Stripe Terminal: Building Your Ideal Point of Sale
Updated: February 1, 2024
Seamless transactions and customer satisfaction in the ever-changing business environment are made possible with a reliable Point of Sale (POS) system. One prominent player in this industry is Stripe Terminal.
We will thoroughly examine the firm to find out their history, POS systems, prices, pros and cons, customer reviews, and overall efficiency in serving their clients. With such data, you can determine whether Stripe Terminal is a good fit for your company.
Since their launch in 2010, Stripe has become a leading online payment processor. Instead of using a preexisting point-of-sale system, businesses may build their own system on top of Stripe's platform with the help of their virtual terminal, Stripe Terminal. The firm first concentrated on accepting payments online, but after establishing these services, they branched out to include brick-and-mortar businesses.
Thanks to Stripe Terminal's integration with Stripe Payments, Connect, and Billing, businesses can now easily manage their online and in-person sales. So, they don't supply a point-of-sale system in and of itself, but they do provide them the resources they need to build their own POS system that works with the payment processors they already use.
Because of their commitment to simplicity and innovation, the brand has become a trusted name for businesses of all sizes. This service is available in various nations, such as the US, Canada, UK, Austria, Belgium, and countless more.
Your credit card information and payment details are safe with them because all their services are PCI and EMV-compliant. They also use end-to-end encryption, cloud-based ordering, and logistics. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited Stripe's payment processing profile in 2013.
Services & Features
- Hardware: To make the checkout process easier, they offer traditional pre-certified terminal readers and accessories that provide businesses with a familiar and reliable option for in-person transactions, which come at an added cost
- Integration: Recognizing the diversity of business tools and services, the Stripe Terminal SDK supports a variety of third-party integrations. Whether it's inventory management, customer relationship management (CRM), or analytics tools, businesses can integrate this Terminal into their preferred ecosystem
- Payment processing: This provider enables businesses to integrate Stripe into their existing in-person checkout flows or build in-person payments into their custom POS applications. This Terminal integration allows businesses to manage online and in-person sales in one place, providing a seamless and unified commerce experience. They offer a Tap to Pay feature for iPhones and Android mobile devices in the US, AU, and UK for contactless payment
Prices & Plans
Unfortunately, their website doesn’t provide information about their prices, plans, or features. However, we have gathered that the cost of this service is separate from their CCP services, and it may vary depending on your location and the products included in the agreement. Additionally, their hardware cost is separate and depends on the specific hardware and features you choose. To give you an idea of their hardware pricing, here are some examples:
- Stripe Reader M2: $59
- BBPOS WisePOS E: $249
- Stripe Reader S700: $349
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Customizable: This service's high degree of personalization is one of Stripe’s most notable characteristics. Businesses may customize their point-of-sale (POS) experience on this platform, making it more in line with their identity through the use of a branded interface
- Not cost-effective for startups: For companies on a tight budget that are looking for innovative solutions quickly, Stripe Terminal might be a bit of a challenge due to its high learning curve and the time and technical knowledge needed for setup
- The need for a developer: Businesses without committed development resources may find Stripe Terminal's developer-friendly nature to be a hindrance, even though it provides a benefit for customization. Allocating funds for recruiting or training developers with programming experience might be difficult for small organizations
- Lack of transparency: While the provider offers a clear pricing structure for their credit card processing features, they do not share any information about the prices and plans concerning the Terminal. They also are not very clear about the features included in the terminal, and how extensive their services are
There aren’t many customer reviews available on popular platforms like BBB and Trustpilot for the Terminal service offered by the company. Most of the reviews on these platforms relate to the provider's credit card processing services. However, we discovered around 15 reviews on G2 with an impressive rating of 4.4 out of 5 for their Terminal service.
Customers praised the company’s developer’s tools and easy integrations. They also talk about how easy it is to use and accept in-person payments.
Several customers have expressed that they charge an additional fee for this service, which they consider some of the industry's highest.
Because there aren’t many reviews online about the company, we suggest contacting their previous or current clients to inquire about this particular service and how they support it. Once you get in touch with the company’s sales team, make sure to ask them all the necessary questions you have before making a purchase.
You can fill out a form on their website to contact their sales team. For customer support, you can reach them at +1 888 926 2289. They have multiple subscription plans for their customer support services, offering varying levels of assistance at different costs.
Stripe Terminal is a different point-of-sale solution, offering diversity and high customization. Are you looking to improve your in-person transactions? It might be a great alternative because of their dedication to security, scalability, and customization.
Stripe Terminal has several great features that customers love. These features include their personalized checkout experience, easy integration, and reliable transactions. The company's dedication to customer service enhances an excellent user experience.
Stripe Terminal's suitability for your company's demands, finances, and amount of customization will determine the best course of action. To determine if they align with your objectives and enhance your point-of-sale experience, consider researching and comparing them with other service providers. Explore our review, blog posts, and comparison pages for more information.
Save Big on Point of Sale Systems
Fill out a quick form to claim special offers on Point of Sale Systems