Best POS For Food Trucks
A food truck may not seem like a hassle to manage and run dependently, but in fact, you do not know how easier and better it could be with a point-of-sale system that supports food trucks. A food truck is like a smaller scale quick-dining service or restaurant where you would have a number of ingredients, recipes, and a menu to manage, brand, and keep track of.
Whether it is a one-person job or two at a food truck, managing a food truck manually will be costly and time-consuming. A good point-of-sale system will help you streamline your operations and workflow so you would not have to worry about any human errors or inaccurate data. Moreover, it can also help you pick up the pace with fast ordering processes, so you keep your customers satisfied.
Best POS for Food Trucks
Choosing the right point-of-sale system for your food truck is important because you do not want to pay for more features that you will not be using or hardware taking up your counter space. We did our research and rounded up the best POS for food trucks:
- TouchBistro POS
- Toast POS
- Square POS
1. TouchBistro POS
TouchBistro POS is perhaps the best POS for food trucks. It is designed to meet your restaurant-type business needs and provide you with the features and efficiency to keep your food truck running seamlessly—such features include visual menus which will help guests select their dishes faster. In addition, thanks to quick register buttons, your guest’s experience will also be more pleasurable with fast ordering processes.
Moreover, TouchBistro POS will help you save time and money with pre-scheduled menus and promotions that automatically change according to the day of the week or time of day. You can also save on counter space with wireless mobile payment terminals that can be put away when not in use.
TouchBistro POS will keep your food truck up and running even without Wi-Fi connectivity. Its offline mode will process all payments normally and upload them to the cloud as soon as the connection returns. TouchBistro also offers a loyalty program as a standalone product that can help you run promotions and reward your customers by enticing them to come back for more.
TouchBistro POS pricing starts at $69 per month, with extra products available for customer engagement, such as:
- Reservations – starting at $229 per month
- Online ordering – starting at $50 per month
- Gift Cards – starting at $25 per month.
- Loyalty – starting at $99 per month.
2. Toast POS
Toast POS for food trucks is a point-of-sale system that will go where your food trucks go and keep your customers wrapped around its wheels. In addition, Toast POS offers many marketing tools that help you connect with your customers and build great relationships with them; such tools include loyalty programs that offer your returning customers.
Moreover, online ordering and delivery services tools help expand your food truck’s reach. Finally, email marketing to send your customers customized emails about promotions or deals you are running, or simply to keep them in the know of where your food truck will be next.
Food trucks should not have long queue lines even if businesses are hectic; Toast POS offers you easy-to-use guest-facing displays that allow your customers to make an order and pay quickly, and you will not have to stay in front of your cash register for too long.
Toast POS has three subscription plans:
Toast POS offers three plans for its point-of-sale system:
- Pay-as-You-Go – starting from $0/month. This plan is great for small businesses, and you can get Toast POS up and running within 48 hours.
- Essentials- starting from $165/month. This plan offers more features such as online ordering & delivery, in addition to the Toast Takeout App.
- Growth- starting from $272/month. This plan is ideal for growing your already large business, attracting more customers, and driving repeat visits.
3. Square POS
Square POS is our 3rd best POS for food trucks. It offers quick solutions to keep your food truck running ahead of busy hours. Square POS can help you with making big changes to your menu at once in bulk for seasonal changes, in addition to streamlining tax applications.
Square POS integrates with a number of third-party applications and industry-leading partners to provide you with extra features including but not limited to:
- Delivery and Order Management
- Items and Inventory
- Accounting & Tax
With Square POS for food trucks, you can get the iPad and Square Stand that comes with a card reader for swiping and contactless payments so you can accept any payment type from customers and have more free space on your counter.
Square POS offers three subscription plans:
- Free plan: The free plan charges you 2.6% +10 cents at every in-person payment and 2.9% + 30 cents at every online payment. However, custom processing rates will apply if you process more than $250k per year.
- Plus plan: Costs $60 per month per location, with 2.5% +10 cents for each in-person payment and 2.9% +30 cents for each online payment.
- Premium plan; has custom pricing; you will need to contact the sales department for your quote, depending on how large your business is and its needs.
Best POS For Small Businesses | Several.com
Best POS For Retail | Several.com