Perimeter 81: World's Leading Business VPN
Perimeter 81 is a giant, world-leading business Virtual Private Network (VPN) and cloud security solutions provider that aims to deliver universal purpose-built cloud security to enable any business anywhere. Perimeter 81 allows you to secure your network with its business VPN in just 15 minutes. Continue reading to know everything its business VPN has to offer.
Perimeter 81 was launched in 2018 as its founders' second security endeavor. Since its founding, the company has landed over 2200 customers and has gained a foothold in the Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) and Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) to help businesses of all industries and sizes achieve universal cyber security with affordable solutions.
Perimeter 81 is recognized as Forrester New Wave™ ZTNA Leaders in 2021, and this year it has also been awarded several recognition badges by G2, SourceForge, and Slashdot for Easiest Admin, High Performer, Best Support, Momentum Leader, Easiest To Do Business With, and many other awards since its conception in 2018.
Perimeter 81 targets to win the SASE race and build the most comprehensive and user-friendly platform while delivering intuitive and outstanding service. Its business VPN solution is one of the most complete and feature-rich in the whole industry.
Technology & SaaS
Business VPN for the technology and SaaS industry allows you to meet the challenges of a corporate cloud network. Your SaaS industry will be granted universal security in one service. Perimeter 81’s unified software-based solutions aid IT and security professionals in eradicating the time and expenses of developing multiple networking and security solutions.
Your technology and SaaS will be provided with the following:
- Global Private Gateways
- Highly Scalable Access
- Enforced User Security
- Centralized Management
- Activity Monitoring and Auditing
- Cloud Visibility
Healthcare VPN allows your healthcare organization to meet HIPAA requirements with confident compliance with Perimeter 81’s powerful cybersecurity tools. Your healthcare organization will be able to gain ultimate visibility into cloud usage, assess any potential risks, and gain knowledge on how to secure your Protected Healthcare Information (PHI).
With a cloud VPN, your healthcare organization will benefit from:
- Reduced Costs
- Secure Remote Access
- Data Protection
- Centralized Resources
- Data Tracking and Recovery
A Cloud VPN can help secure all of your firm’s critical assets, such as balance sheets, cloud resources, and customer details. Your financial firm will receive an added security layer to limit the attack surface with granular access rules on user roles, devices, locations, and other parameters you set.
With unified networking and security, your financial firm will benefit from:
- Secure Remote Access
- Improved User Experience
- Total Network Visibility
- Streamlining Regulatory Compliance
- Seamless Cloud Migration
- Reduced TCO
Retail & E-commerce
Perimeter 81’s network security solution will ensure that your retail and e-commerce store has a strong defense system in their local and cloud resources. You will be able to strengthen your employee authentication to your applications and cloud resources with advanced authentication features such as 2FA and Single Sign-On.
Moreover, your network access policies will be easily managed across devices, employee roles, locations, and cloud environments. Your retail and e-commerce stores will be able to benefit from:
- Complete Network Visibility
- Mitigating Data Loss
- Increased Security
- Site-to-Site Connectivity
- Accelerated Efficiency
- Reduced TCO
You will achieve total data security assurance as an insurance provider with Perimeter 81’s comprehensive cloud security solution. When your employees are connected to your network, they will be protected with next-level encryption (256-bit bank-level). They will be able to connect using an agent or web application and deploy within minutes.
Your user access can also be fully customized. You can create user groups and access profiles with specific permissions that are role-based. Additionally, the cloud security solution will be able to integrate with major cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
Perimeter 81 cloud-based solutions fill the security gaps left by traditional VPNs. Perimeter 81 offers a Software-Defined Perimeter (SDP) solution to protect your critical assets and infrastructure, on-premise or remote by leveraging Zero Trust security principles.
An SDP beats a traditional VPN in many ways. Such advantages include:
- Reduced Implementation Costs
- Seamless Auditing and Reports
- Secure Remote Access
- Network Micro-segmentation
- User-Based Policies and Rules
- Highly Encrypted
Perimeter 81’s business VPN goes beyond the limited security measures of a traditional VPN. Not only does it offer the same features and capabilities as a regular VPN, such as hiding your network’s IP addresses and unblocking geo-restricted websites, but it also requires no manual configuration or maintenance. Perimeter 81’s mission is to protect your business with its numeral and unique security features.
Such features include:
Cloud Remote Access
Cloud remote access allows your IT teams to manage and monitor their network in one place. Other major benefits of a cloud remote access VPN are:
- Reduced TCO
- Instant Onboarding & Scalability
- Unified Cloud Management
- Total Network Visibility
- Ease of Use
Dedicated servers with dedicated IPs
Dedicated servers and IP addresses prevent any non-employees or outsiders from connecting to your company’s internal network. This keeps all your sensitive information secured from uninvited visitors. It also helps prevent data breaches which can cost your organization millions in damages, both financial and reputational. Such a feature is most applicable and useful when your employees work from home to minimize external attacks.
Two-factor authentication (2FA)
Two-factor authentication is an extra security layer to your VPN account. Its implementation prompts you to enter a special security code as an SMS, email, push notification, or distinctive code from Google Authenticator when logging in to your account. It helps reduce unauthorized access which can lead to cyber incidents.
Split tunneling is a common VPN feature that allows you to choose the website or applications that you want to be protected with the VPN connection. With Perimeter 81, though, the split tunneling feature allows you to choose the subnets that you want to be protected under the VPN tunnel.
Secure Web Gateway
A Secure Web Gateway acts as a safeguard, which prevents your employees from accessing malicious websites, in addition to certain restrictions on websites to keep your employee’s productivity optimal.
As an admin, you can set up web filtering rules using your admin panel to block specific site categories such as social media, adult content, or gaming platforms. You can also set bypass rules for specific employees who need access to certain sites that might be blocked off as part of the defined rule.
Device Posture Check
Device Posture Check or DPC is a hefty feature that allows you to control who can connect to your company’s network. For example, you can use device posture check to only allow devices with certain antivirus software or hold an appropriate authentication certificate to connect to the network.
This feature provides you with great control and flexibility, as you can set up profiles for different device groups and types.
Perimeter 81 provides full control and flexibility in user management. You can create user/employee groups and assign them different permission levels to reduce the attack surface. Adding new accounts and profiles is also simplified as you only need to enter the member’s email address or import a CSV file with up to 100 email addresses.
Identity management grants you control over certain user’s VPN settings, such as:
- Enabling/disabling the Always-On VPN feature
- Enabling/disabling both private and public VPN servers
- Enforcing software updates
- Turning on the kill switch
- Enabling two-factor authentication
- Resetting user passwords
- Setting up different protocols for different operating systems
Encryption & Protocols
Perimeter 81 is considered the safest VPN provider for a good reason. It uses AES-256 bit encryption to keep all of your company’s confidential data and network safe. AES-256 is the same standard used by banks and the military, which makes it very difficult to breach and inaccessible, even by Perimeter 81 itself.
As for its tunneling protocols, Perimeter 81 delivers you the best to choose from:
- WireGuard: combines security and efficiency and delivers the best speeds as an open-source protocol.
- OpenVPN: This protocol focuses on security and stability and is the standard used by most VPN providers and Fortune 500s.
- IKEv2: This protocol is best for mobile devices as it can switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data while maintaining fast speeds and tight security.
- Admin actions
- Team member actions
- Payment data
Another nifty feature Perimeter 81 offers is the ability to extend its VPN network security to third-party connections and third parties such as contractors or partners via HTTP, RDP, and SSH protocols.
You can assign contractors application access that matches their risk profiles and role in your company, with browser-based accessibility. You also get to monitor when and for how long any user has accessed a specific application or resource or if they are out of bounds, attempting to access resources that are not in their everyday use. This should raise an immediate red flag and should be investigated.
Perimeter 81 provides you with the latest compliance regulations to protect private data from cyber threats. It provides your business with:
- GDPR Compliance
- HIPAA Compliance
- SOC 2 Type 2
- ISO 27001 & 27002 Compliance
A cloud VPN provides more secure access without the need to set up and configure a physical VPN or router. which can be a costly problem for branch offices scattered throughout the country or continent. With a cloud VPN, you can:
- Optimize your international search rankings as you can easily manage and monitor your ads and relative keywords internationally. You need only connect to an international server in your target countries to observe keyword performance easily.
- Stay ahead of your competition as you deliver different content for users in different geo-locations. International servers will allow you to customize your site accordingly, spy on your competition, and ultimately increase your conversion rate.
- Easily access any geo-restricted websites or content, as your real IP address and location will be masked.
- Encrypt your remote worker’s internet traffic no matter where they browse from.
- Your quality assurance team will be able to monitor product performance in your key international markets when they change their online geo-location.
- Increase your employees’ productivity by whitelisting and segmenting their access to certain cloud resources of your choice.
Perimeter 81 offers different kinds of plans for its business VPN alternative and cloud security solutions. All of its plans are also commitment-free, as they come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To begin with, Perimeter 81 defines a minimum number of users for each plan, each with different prices. It also offers a monthly and an annual subscription; you can save 20% with the annual subscriptions.
For the sake of simplicity, we will present you with the annual plans and the features each plan comes with. You can also request a free demo from Perimeter 81 to learn how you can easily set up your network, users, and resources, how to enforce a least-privilege access policy, and lastly, how to deploy advanced security tools like 2FA and more.
Essentials plan $8/user per month + $40/month per gateway, minimum 5 users.
This plan covers all basic needs to secure and manage your network; it comes with the following features and benefits:
- Cloud network management platform
- Global private network
- Web-based, secure application for 2 applications
- Zero Trust policy-based segmentation
- Fast and easy network deployment
- Unlimited data usage
- Activity audits & reports for 14 days
- 500 Mbps/Gateway
- User portal
- Unlimited network tunnels
- Site-to-Site interconnectivity
- Split tunneling
- Private DNS
- Two-factor authentication
- Easy-to-use apps
- WireGuard protocol
- Automatic Wi-Fi Security
- Self-service knowledge base
Premium plan: $12 per user per month, + $40/month per gateway, minimum 10 users.
This plan offers more advanced network security management features for your business, and it includes everything provided in the Essentials plan, plus the following features:
- Web-Based, Secure Application Access for 10 Applications
- Firewall as a Service with 10 Policies
- Activity Audits & Reports for 30 Days
- Premium Public Network
- 1000 Mbps/Gateway
- Always-on VPN
- DNS Filtering
- Device Posture Check up to 3 Profiles
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Authentication
- User Configuration Profiles for 3 Profiles
- Prioritized Customer Support
Premium Plus: $16/month per user, + $40/month per gateway, minimum 20 users.
This is Perimeter 81’s most popular plan, as it offers more layered security for larger organizations. This plan provides you with everything offered in the previous plans, in addition to:
- Web-Based, Secure Application Access for 100 Applications
- Firewall as a Service (FWaaS) with 100 Policies
- Device Posture Check for 20 Profiles
- User Configuration Profiles for 10 Profiles
- Dedicated Solution Architect
- API Support
- A Dedicated Customer Success Manager
Enterprise plan: Quote-based, minimum 50 users.
This plan is the fully-featured package from Perimeter 81, and it offers enterprise-ready security features to customize and manage your network. This plan provides you with everything in the Premier Plus plan, plus some extras such as:
- Unlimited Web-Based, Secure Application Access
- Activity Audits & Reports for 60 Days
- Unlimited Device Posture Check
- Unlimited User Configuration Profiles
- SCIM Identity Management
- 24/7 Dedicated Chat and Email Support
- 24/7 Phone Support
You can reach Perimeter 81’s team of cloud and network security experts by live chat from its website, email, or submitting a ticket with your message on their Contact Us page. You can also connect with Perimeter 81 through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Support: [email protected]
- Business Development: [email protected]
- Press: [email protected]
- Affiliation: [email protected]
- Careers: [email protected]
Perimeter 81’s website also offers several resources such as a help center, and an in-depth glossary section, in addition to valuable whitepapers, videos, and service level agreements.
Perimeter 81 is simply the best business VPN and cloud network security provider as it offers end-to-end security measures for businesses of any size or sector.
You can try Perimeter 81’s business VPN for 30-days without any commitment, and you receive a full refund if you decide it does not suit your business, although we doubt that will be the case. Take your cloud and network security to the next level with Perimeter 81.