All You Need to Know About Complete Car Warranty
Updated: August 23rd, 2023
Complete Car Warranty provides auto warranty coverage for a diverse range of vehicles, including different makes, models, and mileage variations. With Complete Car Warranty, you have the flexibility to tailor your plan to meet your specific requirements, whether you prefer basic coverage or a more comprehensive one.
Are you wondering whether a Complete Car Warranty is worth it? This review covers all aspects of this auto warranty provider, from its services and customer reviews to its coverage and protection against high repair expenses.
Understanding Complete Car Warranty
Complete Car Warranty, an extended auto warranty provider, was established in 2019 and offers drivers nationwide access to comprehensive coverage plans that fit everyone's needs and circumstances. They work with three different administrators, so they have a wide variety of vehicle service contracts with additional benefits to cater to your needs and budget. Each plan is tailored to each customer's specific needs, offering you additional protection against expensive vehicle breakdowns and repairs. Plans vary from basic powertrain coverage to bumper-to-bumper coverage that protects nearly all components in your car—including parts not typically covered by other auto warranty companies.
Complete Car Warranty is currently not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. However, they have an A+ rating on their BBB profile.
The Pros & Cons
It's important to think about the benefits and drawbacks of purchasing a plan from Complete Car Warranty before making a final decision. One of their primary benefits is that they provide their customers with the freedom to choose any repair facility or dealership they want.
Here are a few more benefits:
- Nationwide coverage: They provide coverage across the USA and Canada
- Transferable coverage: Their contracts are transferable to the new car owner if you decide to sell your vehicle
- Trip interruption reimbursement: If your vehicle breaks down more than 100 miles from home, they reimburse you for meals and lodging
- Covers luxury electronic components: Their Matrix plan includes coverage for luxury electronic components such as radio, GPS, navigation, liquid crystal display (LCD) screens, DVD players, rearview backup camera and sensors, the voice activation system, and much more for an additional fee
- Covers some hybrid components: For hybrid vehicle owners, the company covers specific hybrid components, such as electric motors, power controllers, and electronic air conditioning compressors
- Covers commercial vehicles: At an additional cost, they provide coverage for commercially used vehicles used for farming, ranching, route work, job-site activities, service or repair work, and delivery of goods
- Diverse plans: With three main plans, each offering various levels of coverage, they provide a range of choices, allowing customers to select the plan that best suits their needs
- Adjustable deductibles: With the Matrix plan, you have the flexibility to tailor the deductible based on your budgetary needs
- Money-back guarantee: They provide their customers with the option of canceling their contracts within 60 days of the purchase date and receiving a refund of 100% of the gross contract price, minus claims paid
Disadvantages of the warranty
While Complete Car Warranty offers several advantages, it's important to consider the potential drawbacks before making a decision. The following are a few examples:
- Limited contract transfer: The restriction on transferring contracts more than once could potentially limit the flexibility of coverage when transferring ownership
- Not a direct provider of all their products: Not being a direct provider of all of their products can introduce complexities in understanding the source and specifics of the coverage
- Limited information: They provide limited information on the plans' prices and administrators, which might make it difficult to determine if the company is a good option for your vehicle
Analyzing the Coverage
There are three plan tiers available from the company: NAAC, Matrix, and Royal. The coverage they provide varies greatly because they offer their plans through three different administrators. The three plans include limited, powertrain, and comprehensive coverage plans that mirror the original manufacturer's warranty.
Some of the additional services they provide are towing, rental car reimbursement, and trip interruption in the event of a breakdown. Some of their plans may include these perks at no extra cost, while others may require payment, depending on the administrator. Deductibles can be customized, depending on the plan.
- NAAC plan: This plan comes in five levels: Platinum, Gold, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain, and Powertrain Enhanced. The five levels cover items such as the engine, cooling system, transfer cases, fuel system, and more. All levels except Powertrain Plus cover the electrical systems and air conditioners. The Platinum and Gold levels also cover steering, suspension, seals, and gaskets
- Matrix plan: Matrix has five different options to choose from: Exclusionary, The Answer, Name Stated, Powertrain Enhanced, and Powertrain Plus. All five options of protection cover the engine, transmissions, drive axles, seals and gaskets, and hybrid components. Exclusionary, The Answer and Name Stated also cover the steering, suspension, and fuel systems. Only the exclusionary policy includes coverage for normal wear and tear. Both the Exclusionary and The Answer policies provide protection for brakes. Every plan except the Name Stated includes coverage for air conditioning and electrical components
- Royal plan: The Royal plan has four different options: Ultimate, Premium, Preferred, and Primary. All of them cover components, including engines, superchargers, cooling systems, fuel systems, drive axles, and transfer cases. Only the Ultimate and Premium cover steering, suspension, seals, and gaskets. All policies, excluding Preferred, provide protection for electrical and HVAC systems and parts
All of the plans have their own specific exclusions, including pre-existing conditions, aftermarket parts, and damage caused by abuse. It's best to read all of the terms and conditions carefully in the sample contracts on their website so that you understand exactly what is covered and what is not under the specific plan you are considering. We also recommend asking all the appropriate questions before purchasing.
Pricing depends on the plan you choose and your vehicle's make, model, year, and mileage, among other factors. Although their website doesn't provide detailed information about prices, through our research, we have found that this extended warranty costs $2000 on a Chevy for a four-year term. Reviews show that the down payment might be between $75 and $180. Note that the deductible you choose and monthly installments can also influence the cost.
Why Choose Complete Car Warranty?
Based on the features and plans described above, this company may be a good option for customers in the following situations:
- Hybrid car owners: They provide coverage for hybrid cars and electric vehicles, making them an ideal option for anyone who owns these types of vehicles
- Frequent traveler: Their coverage includes towing, roadside assistance, and nationwide coverage, which can be very useful for those who travel often and far from home
- On a budget: They have a wide variety of plans with different costs and deductible options, making them a good choice for those on a tight budget
- Commercial vehicle users: They offer customized coverage for commercially used vehicles, allowing you to get the protection you need at an affordable price
Complete Car Warranty Reviews
Before making a decision on Complete Car Warranty, it's important to consider customer reviews. Even though they have an A+ rating on the BBB website, they have very little customer feedback and no accreditation.
We found several positive reviews that mention the extensive coverage choices, great customer support, and payment flexibility. Furthermore, customers praised the vast range of plans available as well as the low prices.
On the other hand, they have received six complaints in the last three years on their BBB page. Some consumers have expressed dissatisfaction with the claims process due to extended wait periods and a lack of communication throughout the process. Other customers also complained about the terrible customer service. Further issues included receiving repeated calls from the sales department asking the customers to purchase an auto warranty from them despite never giving the company their number. Several individuals have reported instances where their claims for a covered component were denied.
To make the best decision for you, we recommend reading customers' reviews carefully on the BBB website. If you’re looking for more information on alternatives in the extended auto warranty industry, read our auto warranty reviews and our extended car warranty blog posts.
If you need to contact the company, you can call Customer Service at (800) 915-9350, which is available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 7 PM EST. You can call their Sales Department at (513) 734-5903, which is available 24/7. You can also fill out a form, and a salesperson will get in touch with you.
Each of their plans has different phone numbers to call for roadside assistance and filing a claim:
- NAAC: You can call (844) 286-4577 for roadside assistance and (888) 907-0870 when you need to file a claim
- Matrix: For Roadside assistance, call (800) 257-2205, and to file a claim, call them at (833) 228-1900
- Royal: If you need roadside assistance, call (855) 513-5184, and to speak to a claims rep, call (800) 871-0467
To file an auto warranty claim, get in touch with the claims office of your plan's administrator. If a claim is valid, your contract administrator will send payment to the repair facility you took your vehicle to. Because the claims process might be different for each administrator, we recommend asking about it at the time of purchase.
Complete Car Warranty provides extensive coverage for major vehicle components, including both mechanical and electrical issues. This gives you peace of mind and protection against unexpected repair expenses. Depending on the plan you choose, Complete Car Warranty offers different levels of coverage, so there is something for almost everyone.
Whether or not Complete Car Warranty is worth it depends on your individual circumstances and preferences. They provide benefits such as roadside assistance and rental car coverage. However, their contracts cannot be transferred more than once. It's important to consider the pros and cons, analyze the coverage offered, and be aware of any caveats before making a decision. Reading customer reviews can also provide valuable insights. Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the costs and benefits and determine if this company aligns with your needs.
Save Big on Auto Warranty
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on Auto Warranty