Newsletter and Email Marketing Campaigns
Email marketing is one of the oldest yet most common and effective marketing strategies to reach multiple audiences within a few minutes. While some people think that email marketing is no longer used, 70% of companies still conduct email marketing and newsletter campaigns. Let's walk through the email marketing role in making many businesses prosper and get to know the best newsletter and email marketing services out there.
Email Marketing: Why Is It Still in Use?
When you run your own business, time becomes a crucial aspect of success. Fortunately, email newsletters keep your customers updated and reminded of your business. Here's why email marketing is still in use:
- Coverage: Did you know that 3.8 billion people use emails? It's not very surprising, though, since creating an email is the first step for whatever you want to process online. As a marketing tool, email newsletters reach the majority of audiences in a short time.
- Effectiveness: Email marketing has a great contribution to engaging more clients than any other marketing strategy. Surprisingly, it yielded around 4000% return on investment and proved its effectiveness as one of the best marketing tools in its reachability and ease of use.
- Credibility: Newsletters get the audience more familiar with your business and raise brand awareness. It's simply because customers will get updates and news from your company very often and can give them more detailed news about the manufacturing process, the company's vision, and upcoming trends or services, which sheds light on your expertise in the field.
- Personalization: You'll also have the personalized newsletters that are steered towards your clients' interests and likes, offering what they would purchase the most and news that are sent to meet each client's needs.
The Purpose of Newsletter and Email Marketing
Like any other marketing strategy, newsletters can boost both your sales and brand recognition. It also can be tailored to meet a certain audience's needs and likes. Here is why you should use the newsletter and email marketing to boost your business:
- Traffic increase: Newsletters draw more traffic to your business since they can include links to visit your website's content and how-to guides.
- Sales increase: Although newsletter marketing isn't commercial in its nature, it indirectly draws more people to your services. In other words, email marketing introduces your audience to what you offer and how they can find what meets their needs.
- Brand recognition: If you share valuable content with your audience which serves their needs the best way, they will start waiting for your next newsletter to know more about the upcoming trends and updates.
- Social media integration: If you have created new profiles for your business on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you can easily draw attention to your social media profiles by inserting their links to the newsletter and add some interesting points about why your audience should follow your accounts. It's also suggested to include different content in each profile to give customers reasons to subscribe to all of them.
Since its foundation in 2001, Mailchimp has committed to providing the most effective and audience-oriented marketing platforms and email marketing services for small businesses. Soon later, Mailchimp services have expanded to include a website builder, digital ads, domain registrar, and surveys to test and evaluate clients' satisfaction.
You can also get your newsletters more personalized with the Mailchimp marketing automation option, which helps you deliver tailored and relevant emails to your customers based on their behavior and interactions. There are tags to organize your contacts for a better organization based on the customers' level of engagement.
Mailchimp offers three packages that differ in features and price, and one more free plan which has all the essential tools to get started and build a good customer base.
The free plan offers 7 marketing channels, single email automation, 5 email templates, and it also works for up to 2000 contacts and 10,000 monthly email sends.
Businesses with more contacts and demands require picking out from the other three premium plans: Essentials, Standard, and Premium.
Get around-the-clock support via email and live chat, a decent number of email templates, custom branding, and A/B/ testing. You can get all the features for $9.99 per month when subscribing to the Essentials plan. Keep in touch with up to 500 contacts, and 5000 email sends.
The Standard plan features are geared to businesses that want to grow faster using data-driven automation and optimization tools. It includes customer journey builder, send-time optimizer, behavioral targeting, custom templates, and dynamic content. The plan works for up to 500 contacts, and 6000 email sends for $14.99 per month.
For experts who need more customization and better support, including phone, besides live chat and email, you can head off to the Premium plan that includes advanced segmentation, multivariate testing, and unlimited role-based access. The plan works for up to 10,000 contacts and 150,000 email sends for $299 per month.
Shopify is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company based in Ottawa. It offers many services, including online stores, point of sale, email marketing, and a website builder.
Since 2019, Shopify has included an email marketing application for free for all plans, and it is also available at an affordable price.
Using Shopify allows customizing branded templates or building your own ones, and you can control which of your customers will receive your emails. Shopify saves your emails while editing as a draft and asks for your confirmation before sending any. If you don’t want to repeat the process every time, you can schedule emails to help you plan for your store.
As said earlier, Shopify provides free email marketing for all plans. It allows sending 2,500 emails every month, but if your sent emails exceed 2,500, you can get 1000 additional emails for $1.
3. Constant Contact
You can customize and design your emails easily with the Constant Contact smart email editor. It also ensures that your customers feel appreciated and engaged by sending new subscribers emails, resending non-openers, and triggering email series.
Your social media presence is also guaranteed using Facebook and Instagram ads that create more awareness of your brand and bring more website traffic and sales. You don’t even have to worry about uploading your contacts. You can upload lists from Outlook, Excel, or Salesforce.
Compare Constant Contact's plans:
|Knowledge base, phone, and live chat
|Knowledge base, phone, and live chat
Email marketing effectively draws more attention to your business and integrates all other platforms for better publicity and more clients. In addition, newsletter and email marketing can also make your audience feel appreciated. A personalized email marketing option analyzes the audience's individual behavior and sends audience-oriented emails that fit their needs and likes.