AmeriFreight: The Best Service and the Best Price
AmeriFreight is a very well-known auto transport broker that has been providing its shipping services to people around the United States since 2004.
AmeriFreight has some of the best accreditations and reviews in the auto transport industry. Customers can't stop praising its affordable prices, unmatched services, guarantees of shipping dates, and more.
But since AmeriFreight is not the only auto transport company on the market, how can you know if it's the right one for you? The answer lies in this thorough, comprehensive analysis of everything you might need to know about AmeriFreight before you make your decision.
AmeriFreight has countless positive reviews and accreditations. Below are some of the best ones:
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given AmeriFreight full accreditation and a rating of A+.
- In the past 3 years, and based on more than 1,100 customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau, AmeriFreight holds a rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars, with less than 10 customer complaints.
- As for Google's reviews, based on more than 3,000 customer reviews, AmeriFreight was given a rating of 4.7 out of 5.0 stars.
- AmeriFreight has had a total of 10,000 customer reviews on Transport Reviews since 2007, 1,500 of which were given in the last two years; AmeriFreight has a cumulative rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to get a quote for shipping your vehicle:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to amerifreight.net.
- As shown in the photo above, you will need to fill in the two boxes with your transport distance (from-to) by providing the state of origin and the destination state and then click "Submit now." The following is the info that you will need to provide then:
- Origin zip, city, and state as well as destination zip, city, and state.
- Year of your vehicle.
- Make of your vehicle.
- Model of your vehicle.
- Type of vehicle you want to transport (there will be a drop-down menu with all the types that they offer to move or you can check our list below).
- Whether your vehicle is running or not.
- Your full name, email address, and phone number.
- First available shipping date.
- After providing the previous info, the cost will be calculated for you, and you will get a free instant online quote from one of the company's +10,000 insured and vetted professional carriers. You will not pay any upfront fees until after your vehicle is assigned to a carrier. AmeriFreight's logistics team will then search their vast network of carriers to find and assign you the best transporter according to your needs (your vehicle's make, model, year, distance, and desired shipping date).
- After finding the right carrier for you, you will be sent a notification with the details of the trucker and the shipping date. You will also be able to track the progress all throughout the process.
- The last step is when the carrier drops your vehicle at your home or at the location you agreed on. You can then inspect your vehicle thoroughly to make sure no damage has been done; if everything is okay, you can then accept the delivery.
AmeriFreight offers its services to clients all around the United States in the 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii. It also offers international shipping.
- Sedan (small, midsize, and large).
- Pickup (small, crew-cab, full size, ext-cab).
- SUVs (small, midsize, and large).
- Travel Trailer.
- Mini-Van, Van Fullsize, Van Ext Length, Van Pop-up.
Better yet, every carrier that AmeriFreight deals with has cargo insurance that covers any damages that your vehicle might face during transport.
AmeriFreight also offers customers an option where they can purchase guaranteed asset protection or gap coverage; the Allied Fidelity Total Assurance (AFta) insurance and protection plan will pay up to $2,000 to repair any damage that happens during transit, parking, and storage. This protection allows you to report damages up to 48 hours after you have accepted the delivery of your vehicle.
Other services offered by AmeriFreight include the following:
- Open and enclosed transport.
- Expedited transport for an additional $75 to $150.
- Door-to-door delivery.
AmeriFreight provides some of the most competitive costs in the auto transport industry. Their rates range between 50 cents per mile to $3 per mile based on multiple factors, including:
- The route of the trip.
- The size and weight of the vehicle.
- Your vehicle's operability.
- The season in which you want to ship your vehicle (peak shipping times are January and summer months).
- The desired shipping date and its priority (the faster you need your vehicle shipped, the higher the cost)
The following are some examples of their costs according to their website:
- Los Angeles, CA to Miami, FL for $900
- San Francisco, CA to New York, NY for $1050
- Buffalo, NY to Orlando, FL for $750
- Newark, NJ to Seattle, WA for $1150
- Dallas, TX to San Diego, CA for $750
- Austin, TX to Albany, NY for $850
AmeriFreight offers multiple discounts, including the following:
- Active-duty military: $35 off
- First responders: $35 off
- Students: $25 off
- Return customers: $50 off
- Senior citizens: $25 off
- Medical personnel: $35 off
- Multiple vehicles: $50 off every additional vehicle
- Early bird: $25 off if you sign up within 48 hours of getting a quote
If you have any questions to AmeriFreight's customer service staff about the progress of the shipping or regarding anything, you can contact them at 1 (770) 486-1010 at the following times:
- Weekdays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
AmeriFreight also offers a live chat option for contacting their team. However, their agents are not available all the time, and nothing on the website mentions the hours of operation.
AmeriFreight has an almost perfect rating from certified corporations and customers who have used their services. They have affordable prices, wonderful services, multiple discounts, and more.
If you're still wondering whether or not AmeriFreight is the one for you, you can compare it to our best auto transport companies to find out.