How to Get AEW Plus in the United States
Are you a fan of All Elite Wrestling? Then you're in the right place! In this article, we will teach you how to get AEW Plus in the United States.
1. What Is AEW Plus?
2. Is AEW Plus Available in the US?
3. How to Get AEW Plus in the US Using a VPN
4. Choosing the Right VPN
What Is AEW Plus?
All Elite Wrestling, or AEW, is an American entertainment company that specializes in professional wrestling. AEW is still a relatively new company, founded in 2019, compared to its rival World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) that was founded in 1980. However, despite being new, it has already made it impact.
Fite.tv added the AEW Plus as a service for fans of wrestling that prefer watching shows live. If you subscribe to AEW Plus, you get to watch all the AEW weekly programs that are available to date. This subscription includes everything AEW has to offer, including AEW: Dynamite, AEW Dark, AEW Dark Elevation, and AEW Rampage. You can enjoy the shows live with no commercial ads or you can watch the replay later. You can always go back to watch the previous episodes, too.
AEW also offers a live chat box where you can chat with other people who share the same interests as you.
Other than the catalog of episodes, you can watch the new on-demand show 4 days a week, as follows:
AEW Elevation - 7pm ET on Monday
AEW Dark - 7pm ET on Tuesday
AEW Dynamite - 8pm ET on Wednesday
AEW Rampage - 10pm ET on Friday
Is AEW Plus Available in the US?
Fite.tv made this service for people who live outside the United States; this service is available in these countries: The United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Chile, Brazil, and The Middle East.
What Fite.tv is doing is called geo-restricting or geo-blocking certain content. This means that while the content is completely available in some country or region, it is unavailable somewhere else.
How does geo-blocking work? The service can determine the IP address of anyone who is trying to access it; in this case, if your IP address belongs to the United States, you will be immediately blocked from accessing the service, and you will get the following message:
“Unfortunately, this membership offering is not available in your territory."
If you have a different IP address that belongs to one of the countries where the service is not blocked, you will then be able to watch your shows. The question is, how can you have a different IP address? The answer is simple; virtual private networks (VPNs).
A VPN will help you in this case by hiding you IP address and giving you a temporary fake one that you can use to access the blocked content.
How to Get AEW Plus in the US Using a VPN
As mentioned before, to get AEW Plus while in the United States, you need to use a VPN. Once you've settled on a VPN, follow these steps:
- Download a reliable VPN that will surely bypass the geo-restrictions. We recommend one of the VPNs in the list below, as they have all been tested by us and have all shown the best results.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Run the app and sign in. You might receive a confirmation email; follow the instructions to verify your email address.
- Launch the VPN app > select a server from one of the countries mentioned in the section above.
- Go to AEW Plus and start your 7-day free trial.
- Sign up and start watching!
Choosing the Right VPN
Features in a good VPN
We at Several.com have certain criteria we use to evaluate VPN services before we make a list of the best ones. When it comes to watching your wrestling shows, speed is vital; there is nothing worse than . So, to make things clear, all of the VPNs in the list below have been tested by us, and all scored top points when it came to speed.
Some of the other features that need to be in a good VPN include:
- AES-256-bit Encryption: This is the strongest data encryption; it is so strong that governments, banks, military bases, and other official parties use it to protect their most confidential info.
- Zero-logging Policy: A no-log policy denies third-party apps access to your info, as the VPN itself will never save your login info and internet traffic.
- Servers run on RAM (No data is written on hard drives): This gives you more security by storing your data on RAM servers that get erased every time the server is rebooted.
- Kill-Switch: A kill switch is a feature that severs your internet connection if your VPN connection drops suddenly, preventing your real IP address from being exposed.
- Split Tunneling: This feature will allow you to choose which apps run on the VPN server and which ones stay on the public network.
- Unblocking streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, and so on.
Choosing a good VPN also depends on the quality of the customer service of the company, the devices the VPN is compatible with, the languages supported by the VPN provider, and the prices.
We know it can be such a pain to go through every single VPN service on the internet to look for the features in the list above. So, we did the work for you and summarized what we found in a list of the best VPNs for unblocking AEW Plus in the US.
Our #1 top pick for a VPN to unblock AEW Plus in the US is IPVanish.
Speed is the most important criterion to focus on when choosing a VPN for streaming and watching, especially when it's a live show. Nothing is worse than having to pause every now and then because of a lag in the server. And when it comes to speed, IPVanish is always on top. IPVanish is great for streaming, torrenting, gaming, and bypassing geo-blocks.
IPVanish has a high encryption level (AES 256-bit) used by governments, banks, and military bases to protect top-secret information. IPVanish also has a kill switch that will sever your internet connection if your VPN connection drops suddenly. With the kill switch, your actual IP address will always stay anonymous.
IPVanish's plans and pricing:
- Monthly subscription: $3.49/month for the first month and $9.99/month for the renewal price.
- Yearly subscription: $2.62/month ($31.49/year) for the first year and $89.99/year for the renewal price.
IPVanish does not have a free trial, but it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other VPNs you can use to get AEW Plus in the US
The following VPNs have all proven to unblock AEW in the US.
- CyberGhost - With their 3-year plan, you will be charged $2.25/month, billed $87.75 every three years.
- Surfshark - With the 2-year plan, you will be charged $59.76.
- Private Internet Access - Their best plan is the two-year plan for $69.95 ($2.69/month).