar opinions and interests. Especially that societies have drastically changed; people are getting busier and less communicated on gound due to the lack of time. So here comes the dating applications part; they bring people together and make it easier to be part of social experience. However, safety isn't maintained when using dating apps, and that's for many reasons. First of all, the multiple cyber threats that a user might struggle with. Also, other users of the same application might conduct cybercriminal acts or other safety threats. With that said, and to avoid similar threats, we'll bring you the most common safe dating tips to enjoy a peace of mind dating experience.
Safe Dating Tips: Here Is What to Beware!
Whether you're looking for your significant other, a friend, or a community where you can share ideas and opinions, you'll need to test the water before getting along with someone that you meet for the first time, because simply, it might not be a good idea to give your trust right away. So here are some safe dating tips to avoid later regressions:
- Don't rush things: While any relationship will eventually lead to meet up in person with your potential partner, don't make a decision before you're totally comfortable about it and sure that you want to meet. And if you still have doubts, let things go smoothly and with no pressure.
- Do your research: We all know how exciting it is to find someone who might be the one for you, but let's not get super excited about it. I mean, quick research across the person's social media accounts before meeting in person doesn't define you as a stalker and should give you clues whether or not to go any further in your relationship.
- Meet in a public place: Whenever it's the first date, a public place is where you should go, and keep it public until you feel 100% comfortable about it. Another tip related to this one is to tell someone where you're going; this should let you feel a lot more comfortable and confident while you're meeting up with a person for the first time.
- Plan to have your own transportation: It sounds so caring and respectful when your potential partner offers to pick you up on your first couple of dates and to be honest, it's an appreciated trait in a person to do things showing how worthy you are, but no matter how inviting the idea really sounds, having your own transportation when going out on a date for the first time is a better idea to guarantee your safety.
- Avoid excessive information sharing: Online dating scammers are a serious concern since they have increased drastically in the past few years. And as a matter of fact, users of all demographics and ages are targeted by scam attempts. So don't share any personal information with anyone you don't really trust to avoid falling victim to any cybercrime. One of the red flags that warns you to cut communication off is when someone asks for any financial transactions or tries to know sensitive information, such as credit card information, bank account number, or physical address.
- Feel uncomfortable for any reason? Leave immediately!: You're not obligated to stay with someone that you don't feel comfortable with, or at some point, you sensed threatening verbal or physical acts. It's your right to do anything that serves your safety first and before all other considerations.
Top Rated Dating Apps for Safe Dating
With the large number of dating apps out there, it gets hard to find a trustworthy application to use. So here comes our part, we'll bring you the top-rated dating platforms which have been praised and widely used by people from different regions:
Within 20 years, eHarmony has successfully been the dating platform for 2 million relationships in 125 countries worldwide. It happens to be one of the people's favorite dating apps, thanks to its ability to predict the most fitting potential partners based on psychologically analyzed personality traits.
While many other dating apps bring people almost randomly together, using unreliable traits analyzing tools, signing up to eHarmony requires providing answers to 80 personality-tailored questions, which significantly impact pairing the right people.
Even though users have multiple contact methods, including messages and video calls, it puts limitations on free subscriptions, which is a good step towards better security since it prevents those who are not serious about it from fully reaching out to whoever they want to contact.
Premium plans by eHarmony include:
|Type||Premium Light||Premium Plus||Premium Extra|
|Duration||6-month plan||12-month plan||24-month plan|
For those looking for a serious relationship and who don't have time to waste trying many other dating applications, EliteSingles is the one you would like to go for. The sign-up process requires answering around 100 questions specifically designed to help you find the right person for you, a process that will take about 15-20 minutes to finish.
For some users, it might be a long process to go through. However, dating applications with strict policies and a long singing-up process are more likely to be better for your safety since those who are not really serious about finding a partner won't be very patient about such a long process.
Premium plans by EliteSingles include:
|Type||Premium Light||Premium Classic||Premium Comfort|
|Duration||3 months||6 months||12 months|
Being a single parent isn't easy; you would usually spend your time working, raising your children, and trying to find someone who really cares. SingleParentMeet takes the burden off your shoulders; it will definitely help you find the right person for you using questions that personalize your account and get a better understanding of your preferences and traits.
Consider that one of the safe dating tips is choosing a good dating app; SingleParentMeet is the one you can trust. It offers a limited free plan that lacks photo viewing, a video dating option, or knowing who viewed your profile. Still, it's good enough to try some of the features before going premium.
Premium plans by SingleParentMeet include:
|Type||1 Month||3 Months||6 Months|
Following the safe dating tips, we listed previously can save you a lot of trouble and guarantee that you can enjoy a good dating experience. Also, choosing a trusted dating platform is one of the crucial steps you need to consider to avoid falling victim to unserious users or scammers.