Keeper Full Review: Keep Your Accounts Safe
Keeper is a well-known cybersecurity company, with a secure and private password management program that is preferred by many users as their product of choice.
Keeper’s zero-knowledge security and encryption software is trusted by millions of people and thousands of businesses across the globe to mitigate the risk of cyber theft, boost employee productivity and meet compliance standards.
Keeper is also listed for use by the U.S. federal government through the System for Award Management (SAM) further adding to their credibility.
Keeper is a password manager that allows you to store long, intricate, and complex passwords inside an encrypted vault that can be retrieved by a single simple master password in addition to multiple other useful features.
Using a password manager can be a very beneficial tool to protect your Online identity and accounts.
Is Keeper the password manager for you? Let's find out...
Keeper has multiple plans for both home users and businesses, each with features that appeal to the target audience.
1. Single Users & Families plans
For casual users, including individuals and families, Keeper provides the following plans:
|Plans||Personal||Personal Plus||Family||Family Plus|
|Save & Autofill Passwords||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Device Access||Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android||Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android||Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android||Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android|
|Encrypted File Storage||10 GB||10 GB||10 GB||10 GB|
|Dark Web Monitoring||N/A||Included||N/A||Included|
2. Business plans
Business plans by Keeper are more customizable relative to the single users and family plans.
Their plans provide tools for a large number of users, and most importantly, Keeper has a zero-knowledge security model so that they don't intrude on any corporate-related information.
Business plans by Keeper include:
|Dark Web Monitoring||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Dashboard||Admin dashboard||Admin dashboard||Admin dashboard||Admin dashboard|
|Security Policy||Zero-knowledge policy||Zero-knowledge policy||Zero-knowledge policy||Zero-knowledge policy|
A password manager is a tool made to secure your passwords and online credentials first and foremost. No matter how many shiny extra features a password manager has, if it lacks robust security then none of the extra features will matter.
Keeper offers the following privacy features:
- Password Generator: Keeper provides a password generator that allows users to customize a password between 8 and 100 characters long. Furthermore, users can customize the passwords' characters, including letters, numbers, and signs.
- Secure Vault: Keeper stores your passwords, credit cards, and different credentials in a 256-bit encryption vault. This keeps your data secure until you need to use them using a master password.
- Multi-Factor Authentication: This is an extra step you can go for to increase security by adding an extra step other than a password for login, which ensures your account remains safe.
These include SMS, touch ID, face ID, time-based one-time password (TOTP), universal 2nd factor (U2F) authentication.
- Dark web Monitor: Monitors the dark web for possible leaks of your credential, allowing you to take action in the event information such as your credit card number is leaked ahead of time.
- Safe Sharing: Keeper allows for file sharing over secure communication channels so that your info remains safe from a man-in-the-middle attack and other forms of hacking.
Keeper has a long list of features that you can benefit from, along with a secure network, but what makes it unique?
- Form filling: Keeper automatically detects fields, checks their description, and fills them with the relevant information, so that you won't waste your time on automated repetitive tasks.
- Admin control: Keeper provides users with an admin dashboard to ease their tasks and manage passwords and accounts from a single dashboard.
- Digital Wallet: Keeper allows users to store their credit card information in order to have them saved in a secure encrypted vault for further use in the future without the hassle of writing all the info from scratch.
- Digital will/legacy: Keeper allows you to set a digital heir so that all of your passwords and credentials are sent to that person in the event an unexpected accident happens.
User experience is an important aspect of using any program. Whether it's how easy it is to use the program or how reachable and helpful the customer support is, a positive user experience can make or break a digital product's appeal.
Regarding user experience, the following was checked:
1. Ease of use
Using Keeper is easy; the user interface is very simple and intuitive. You can start by selecting your plan, registering your account, and setting a master password.
Afterward, whenever you enter a website using a username and a password, Keeper will offer to save them.
Upon reentering the same website, Keeper will offer an autofill option that will ask you to use a master password you've already preset when you created your account.
2. Compatibility and browser extensions
Keeper is compatible with multiple desktop platforms, allowing a smooth user experience. The list of Keeper compatible devices includes:
Regarding browser extensions, you can use Keeper on all of the mainstream browsers, including:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
3. Customer support
allows users with questions to find the answers through multiple different customer support methods available for use. Whether it's by directly contacting the support team using live chat or by checking their comprehensive knowledge base, you'll find your answer.
Furthermore, it allows users to share their experiences with each other using their local community forums so that they can ask each other specific questions based on personal experiences, such as business-related to a certain field.
Methods of customer support include:
- Live chat
- Knowledge base
- Blogs and articles
- Community forums
- 24/7 Email and ticketing support (Not included for the free version)
- 24/7 Phone Support (Business plans only)
4. Supported languages
Keeper is available in 12 languages:
- Português (BR)
- Simplified Chinese
In regards to all the features mentioned, we reach the point of discussing the costs, trial period, and payment methods.
Accordingly, we shall discuss:
Regarding pricing, it has multiple options for users. Starting with the free plan, you can opt to try out their service and discover how amazing it is to have Keeper remember uncrackable passwords for you.
It is important to mention that the prices are billed annually upon registration rather than on a monthly basis.
Personal and family plans:
|Plans||Personal||Personal Plus||Family||Family Plus|
|Monthly Prices||$3.75/user/month||Contact sales (different price/amount of employees)||Contact sales (different price/amount of employees)||Contact sales (different price/amount of employees)|
|Annual Cost||$45.00/user/year||Contact sales (different price/amount of employees)||Contact sales (different price/amount of employees)||Contact sales (different price/amount of employees)|
2. Payment methods
Keeper provides the following payment methods for users:
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover)
3. Trial and money-back guarantee
Provides a 30-day free trial period on its premium individuals and family plans services, so you can try out their product in its full glory and power before making a decision on whether it's worth your money or not.
Is Keeper worth it? Yes, it is!
For the simple price of a single cup of coffee per month, you ensure your passwords, credit cards, and by extension, your online ID remains safe and sound.
Keeper provides many high-quality features, which we found to be very useful and easy to use, adding that their prices are relatively on the low side.
The 30-day free trial period on the premium plan lets you experience the joy of a first-class password manager and how easier your life will be with it. After the trial period is over, you get to keep Keeper on a single device and enjoy a free version of it.
Keeper has many of the features required to make a password manager great. Keeper barely has any shortcomings; hence, we highly recommend it for you in your personal and business use.