Match.com Full Review: Get To Meet New People
Match.com was launched in 1995. It allows singles to express themselves through a variety of free writing categories; they can add up to 26 pictures in their profiles, as well as specific preferences for the individual they're looking for. In addition, members may view pictures and learn about possible matches in their region with a click of a button.
They offer many filters and the preferred characteristics of your potential partner. They also offer a mobile app to easily start a conversation using their mobile, regardless of where they are.
Match offers two primary options, as well as a variety of fee-based add-on services.
Match.com has been a part of the online dating scene for a long time. It is not the cheapest platform available, but it is great at what it does; we will go through its many features and filter choices in further detail.
Someone who doesn't have enough time to go out and find a date certainly doesn't have time for a difficult-to-use dating app, which is why Match was designed with an easy-to-use interface and excellent filtering capabilities.
Ease of use and signup process
It just takes a few minutes to create an online account with Match.com dating. Your email address, birthday, country and state, gender, and sexual orientation are all required. When you join up, there is a preference for same-sex relationships.
You will be instantly directed to the online builder after choosing a username and password for your site's login information.
Match.com offers an online builder, which is a simple step-by-step procedure for generating your page with essential information from the site. Height, body type, relationship, and other personal traits and preferences are examples of such information.
In terms of functionality, the mobile app is identical to its online version. However, what sets the mobile app apart is its simple navigation and excellent usability, which improves the mobile user experience.
The mobile app, for example, is preferable to the website when using Match.com, as users may easily start a discussion using the mobile app, regardless of where they are or what they are doing.
You can download the Match.com app for free on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
It's highly recommended to go to the "Discover" tab on Match.com to look for members. You may conduct a variety of searches from this page, including:
- Gender, age range, and location
- Filters based on your predefined preferences, such as only members with photos and members who are currently online
- You may apply as many filters as you like to most aspects of the profile, such as interests, ethnicity, education, children, and so on.
- Filter results by activity date, newest, age, photo count, distance, and so on.
- Nearby: This feature is only available on mobile App. It shows you people who live near your place or who you've lately crossed paths with.
- Mutual match: Available only on the website, and this feature allows you to find people who have similar preferences and interests to your profile.
- Reverse match: Available only on the website, based on what you say about yourself in your profile, these matches seek someone similar to you.
- Saved search: Searches may be saved and stored to make them more convenient to use in the future.
- First name: All matches will be shown depending on the first name you enter.
Match has a total of 21,575,000 members, men 49% and women 51%. The following table illustrates demographics in terms of age range.
|18 to 24||16%|
|25 to 34||22%|
|25 to 34||27%|
|45 to 54||21%|
Match.com has two main plans in addition to a free plan. Basic membership is free, and it allows you to view who's online, receive daily matches, message a few tailored selections, and send likes. Still, everything beyond that is only available to premium subscribers. [Read more about Free Online Dating vs. Paid Online Dating]
After you submit a payment, you'll be able to see those who like and visit your profile. You may also see and react to emails, which is perhaps the most significant feature. The below table illustrates the different paid plans of Match.com and their prices.
|Membership Type||3-months plan||6-months plan||12-months plan|
|Standard plan||$19.99 per month||$17.99 per month||$15.99 per month|
|Premium plan||$23.99 per month||$19.99 per month||$16.49 per month|
The free plan includes the following features:
- Create a profile and appear in the search results
- Search for matches
- Daily matches
- Likes your profile receive
- Make contact with the people you've been recommended
- Upload a photo
Standard plan: You can have all the free plan features. In addition to other advanced features, you may send emails to other members who have paid for the service, view and react to other subscribers' email messages, and see who has liked your profile. The price of this plan is $19.99 (Three months).
Premium plan: In this plan, you are authorized to use all the previous plans' features. In addition, you can see receipts, get monthly boosts and get personalized comments on your profile from Match.com's dating experts once a year. The price of this plan is $23.99 (Three months).
Match.com also provides users with a variety of additional premium features:
- Email Read Notification: Find out if the emails you sent to other Match members were read. This add-on is available for standard users for $2.99 per month.
- Highlighted Profile: To make your profile and primary Photo stand out in search results, add a highlight around them, as with a profile that stands out, you may get more attention. This feature is for $6.65 per month.
- First Impressions: New members will notice you first. Your profile will be forwarded to the newest Match members in your region in the first round of emailed matches. This feature is for $6.65 per month.
- Match Phone: You may talk and call without giving away your number. (This offer is only valid in the United States), this feature is for $3.33 per month.
- Private Mode: In specific areas, you can limit who sees your profile by making it visible only to those you choose. This feature is for $9.99 per month.
- Reply for Free: This allows any free member to reply to paid users' messages for $9.99 per month.
- Top Boost: Get on top of the searches for 60 minutes only. 1 Boost is for $2.99.
- Match Me: Show up in the daily match results of another person with comparable or identical interests to you.
- Undercover: This allows you to visit and favorite profiles for a period of 24 hours without notifying your matches.
Same-sex relationship support
Match.com allows and supports same-sex relationships, as when you first register, you choose the gender of your potential partner.
Different users have varied preferences for online dating, so providing a service on several devices is becoming increasingly important. As a result, having the freedom to select what you want is crucial.
Match.com offers its online dating services on the following platforms:
- Desktop: Available as a website online.
- Mobile: You can use Match.com for free on iOS, Apple Watch, and Android.
After exchanging four messages, Match.com allows users to connect through video chat. The functionality works similarly to FaceTime or Skype.
You can reach out to Match's customer support through the "Contact Us" page in the "Help" section of the website and app. Customer service will respond to all sorts of inquiries. You can also search through their FAQs.
Match provides multiple payment methods for users to pay their subscriptions.
Payment methods provided by Match.com include:
- Credit Card
Match.com has a strict return policy; refund requests are only granted in certain circumstances.
In a nutshell, we do recommend Match.com. Their satisfaction guarantee policy ensures that premium members get the most out of their money. The site is certainly worth a try, especially with the money-back guarantee and the great features described in this complete review.
However, Match is a bit expensive compared to other dating services, and it only allows premium users to send unlimited messages and see who likes them.
Match is one of the most well-known names in the dating and relationship industry. It is a great option for those looking for straightforward software with detailed profiles. While the monthly fee may discourage some users, the site's success stories are good enough to justify the expense.
eHarmony Full Review: The Matchmaking Professional
Zoosk Full Review: Get to Learn What You Like
Christian Cafe Review: Meet Your Christian Partner!