Jovia Financial Credit Union Review
Jovia Financial Credit Union is a financial cooperative that was founded eight decades ago. It provides many types of financial solutions including loans (personal, mortgage, and most importantly, auto loans).
You can rely on Jovia to finance your next car purchase if you've already found the car of your dreams. However, if you're still researching, then you can also rely on Jovia Financial to help you find the perfect ride for you!
Whether you're looking to own a car for the long run or you want a temporary ride that's going to stick with you for a while, Jovia Financial can offer you both options. You can now either buy or lease a car through Jovia Financial and pay as much as you can afford (or less) each month until you either finish the leasing time or finish paying the loan and own the car permanently.
Jovia Financial offers loans to help you lease, buy, or refinance your car purchase. They also offer you a warranty and GAP for your car, so you can't go wrong with them. Although some of their customer reviews are quite upset about their poor customer service, the vast majority are happy with their services and wish to stay with Jovia Financial for a longer period.
If you're curious to know more about how to qualify for an auto loan, what features and filters Jovia offers, and more, read this comprehensive review that will help you learn more about Jovia Financial and its services.
1. APR rates are as low as 2.39%.
2. Loan terms can get up to 96 months.
3. Auto loans are available for 10 years old cars and newer.
4. Relatively low monthly payments.
5. Fast online application.
Jovia Financial offers financing with a 100% maximum Loan to Value (LTV). Members can only get financing on vehicles from 2012 or newer and are for personal use. The featured rates start at 2.59% APR for their 36-month term and up to 2.78% for the 72-month term. Jovia Financial only covers personal use vehicles. Unfortunately, commercial, delivery, taxicab, or rideshare vehicles are not eligible for financing.
As for the credit score, borrowers must have and maintain a credit score of 670 or higher to qualify for the auto loan. The higher the credit score, the better the chances of getting approval. Further, the rates and terms are subject to credit approval, so applicants with good credit history get lower interest rates than those with bad credit history.
You can borrow a loan amount for a six-year term for a minimum of $15,000, and for the seven-year term, the minimum amount is $25,000, as for the eight-year term, it is $30,000. However, the maximum loan to value (LTV) is at 100% for an eight-year term.
Jovia Financial offers you more than 10,000 different car makes and models. You get to choose the make, model, body type, pre-owned or new, price, and payment.
If you're looking to buy or lease a new or old car, all you need to do is either search via make and model, body type, or price and payment, and you will be left with the filtered options that will help you choose more wisely. After that, you can apply for a loan if you qualify, and you will get accepted in minutes.
Getting prequalified with Navy Federal Credit Union should not affect your credit score, but it's important to find a car that suits your budget and is personalized to what you need.
1. Purchasing a new car
When you decide to purchase a new car, you choose the make and model, then click on 'Search.' After that, the page in the picture below will appear, and you will be able to apply more filters to your search. The searches will include the car make and model and the different features and prices listed next to them to make a choice easier. Read below to learn more about the filters.
Here are the filters that you can choose from:
- Year, Make, and Model: You can choose whether you still want the car new, its make, and its model without returning to the previous page.
- Body Type: In this section, you get to choose what body type you prefer your car to have. The options available are Sedan, Hatchback, Coupe, Convertable, SUV/Wagon, Pickup, Minivan, and commercial.
- Fuel Type: You can choose what fuel you prefer your car to run on to filter out the search results. The options available are Gasoline, Hybrid, Diesel, Electric, Flex-fuel, Plug-in hybrid, Natural gas, and Biodiesel.
- Engine Type: In this drop-down menu, you can choose what kind of engine you want your car to run on. Types of engines available on Jovia are H4, H6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, R0, R2, V6, V8, V12m W8, W12, W16, and Electric.
- Drive Type: In this drop-down menu, you get to choose the drive type, whether you prefer a front-wheel drive, a rear-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, or 4-wheel drive.
Once you click on 'Refine Search' and choose one of the options in blue under the car, you will be taken to another page (look at the picture below), so you can learn more about your choice of car.
You will learn more about the car regarding its standard equipment, specifications, safety features, warranties, crash test ratings, and much more. As soon as you're sure that this is the car that you want, you can choose to build it, get pre-approved, save it, or compare it to other cars that you like. Unfortunately, at the time of writing this article (October 25th, 2021), the online processes do not work as the website leads to an error page if you click on build this car or get pre-approved.
2. Purchasing a pre-owned car
When you choose to purchase a pre-owned car, along with the make and model, you can also choose the number of years it was used for. After that, you will be taken to a similar page to the one you go to when you choose to purchase a new car, except there are a few differences that we're going to list down below.
When you choose to buy a used car, you will get the following unique filters to specify:
- Year: You can choose the year range during which the car was used by narrowing or widening the two toggles on the bar.
- Make: In this filer menu, you get to choose more than one make, so you can get the results depending on the makes you selected.
- Model: Model is not much different from make as you can choose multiple models for each make you selected in the previous menu.
- Exterior Color: You can choose the preferred exterior color of your car if there are options available.
- Price Range: You can also narrow down the search results by choosing a lower price range by moving the toggles closer to each other and a higher price range if you move the toggles away from each other.
Mileage Range: If you move the toggles as you did in the price range, the same will apply to the mileage range filter.
3. Search by payment
If you choose to search for cars by payment, you will get to filter the search results depending on the type, price, down payment, and term.
In order for you to fill a loan application, you don't need to be a member. However, for you to receive the loan, you need to become a member. Moreover, if you want to become a member of Jovia, you must be a resident, employee, or student in the Suffolk or Nassau countries. You can also join Jovia through a family member. Most importantly, you need to open a share account and be the owner of it in order to qualify.
You can apply for free as loan applications don't have processing or admin fees, nor does the website's fee schedule include prepayment penalties. However, late payments have a fee of $25, and inactive accounts are charged $5 each month.
Usually, it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to fill in the online application, and the loan decision and approval should arrive within three days, not more. However, since the website's online link isn't working, it isn't easy to guess how long it takes to apply and get approved.
The required documents are also not specified on the website, and we could not figure them out by the online application portal as it is currently broken.
You can refinance with Jovia Financial by inserting your remaining loan balance, your current monthly payment, your current APR, and your desired new term. The APR rate stays 3.09% for all terms except for the 84-month term where it becomes 4.09%.
Once you insert all of the required information, you will get a comparison schedule that helps you calculate the difference between the monthly payments, months remaining, and interest remaining. After that, you can either click on 'Apply now' or 'Learn more' if you have questions that you would like to ask their customer support agent.
You can contact Jovia Financial for help with any of your queries through one of the following customer support options:
- Phone support
- Knowledge base
- Social media
Jovia is a leading company offering multiple financing solutions that suits almost everyone and low monthly payments for more flexibility. APR rates are also as low as 1.79%, making it a great option for those who care about long-term loans.