VPN on iPhone: Best VPNs in 2021
1. What is a VPN
2. How to install and configure a VPN on iPhone/iPad devices
3. VPN on iPhone recommendations
Safety and privacy are some of the essential perks a person might want in their life. It doesn't only include the physical world but rather also the virtual world. Many users surf the internet with no regard to their internet safety and privacy, especially when it comes to Apple product users, the reason being that many consider having a VPN on iPhone devices redundant because the macOS and iOS are more secure than the Windows counterpart.
In this article, we will dive further into discussing what a VPN is, why it's important for internet safety even for Apple users, and how to install and connect to a VPN on iPhone.
1. Pick one of these VPNs
2. Go to the Apple store and download your VPN of choice
3. Open the application and set the country server of your choice
4. Enjoy a safe and private internet experience
A virtual private network (VPN) is a tool used to encrypt your data and cover your tracks by masking your IP address. There are many reasons why you might want to do that, including avoiding tracking, which is often used by many websites, to check your search history, and where you live.
VPN companies act as a middle man when connecting to the internet as you connect through them instead of directly connecting to the internet, which allows them to set a new IP address for users and applies encryption that prevents any third parties from viewing what you're doing online.
Take, for example, the prices of digital products. You might be surprised to know that a product's price will change based on the country you're in, as many companies determine the price based on the local income of the viewing country. When using a VPN, you can avoid this by masking your IP to another country.
Another example is torrenting. Since not all governments around the world are fighting torrent websites, you can easily set your server in a VPN to a server in one of those countries.
By setting your IP to a foreign country that overlooks torrenting, downloading a torrent client, and opening a torrent website becomes possible.
Many countries would detect your access to a torrenting site due to your ISP providing your activity data. However, when using a VPN, the data provided to your ISP becomes encrypted. This means that they won’t be able to decipher it unless they have the deciphering key. Instead, your VPN company gets hold of this data.
Keep in mind we don't encourage any acts of piracy. However, we find this a good example to showcase how VPNs can hide your data even from your local government.
Many VPN companies have a no-logs policy, which means they don’t store any of your logs, and so even if requested to, they wouldn’t be able to provide it to whoever is asking for it.
In this guide, we will be using a fan favorite VPN (NordVPN) to showcase the steps required to download and configure a VPN.
1. To install a VPN on iPhone or iPad devices, open the Apple store and search for your VPN of choice, or alternatively, you can enter the app page on the Apple store via your VPN of choice website, then click on get to start downloading.
3. Log in to your credentials if you already have an account or consider registering with our NordVPN discounted promo code link.
4. If this is your first time logging, a pop-up message will ask for permission to add VPN configuration settings, which is done automatically.
5. A map with all possible locations will pop up for you to choose the country from which you want your IP to show, and a quick-connect button to connect to the closest server to you.
6. The pin indicating the server of choice will turn green as you connect to your server of choice, and a VPN icon will indicate a VPN connection in your iPhone status bar.
7. When connected, you can click the green location icon to switch servers to whichever you prefer, or you can "quick connect" to automatically connect to a recommended one.
The settings menu is available for users to configure their subscription plan, server favorites list, preferred protocol, and much more.
So based on all we've said in regards to VPNs, we decided to make you a list of the best VPN providers that have the best features to ensure your privacy, so you can have a comprehensive list of which VPN companies to go for. In addition, we included promo code links so you can get the best prices possible!
Our top VPN recommendations include:
NordVPN is a favorite for so many people. It is based in Panama (Not a 5/9/14-Eyes Alliance) with a strict no-logs policy. It has over 5400 servers spread over 59 countries worldwide. It provides dedicated P2P servers to better facilitate torrenting download safely with high speed, making it very usable for torrenting. NordVPN has RAM-based servers.
NordVPN provides a high-end encryption level (AES 256-bit military-grade encryption) and has “obfuscated” servers for geo-censorship countries like China to bypass The Great Firewall of China. Pricewise NordVPN is relatively lower than ExpressVPN, giving it an edge in this section.
ExpressVPN provides it all. It is based in the British Virgin Islands (not a 5/9/14-Eyes Alliance member) with a strict no-logs policy. It has over 3000 servers spread over 160 locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN has RAM-based servers which mean with every reboot any logged data will be automatically deleted.
ExpressVPN has a high encryption level (AES 256-bit military-grade encryption) and has a kill switch. Furthermore, some countries like China use a firewall (The Great Firewall of China) to prevent locals from using a VPN. ExpressVPN is one of the few that can bypass this geo-censorship.
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, VPN out there. This makes it very suitable for torrenting and even streaming. Its price is on the higher end of the VPN price spectrum.
CyberGhost is based in Romania (not a 5/9/14-Eyes Alliance member), provides a no-logs policy, has over 6000 servers spread over 90 countries, and provides 256-bit encryption. However, In the speed department, it falls short in comparison to the top two. CyberGhost has RAM-based servers.
In terms of obfuscation, CyberGhost doesn’t work as well, rendering it less useful in high geo-censorship regions. Pricewise CyberGhost is more cost-efficient.
To summarize, these are the best VPN Services in 2021…
- Great for streaming
- Stable server speeds
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet Access
- 10 Simultaneous connections
- Large server network
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Responsive customer support
- Reliable encryption
- Military-grade AES-256-bit encryption
- Built-in WireGuard protocol
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Military-grade AES-256-bit encryption
- No-log policy
- P2P optimized servers