Avast Loading This Shouldn't Take Long Error
Avast is one of the biggest antivirus companies in the world. Avast has been providing services to the world since 1988, almost for as long as the internet has existed. Avast is very versatile; it has so many products, including Avast Secure Browser, Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast Antivirus, Avast Cleanup Premium, and so on.
Today, our focus is on the antivirus software Avast and the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error you might face while using it. We will understand why such an error happens and how to fix it.
1. Avast Won't Open; Why?
2. How to Fix the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" Error.
- Reinstall Avast
- Disable/Enable File Shield
- Clean Boot
- Repair Avast
3. How to Take Precaution.
Why Does the Avast Loading This Shouldn't Take Long Error Happen?
Almost all programs or apps, with no exception, face lags at some point. And Avast is not an exception to the rule.
Some of the reasons for this error to happen include:
Avast, or any other program, might be running background updates that will slow down your computer and possibly cause the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error.
If your disk space is full, you might face any lags. You always need to make sure that your disk has free space to avoid the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error.
Outdated programs and software
Outdated programs cause countless issues to your computer, starting from slowing it down and ending with making your computer prone to cyber-attacks and everything in between.
Avast unwanted tools
Avast has so many tools that you probably won't need. So if Avast won't load or if it sends you the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error message, it's possibly because Avast's unwanted tools are overwhelming the system.
All of these factors will slow down your computer and cause lags to programs installed on it, including Avast Antivirus. If Avast Antivirus faces lags, you will end up getting the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error message, or Avast won't open at all.
How to Fix the Avast Loading This Shouldn't Take Long Error
If Avast won't open or if it sends you the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error message; you can try fixing the issue by reinstalling Avast.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and select Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll down to find Avast and right-click on it.
- Choose Uninstall from the context menu and continue.
- Next, go to the Avast website, look for the Antivirus product, and download it again.
- Finally, install Avast on your computer.
- Restart Avast and check if the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error has been fixed or not.
If the error is not fixed, you can move to the next method.
Disable/Enable File Shield
- Find Avast Antivirus and right-click on the icon.
- Hover over the "shield options" on the drop-down menu.
- You will get a sub-menu; choose the “ disable..” option. You can determine the period during which Avast will be disabled.
- After the disabled time that you chose is over, go to the “shield options” again.
- Choose the “enable shield” option instead.
- Restart your computer.
- Relaunch Avast Antivirus.
If Avast won't open still or if the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error message is still there, move to the next method.
This basically means restarting your computer system with as few programs and apps as possible; this way you will be able to tell if one of these programs is slowing down your computer.
Here is how to do it:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows key and R key together.
- Type "msconfig" in the box and click OK to continue.
- You will get a pop-up window; go to the Services tab.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services option and click Disable all to continue.
- Next, go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Disable all the unnecessary programs.
- Restart Avast and check if the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error is fixed. If not, try the fourth method.
For this, you will need the Avast Wizard. Before proceeding, you need to make sure no other antivirus software is running on your computer. After doing so, follow the following steps:
- Go to Start > Apps & features.
- Scroll down and find Avast Antivirus > click Uninstall.
- You might get the “User Account Control” dialogue box to ask for your permission > click “yes.”
- The Avast Setup wizard will then appear, and you will get two options; “change” and “repair.” Select Repair.
- The repair process of the antivirus will start. After the process is over, click “done.”
- You can now re-launch Avast Antivirus and check if the "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" error is solved.
You need to be patient throughout the whole process, as every step will take time.
For Future Reference
If you want to make sure you don't have to go and Google "Avast won't open" or "Avast loading this shouldn't take long" ever again, you can take some precautionary steps.
You can fix Avast's errors with Avast itself. How so? Avast Cleanup Premium is the answer.
Avast Cleanup Premium is a versatile tool provided by Avast; it is a standalone program that you can download on your computer to keep it clean and lag-free. Some of the services provided by Avast Cleanup Premium include, but are not limited to, updating your computer and all programs so smoothly and making sure no program goes outdated.
Avast Cleanup Premium also has a tool for removing bloatware and unnecessary programs and tools that might slow down your computer by clogging the system.
So, what you can do is install the Cleanup tool and let it do all the work while you sit back in your chair and relax.
Avast VPN Review: Protection and More.
Avast Cleanup Premium Is it Worth It? (2021)
Avast Full Review: A Vast Arsenal of Protective Tools.
Avast Secure Browser vs. Chrome: A Side-by-Side Comparison.