National Auto Shipping: Should I Ship My Car with Them?
National Auto Shipping is a family-owned business that has been operating for decades. They are an auto transport service broker specializing in transporting cars, trucks, and motorcycles cross-country.
This company is an auto transport service broker that connects customers to shipping companies. They are headquartered in Miami, Florida, and they have been operating since 2006. National Auto Shipping is registered, licensed, and bonded by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, FMCSA, which works under the United States Department of Transportation. Their motor carrier number is 578938 and USDOT 2237531. They provide their services all across the united states, including Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.
The Better Business Bureau, BBB, rated them with a B-, however, they are not accredited by them. In the past three years, they have received 19 complaints from customers.
The company offers:
- Enclosed transport: This is a pricier option, and it is normally reserved for vehicles that need protection from environmental elements. It is the best option for high-value cars, exotic cars, antique cars, and limited-edition cars.
- Open transport: If you are on a budget, this is your best option; the difference between this and closed transport is the type of carrier. Your vehicle will be exposed to the weather, debris, and dirt throughout the whole route.
- Motorcycle transport: The company ships thousands of motorcycles every year with expert drivers. They do not lay the motorcycle down, so you don't have to worry about it getting damaged. You can choose to either ship it through open or enclosed transport.
- Dealer transport: Car dealerships sometimes buy their inventory online or have products at a different location. National Auto Shipping can pick up the cars from a set location and deliver them anywhere. This method ensures that the dealership's inventory is constantly updated and can meet the supply and demand level.
- Transports to all 50 states: They serve the entire United States, including Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico.
- International Shipping: The website mentions them offering international shipping but does not state exact countries. To find out whether or not they ship to your destination, you can reach out to customer support to see if your destination qualifies for shipment.
You can get a quote directly from their website. However, just like other auto transportation companies, prices for shipping with National Auto Transport can't be fixed. It depends on different factors like:
- Distance: This is the most important part of calculating how much you'll pay; the total of miles that your car will travel will be summed up, and an initial cost will be determined.
- Vehicle size and weight: Larger cars will take up more space than smaller vehicles, and the weight affects the weight carriers are required to travel with.
- Vehicle type: Transporting a car is cheaper than transporting a truck or RV. So the cost will vary drastically depending on what type of vehicle you want to ship.
- Transport mode: Open or enclosed types of shipping can take off or add a couple of hundred dollars depending on which one you choose. So does the type of open car shipping (multi-car trailer or hotshot trucks).
National Auto Transport sets the total cost on a case-by-case basis; rates differ from one shipper to another depending on many factors, as stated above. The prices are not fixed, and you can always contact a customer support agent to reach a better deal.
Instant quotes are not offered on the website, so you'll have to fill out an online form with a few questions about you and the vehicle, and an agent will reach out to you.
Their customer support works 24/7, so you can reach them at any time at +1-877-393-3232. In addition, you can send them an email through their website by pressing the email icon on the bottom right, or if you prefer to do it manually, you can send them an email at [email protected].
No matter where you want to ship your vehicle, National Auto Transport can provide you with a reliable carrier to ship your car anywhere in the United States, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
Although they don't mention initial costs on their website, they offer lower rates than their competitors. To find out more about them, click on Auto Transport Quote and fill out your and your vehicle's information; a customer support agent will reach out to you to discuss their prices.