How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error
Frustrated by the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error? Continue reading to find out how to fix that.
Lately, and with the high number of Discord monthly users, problems and errors have arisen; some concerning Discord's cybersecurity, and some concerning errors while using the app itself.
Discord No Route Error: How to Fix It?
Discord Won't Connect? Here's How to Fix That
In this article, we will focus on understanding the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error and how to fix it.
The Discord Awaiting Endpoint error occurs when Discord cannot establish a solid connection or when one or some of Discord's servers are down. This can happen due to a slow or bad internet connection, a server outage, or some other network problem.
According to Discord, this error is a self-solving issue that can be resolved simply by restarting the app.
There are several fixes for this error; we will go through them one-by-one.
Check your internet
As silly as it may sound to you, the issue could be caused by a bad internet connection. Make sure your device is connected to the internet (through Wi-Fi or ethernet cable). If it is connected, perform a speed test to see if you have a slow internet connection.
If your speed is slower than 2 Mbps, then this might be the reason Discord is having trouble connecting to the server. You can contact your internet service provider to check for this issue.
If your speed is more than 2 Mbps, you can move to the next step.
As mentioned above, restarting Discord is usually enough to fix the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error. Make sure to shut down the program completely with any background activities. Once you shut it down, open it again and the error should be gone.
If the error persists, move to the next step.
Check Discord's status
One thing you can do is check if Discord or any of its services are down at the moment. You can check the status at any time by going to DiscordStatus.com.
If the status shows that Discord is down, the only thing you can do is wait for Discord's staff to fix the issue.
Outdated programs usually cause issues and errors; check if the version you have of Discord on your device is the newest version. If not, then you need to update it.
Discord should update automatically; so if it's outdated, you need to run it as an administrator:
- Press on the Windows Key.
- Type in "Discord."
- When you see Discord's icon, right-click on it > choose " Run as administrator.
If the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error isn't fixed, try the next step.
Change server region
To change the server region, follow these steps:
- Open Discord on your device.
- In the menu on the left-hand side > click on Settings > Server Settings.
- Click on Overview > change the server location.
- Restart Discord and see whether the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error has been fixed.
If the error is still there, or if you can't change your server location, try the next step.
Use a VPN
If you can't change the server location, you can use a VPN to mask and spoof your location by choosing a different server location.
- Choose a good VPN. We recommend one of the VPNs in the rated list, as they have all been tested by us.
- Install the VPN app on your device or add the VPN extension to your browser.
- Sign Up by entering your email address. You might receive a temporary password which you can change later.
- Choose a plan and complete your payment.
- Choose a server from the list and connect.
- Go to Discords and check if the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error is gone.
You need to uninstall Discord and make sure to remove any leftover files and programs. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows Start menu > select Search.
- Type "control panel" and click on it > click Uninstall a Program under the Programs icon.
- Find Discord and click on it > click Uninstall > once uninstalled, click Start > Run.
- Type in %appdata% > click Run.
- Find the Discord files > click delete.
- Open Run again > search for %localappdata% > delete the folder.
- Go to the Discord website > install the latest update of the app.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps provided by the installation wizard.
- Launch the Discord app, and it should run without the Discord Awaiting Endpoint error.