GPS Insight Fleet Tracking Software: Features, Pros & Cons, and More
With its super intuitive, user-friendly interface, inclusive plans, and affordable prices, GPS Insight is surely a great choice for fleet management and fleet tracking. While it can be used by companies of different sizes, GPS Insight is especially useful for smaller companies and startups. In this article, we will review GPS Insight in detail to help you understand more about its services, features, plans, prices, and more.
GPS Insight is a highly customizable GPS tracking software designed for commercial and government businesses that deal with fleets in large or small numbers. The software is a cloud-based, customizable, intuitive solution that can help fleet owners know where their fleet is at all times.
GPS Insight helps users and fleet managers engage their fleet with its innovative solutions, actionable insights, and many other features and functionalities. When businesses want to get rid of high fleet operating costs, decrease risks and increase safety on the road, stop wasting time and money on inefficient work, they tend to turn to GPS Insight to fix all of that. GPS Insight provides its services for organizations across North America to help them manage their fleets of vehicles, trailers, mobile assets, and more. Not only will you get a robust software system for asset tracking, but you can also get in-cab cameras, ELD, fuel cards, and much more.
GPS Insight gained a deserved Excellent rating on Trustpilot with 4.3 out of 5 stars. It was also accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and rated with an impressive A+, with only two customer complaints within the last three years, both closed. GPS Insight is also an 8-time winner of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies between 2010 and 2017. The company also won awards for its customer service, products, and more.
GPS Insight is a feature-rich fleet tracking software system that offers many tools and functionalities that cater to businesses of all sizes and needs. While reviewing it, some features stood out to be the most helpful and we have compiled a list of them to help you understand how GPS Insight can help you. Below are some of the most important features offered:
Great Driver Management
GPS Insight is one of the best fleet management software providers in the US market in terms of driver management capabilities. The driver management tools can help you keep track of your drivers’ activity to spot any bad driving behavior immediately and improve your fleet performance. The system can be of help in many ways, including:
- Send and receive SMS messages to and from your drivers on the road.
- View the history of vehicle activity, like movement and stops. You get a tracking map to see every movement and all this data can be configured into a sheet or a pie chart to help you visualize it.
- View the history of your drivers, like their MPH, driving habits, ignition record, their stops and how long they take at each stop, the routes they take, the direction they are headed at, and more.
- Get driver violation reports that show you whenever a driver has done any violation within 100 miles. This includes rapid acceleration, harsh braking, hard right and left turning incidents, idling, speeding, and more.
- You can also set up custom alerts for the violations mentioned above. Your alerts for idling can be regarding any idling between 300 seconds (five minutes) as a default, or you can customize that number.
- View driver scorecards for performance to compare everyone’s performance and provide rewards and incentives.
Specialized Tracking Devices
GPS Insight does not provide you with just one model of tracking unit; it offers a range of devices designed for special purposes, other than just to track a vehicle. GPS Insight provides businesses with special hardware to help them manage their fleet.
Some of the GPS devices provided by GPS Insight include:
- The GPSI-3900: This is GPS Insight’s best device. It requires a three-wire installation and is usually installed discreetly in a vehicle’s dash.
- The AT-3000 series: This is an externally powered fleet tracking hardware device. It is usually used to monitor assets and vehicles that can act as their power source; this includes generators, diggers, trailers, and heavy equipment.
- The TT-3000: This is a battery-powered fleet tracking hardware device. This unit is ideal for monitoring shipping containers or any other fleets and assets that may have to enter areas where there is no cellular coverage to keep them connected.
Easy Regulatory Compliance
As a business in the U.S., it is crucial for you to comply with the U.S., Department of Transportation’s regulations for flees businesses. Knowing the hassle this can cause, fleet management software providers aim to make things easier for fleet managers by not only helping them manage their fleet but also by providing a software system that corporates businesses with regulatory compliance. GPS Insight is one of the best systems for that.
GPS Insight can help you do that in many ways, including:
- IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) regulations: Your GPS tracking software will help you efficiently gather all the necessary fuel tax information in addition to providing you with one single report where you can view everything you need, that is, the State Mileage report.
- ELD (Electronic Logging Device) compliance: GPS Insight will provide you with two options in this matter: 1. ELD Mobile, which is an app that your fleet drivers can use to keep track of their hours of service and 2. ELD Connect, which is a tablet that can be installed on a vehicle’s dashboard and functions as an electronic logbook and a GPS tracker. It is worth mentioning that you will need to pay extra for this.
- eDVIRs (electronic driver vehicle inspection reports): You are offered DVIR Mobile, which is a mobile app that can be used by drivers to easily complete SVIRs digitally.
While GPS Insight does not have plans and prices advertised on the website, you can still get an idea of the costs you should expect as mentioned in their blog.
GPS Insight provides customers with different options regarding their fleet tracking agreements; you can choose a one or three-year agreement. If you choose one of these options, you will oftentimes get their hardware devices at zero costs and with free installation. This is the most cost-effective solution. However, bear in mind that if you have specific requirements for your hardware devices, you should expect to pay some fees. On the other hand, if you choose a month-to-month agreement, your hardware costs will start somewhere around $39.95 per vehicle.
With that in mind, you should know that multiple factors affect the costs of your fleet tracking software system and hardware devices. Some of these factors include the features and add ons you need, the type of GPS tracking devices you want, and more.
So, to know the exact price that you will need to pay, you should go to GPS Insight’s website to get a free quote personalized for your needs as well as a free demo.
GPS Insight is a 3-time Stevie® winner (2016-2018) for Customer Service Department of the Year, a winner of the 2017 Stevie® Awards for People’s Choice for the Favorite Customer Service, and a 2-time Stevie® winner (2016-2017) for Front-Line Customer Service Team of the Year. In a nutshell, it would not be a reach to conclude that GPS Insight is an-all time customer service awards winner.
What makes GPS Insight’s customer service unmatched is the fact that it offers a wide range of communication methods for customers to get in touch with GPS Insight’s customer support team when they need any help. Customers are offered email support, a chatbot, and a phone support service.
GPS Insight’s customer support team’s operation days and hours are Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST. However, the team will still respond to any urgent phone calls or emails even if sent outside working hours, which means support is actually available 24/7. If your inquiry or question is not so urgent, the team will answer you as soon as possible within their working hours.
- For sales-related inquiries, call 866-680-0758.
- For technical support, call 866-477-4321 (Press 2).
- For accounting-related inquiries, call 866-477-4321 (Press 3).
In addition to that, GPS Insight provides an extensive online knowledge center with frequently asked questions, documents to help you set up and start using the software, help guides for troubleshooting problems, a blog page, and more. It is worth mentioning that your access level for these resources depends on the plan you pick and the price you pay.
For smaller businesses and startups, GPS Insight is a great option with the most affordable prices and inclusive features. You can contact them through the online tool to ask for a demo to try their services before making any commitment. And if you think that GPS Insight does not cover all of your needs, you can check our top recommendations for the best fleet tracking software systems in the market. In short, these are some of our top picks:
Save Big on Fleet Management
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on Fleet Management