How to Unblock TikTok at School
TikTok, formerly known as musical.ly, is one of the biggest social media platforms in this day and age; it has more than 1 billion active monthly users, surpassing Twitter, Telegram, and Snapchat.
TikTok exists on almost every device, those owned by kids and the ones for adults. Even businesses and companies nowadays utilize it for work purposes.
And because of this "obsession" with this app, schools tend to block it from their servers to stop students from accessing it at school. In this article, we will teach you how to bypass this block.
Some schools ban TikTok simply by creating school rules that don't allow using it. In this case, there is no way to bypass this block.
However, our focus here is on the type of block that happens through firewalls. Creating a firewall blocks all traffic to all domain names and IP addresses associated with TikTok. Some firewalls even scan all devices connected to the network and identify any traffic on TikTok.
To unblock Tiktok, you need to bypass this firewall. And to bypass the firewall, you need a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN will hide your real IP address and allow you to pick a different IP address on a completely different server. This way, you will be using a different IP address and a different server, which will bypass the detection of the firewall.
Once you have chosen a VPN, follow these steps to unblock TikTok:
1. Download a reliable VPN. We recommend one of the VPNs in the list below, as they have all been tested by us.
2. Download and install the VPN app on your device.
3. Run the app and sign in. You might receive a confirmation email; follow the instructions to verify your email address.
4. Launch the VPN app > select any server of your choice.
5. Launch the TikTok app and log into your account.
6. Enjoy using TikTok!
CyberGhost is our #1 top pick for a VPN to unblock TikTok.
CyberGhost is on top of the list of VPNs that can bypass firewalls and restrictions, which is perfect for unblocking TikTok. It is also very fast, so you will not face any issues while watching videos on TikTok.
- 1-month: $12.99/month
- 3-year: $2.25/month- billed 87.75 every three years. (Save 83%)
- 12-month: $3.99/month- billed $47.88 every year
The first plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee, while the second and third plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
The long-term plan with CyberGhost saves you tons of money; for $87.75, you get 39 months. However, if you're worried about the commitment, you can get the one-month plan for $12.99.
IPVanish scores top points with its ultra-speed levels. This speed is what you need to watch your videos smoothly on TikTok. IPVanish also unlocks TikTok easily, as it can bypass firewalls efficiently.
IPVanish's plans and pricing:
- Monthly subscription: $3.49/month for the first month and $9.99/month for the renewal price.
- Yearly subscription: $2.62/month ($31.49/year) for the first year and $89.99/year for the renewal price.
IPVanish does not have a free trial, but it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark is another great VPN to unblock TikTok at school. It can efficiently bypass restrictions and firewalls without any difficulty.
With the 2-year plan, you will be charged $59.76, which is considerably low compared to other VPN providers.
Private Internet Access VPN stands out for its exceptional security. This security is very much needed to unblock TikTok and use it at school without getting caught.
Their best plan is the two-year plan for $69.95 ($2.69/month). Even though there’s no free trial, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee for you to decide.
To summarize, these are the best VPN Services in 2021…
- Great for streaming
- Stable server speeds
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet Access
- 10 Simultaneous connections
- Large server network
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Responsive customer support
- Reliable encryption
- Military-grade AES-256-bit encryption
- Built-in WireGuard protocol
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Military-grade AES-256-bit encryption
- No-log policy
- P2P optimized servers