Steganos Password Manager Full Review: Secure and Convenient
Researchers recommend that you use 70-80 passwords, which is a large number, and it is doubtful you would remember all these passwords without a computer memory. Nowadays, and with all the password managers out there, it is unnecessary to remember all your passwords. One of the password managers you should consider is Steganos. We will be going through its different plans and features in this review.
Steganos Password Manager may not be as sleek as other password managers, but it definitely provides the primary and most needed features, adding that it is generally private and secure. It helps you store all your passwords and secure them in a secure vault to recall them when needed.
Steganos Password Manager offers a variety of helpful features, and in the most recent update, version 22, enhanced mobile applications are a nice addition. The following are the different features that Steganos offers:
- Highly secure encryption: Steganos allows you to store and encrypt important data in a secure virtual vault. A wallet can be created on a PC, network-attached storage, a cloud storage service, or a USB drive or optical disc.
- Stores login information, credit card information, sensitive information and creates strong passwords.
- Portable USB: An encrypted password list and a portable USB version of the software for any PC were added in the portable version.
- Secure notes: You may safely save passwords with your secure notes storage or in a bank safe deposit box using the print option.
- Cloud syncing: Steganos supports Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive, It's easy to set up the connection, and Steganos encrypts your data before transferring it to the cloud.
- BrowserSteganos provides Chrome, Edge, and Firefox extensions. However, regardless of whatever extension you're trying to install, Steganos loads the extension's installation page in your default browser when you click the Install button in the desktop program.
- Password generator: You can use the built-in password generator to create a strong new password when modifying one of your stored password entries. When you create a new online account with Steganos, you will have to upload your password to Steganos. Unlike the majority of other password managers, the password generator isn't instantly offered.
Steganos keeps updating its plan occasionally and allows its current users to upgrade with discounted prices. The latest version at the time of writing is Steganos 22, and it offers the following added features:
- Free Steganos apps for iOS & Android
- Improved design for the entry details.
- Automatically suggesting frequently used usernames.
- Option to sort by password strength.
- Account Assistant helps create a new entry when registering for a new service.
- New password quality indicator.
- New Chrome, Firefox & Edge plugins.
- New "Modern Medium" design.
- AutoFill in all browsers and your favorite apps with the new iOS & Android password manager apps.
- Simplified categorization of entries.
- Improved search & new grouping options.
Steganos offers a one-time price plan for one year, which includes five PC licenses. The price of this plan is $12.49. However, in recent years, Steganos launched Steganos Password Manager 22, a mobile password manager that focuses on handling passwords and sensitive material. It speeds up document synchronization via OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox cloud storage, and passwords may be classified in the mobile app.
If you've never used Steganosand and want to subscribe to the new version, the price will be $24.99. Current users who upgrade pay only $9.99. To upgrade to the new version, input the serial number for Steganos Password Manager and click "Upgrade Now."
|Price for old users (per year)||Price for new users (per year)|
The cost of Steganos Password Manager is difficult to compare to that of competitors because the charge is yearly and provides access to additional features as they become available.
Steganos Password Manager supports two-factor authentication. You can use Microsoft Authenticator or any other authentication app that supports the one-time password technology. Scan the QR code provided by Steganos with your authenticator app and enter the six-digit code generated by the app to link the password manager to your mobile app.
Steganos allows you to store and encrypt important data in a secure virtual vault. A wallet can be created on a PC, network-attached storage, a cloud storage service, or a USB drive or optical disc. It may take some time to build your vault, but you only have to do it once. Once you've done that and logged in, you may use it just like any other disk, adding and deleting files whenever you want.
On iOS, the mobile app supports Touch ID and Face ID authentication.
Steganos solved the authentication problem, but it doesn't mean it's more secure. Your vault is kept locally on your computer. Even if the file is encrypted, there is a slight chance of exposure if your system is infected with malware, just as dangerous as a data breach with alternative password managers. However, you can solve this by installing a good antivirus to support the security of Steganos.
Steganos Password Manager is easy to use. You must manually enter your passwords and then link to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or MagentaCLOUD when you've finished filling out your vault for multi-device sync.
You can link your account on as many devices as you need. Although Steganos is not available on macOS systems, you can still use it on iOS and Android. Unfortunately, it lacks a web interface for password management, drastically limiting its platform's accessibility.
Compatibility and browser extensions
The list of the compatible devices is not long, as Steganos supports the following operating systems:
- iOS, Android, Windows 8, and Windows10.
Regarding browser extensions, you can use Steganos on many mainstream browsers, including:
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
Customer support channels
Steganos Password Manager offers a variety of channels to reach out to their support team. First, you can scroll down their frequently asked questions, searching for answers to payment and related inquiries. You can also download anything related to your order, such as the license key and the activation code.
If none of the mentioned methods were helpful to you, you could reach out to the technical support provided by outsourcing companies. And of course, if you are unsatisfied with the service and wish to ask for a refund, you can fill a form on their website. And finally, you can send them an email to contact their customer support team.
Supported language by region
Steganos is supported in the following languages:
You can pay your subscription via credit card, bank transfer, debit, check, invoice, and Paypal.
We usually need to try the service before we pay. Given that the subscription here is yearly, Steganos offers a 30-day free trial that does not require you to provide payment information.
To conclude, Steganos is a good choice for regular users who would like to pay once a year. It is fairly priced, and advanced features are added every time a new version is launched. However, other basic features like password sharing, an actionable password strength report, and password inheritance are still missing. Steganos is currently unable to fill out web forms with personal and payment information.
The password manager's 30-day free trial period allows you to experience their services and all features without restrictions. You will find that it is an easy-to-use password manager. However, you must manually enter your passwords and then link to Dropbox or any other supported personal cloud.
Steganos offers many channels to assist you when you need help; you can contact them via Email, check their FAQs, download order information, ask for a refund, and reach out to their technical support team.