RoadRunner Auto Transport Review: Transfer Any Vehicle with Wheels
RoadRunner Auto Transport
RoadRunner has been shipping vehicles for the past three decades and has safely delivered over 420 thousand cars. They offer a wide range of services shipping nearly any type of vehicle as well as boats and heavy equipment.
What Is RoadRunner Auto Transport?
RoadRunner Auto Transport is a fully licensed and insured broker that connects their customers with auto carriers and negotiate the prices and terms on your behalf. They work with over 14,000 carriers nationwide to get you the best service possible.
The company headquarters is in Bethpage, New York, but they ship anywhere nationwide and U.S territories and the Caribbean.
On a less positive note, they are not as reliable as other auto transport companies. They currently hold an uncredited D+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Their ratings are not affected by customers, but their consumers have complained about scheduling problems with carriers and their lack of customer support.
How RoadRunner Auto Transport Works
Before you start planning the shipping process, you have to know the vehicle you are shipping, the location of where you want it picked up, and where it will be dropped off. Then, once you've gathered all the basic information, you have to follow these three steps to get your vehicle to its destination:
- Get your shipping quote: You can get the total shipping cost by filling out the car shipping cost calculator on their website; this will give you the initial costs of the total shipment. If you prefer to talk to a shipping specialist, you can call them at +1-888-777-2123.
- Vehicle pick-up: Once you've agreed on the quote you got, your vehicle will be assigned a carrier that fits the timeframe and route you put in. On the day of the pick-up, your vehicle will be picked up from the location you decided on, and it will start heading to its destination.
- Vehicle drop-off: Once your vehicle arrives at the destination, it will be offloaded and inspected to ensure no damage occurs on the road.
RoadRunner Auto Transport Services
They currently ship vehicles to all 50 states as well as other services like:
- Enclosed transport: If you don't want your vehicle exposed to the elements, this will be the best option for you, as it will be transported in a closed carrier. This option is more expensive than the open transport and it can add an extra $700 to your bill.
- Open transport: Shipping your car in an open carrier is the most common vehicle shipping method since it is budget-friendly. For the whole duration of the trip, your car will be exposed to the elements at all times.
- Door-to-door shipping: This method will ensure your car is picked up and dropped off as close as possible to your home. Some cities have restrictions on large carriers that might stop them from driving directly into residential areas; this is because they need a lot of room to maneuver and turn around, so if you live in a narrow street with tight turns, the driver will ask you to pick the vehicle up at the closest location to you.
- Alaska shipping: You can send a vehicle to and from Alaska from the port once a week, and it can be delivered anywhere in the states below.
- Hawaii shipping: Their services extend to Hawaii as they offer to take your vehicle from and to the mainland, from any main Hawaiian port.
- International shipping: Their services go beyond the 50 states. They ship to nearby countries like Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, St Maarten, the Virgin Islands, and many more nearby islands.
- Oversized shipping: Apart from the common car shipments, they transport oversized vehicles such as RVs and boats of any size.
Real-time tracking: Once your vehicle hits the road, you'll be able to track it in real-time. You can see how far your vehicle is from its destination.
Motorcycle shipping: They work with over 2,000 certified nationwide motorcycle movers. The motorcycle is transported in a fully enclosed carrier to ensure it is delivered in the same condition it was picked up in.
RoadRunner Auto Transport Costs
RoadRunner's prices are competitive, with affordable prices for most of its car shipping services. You can get a quote in a few steps to give you an initial price that estimates what you can expect to pay. After that, you won't need to pay till the day your vehicle is expected for pick-up. Then, you can pay using your credit card, check, and cash.
To give you an idea of their price range if you transport a vehicle from CT to FL:
|Transport type||Honda Civic||Ram 1500||Chevy Silverado 1500|
What affects the cost of your shipping?
There are a few factors that change the costs of your shipment:
- Transport Mode: The biggest price difference will come from choosing an enclosed or one carrier; the price difference could reach $1000 depending on the type of vehicle.
- Shipment location: Door-to-door shipment is usually more expensive than terminal-to-terminal shipments because it is delivered directly to your home. RoadRunner Auto Transport only offers door-to-door shipments.
- Shipment season: When you ship your car plays a huge role since some seasons are in high demand, like summer or the end of the year.
- Vehicle Size: The more space a car takes, the more expensive shipping it is. Smaller cars are cheaper to ship than SUVs and trucks.
- Vehicle operability: If the car does not operate, it will require more effort and resources to move it, so it is more expensive.
- Distance: The longer the distance is, the better price you'll get per mile, though it will cost you more overall.
RoadRunner Auto Transport Customer Support
Customer support is available during business hours:
Monday to Friday: 9 AM - 10 PM EST
Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM EST
To reach them by phone call:
Main Phone: +1 888-777-2123
Quotes & Booking: +1 888-422-7584
Customer Support: +1 877-265-8556
Fax: +1 877-668-0120
To reach them by email, contact them through [email protected]
They also offer existing customers an online agent for support or if you want to track your vehicle.
RoadRunner Auto Transport ships nearly any vehicle you can think of and other means of transport like boats. Their services include all 50 states plus the Caribbean; most auto shipping companies only stay within the borders. You can also track your vehicle 24/7, meaning you'll know exactly where it is at all times.
You can get a quick quote online to find out if the prices offered fit your budget, or you can call a specialist to help you work out all the shipping details.
You can get a quote by calling +1-888-422-7584 or getting an instant quote on their website.
The total costs depend on a few different factors distance, vehicle size, date, and transport mode.
Yes, you don't have to be personally present; anyone over the age of 18 can release and accept your vehicle.
Yes, You can put your personal items in the trunk of the car as long as it doesn't exceed a hundred pounds.
Yes, RoadRunner Auto Transport ships cars that don't run.
Before you place an order you'll need to know the pick-off vocational, drop-off location, name, phone number, dates, and your vehicle's information.
You should have just about a quarter of a tank, just enough to load and unload your vehicle.